SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My P225 is back from Robert Burke!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My P225 is back from Robert Burke! Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted
12131's Karma for trigger work was not only VERY generous but really an eye opener about how different and sweet! a SIG trigger could feel. This is going to be some kinda fun. Cool

I got my 225 back from Robert about a week ago and the QRT QTR is something that is really hard to imagine possible.
The only pistol I have that resets close to that is my 1911s! The carry action job feels really smooth in DA and the SA is crisp. It was always a good feeling trigger but now that I know what really smooth feels like, it makes my 226 feel clunky by comparison. And that reset...I can't do justice with words how fast it is.
I told my friend to get his 226 and cycle it to really feel the trigger, then I handed him my 225.
His words --> "Holy Shit! How do I get one?"

Thank you Q! Big Grin

(Range report will follow shortly...I've got a lot of juggling to do in the next few weeks with 3 different shoots coming up all involving different guns.)

Robert Burke - The SIG Armorer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KMitch200,

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Q is a an awesome guy for sure!

I've had Robert do his work on one of my P228's. Now i'm saving up send him several more. You are correct it is truly amazing the work he does.

Congrats!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I hope to send him a Sig or 3 someday. He must be damn good at tuning Sigs because every Member I've read here who has a pistol worked on by him is super pleased.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear back from you KMitch200, that is awesome to hear. I'm sure a lot of us want the smooth action and hopeful accuracy improvement for shooting fun (range use), I do thats why I entered the KARMA, but what would be your thoughts for HD use? Only opinion folks...do not get excited either way.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Good to hear back from you KMitch200, that is awesome to hear. I'm sure a lot of us want the smooth action and hopeful accuracy improvement for shooting fun (range use), I do thats why I entered the KARMA, but what would be your thoughts for HD use? Only opinion folks...do not get excited either way.

The Carry Level Action Job would be perfect for HD.
The trigger pull only feels smoother, not lighter. The spring values have not been changed according to RB.
I wouldn't hesitate to carry this gun.

--------

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Does your P225 have the old style main spring and strut or does it have the new style?

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Has done all my DA/SA pistols for years. Outstanding work. Just did my PX4’s and P30’s.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12636 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Does your P225 have the old style main spring and strut or does it have the new style?

It used to have the old long style metal mainspring & strut, it sports the new E2 style now.

I told Robert to send back any stock parts that would be replaced...don't know if I will find a use for the old one cuz I don't know how many parts are interchangeable between triple serial number W. German SIGs.
I'm sure there's a source for that info...I just haven't searched for it.

--------

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Thanks I was wondering if it was changed, new style seems much smoother action

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I treated my 9mm SIG X5 Comp to a Robert Burke action job. All aspects of its trigger were much improved: take-up, break force, over travel, and reset. The reset, especially, puts a smile on my face – so short, and so crisp.

Robert also offered to move the break point rearward, but I declined his offer because I liked its original position.

Robert Burke and Q are admirable guys!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:

The Carry Level Action Job would be perfect for HD.
The trigger pull only feels smoother, not lighter. The spring values have not been changed according to RB.
I wouldn't hesitate to carry this gun.

Thanks KMitch200 & Q!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody got a Burke Plastic M&P Smith?

Dan Burwell is hard to line up these days and Apex is not gunsmithing. Those baggie jobs just don't do it for me.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Anybody got a Burke Plastic M&P Smith?

Dan Burwell is hard to line up these days and Apex is not gunsmithing. Those baggie jobs just don't do it for me.

I don’t think Robert Burke works on M&P Smith. Just SIGs, maybe HKs. He is,after all, TheSigArmorer.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He sure SAYS he does

M&P Duty/Competition Level Action Job - $245
We use your preference of either the APEX Tactical Specialities Duty Enhancement Kit or the APEX Tactical Specialties Competition Enhancement Kit in conjunction with our custom fitting and hand polishing to yield the smoothest action available for your M&P. Includes full inspection, cleaning, lubrication, test fire, and ammunition.

H&K and XD, too.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it comes to HD use, I don't think there is anything to worry about on a smith tuned DA/SA gun.

Here's why; reliability is #1 so the "duty/carry" grade trigger jobs either maintain OEM spring rates or don't reduce them too much for reliable ignition. At this point, the DA pull is still just as long as it ever was and the weight is still heavier than pretty much any striker gun even if it has been reduced to "only" 8 lbs.

A competition trigger job may take the weight down further, but it's still gonna be heavier than a stock Glock at 5.5lbs and have a longer DA pull.

A smith tuned Sig trigger is smoooooth though! I love my GGI tuned P226 and would like to try out Burke's work and QRT sometime.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
He sure SAYS he does

M&P Duty/Competition Level Action Job - $245
We use your preference of either the APEX Tactical Specialities Duty Enhancement Kit or the APEX Tactical Specialties Competition Enhancement Kit in conjunction with our custom fitting and hand polishing to yield the smoothest action available for your M&P. Includes full inspection, cleaning, lubrication, test fire, and ammunition.

H&K and XD, too.

I learn something every day. Thanks for that info.

Serious about crackers