SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New HK SP5 coming to the U.S. in Dec.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HK SP5 coming to the U.S. in Dec. Login/Join 
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
Had high hopes for these but it seems from the pictures circulating on other forums that as actual owners have received these HK has gone to great lengths to prevent full auto Sears from working in these. As a sear owner, I’ll be happy with my preban hosts and PTR.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I would have been surprised only if no such changes had been made. This thing is simply not an MP5, no matter how badly buyers want it to be.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I would have been surprised only if no such changes had been made. This thing is simply not an MP5, no matter how badly buyers want it to be.

Sad, but woefully true. That having been said, for the buyer that does not own a sear and who wants to SBR this, it’s a decent gun (although I won’t say MP5).

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Forgotten Weapons released their video on the new SP5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCdmPfHGG9c

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A nice well done video.....thanx

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are climbing well north of $3500 on GB with several days left on the bidding . Who knows where they will land

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajunmuscle:
They are climbing well north of $3500 on GB with several days left on the bidding . Who knows where they will land

I suspect this is the initial "first guy on the block" syndrome that happens with a lot of new products upon initial release. I suspect the prices will eventually stabilize below MSRP as supply begins to meet demand.

It's when H&K decides to discontinue them and/or an import restriction that will likely drive prices to much higher levels.

As I under stand it, the bargain on these was at Brownells. They had them for $2599 and were running a 12% discount coupon code. That would have brought them down to $2287.12. THAT would have been a great buy IMO. Whoever got in on that really scored.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
LGS got one yesterday and I did not get to make it over.
Will try to slide by today to check it out presuming it is still there. I want it but won’t be buying it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I guess I get it now. It’s the nomenclature. I watched that video. If we call it the SP5 then all is right in the world. I honestly never thought about it that way. Stupid of me I guess. Similar to calling your AR an M4 or M16.

So I am cured of wanting an MP5. But I really would like an SP5. Lol

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Any Sigforum 1st hand accounts yet?
Couple of shops I have stopped by here in NW Houston are all still waiting for their first supply.

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have not been following this gun all that closely, so forgive my ignorance, but are some of the clones more faithful examples of the original than this gun? Or is this a real deal with something just blocking an auto sear?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday. $2499 OTD and worth every penny to an HK fanatic such as myself. I figure I'll pick another one up once they hover to $2100 once the first wave is fulfilled. Just in time to watch Die Hard on Xmas Eve.

20191212_183036 by m b, on Flickr

Oh, and I also scored a vintage box for my W. German Nickel P226 and a Nickel mag. A great Christmas indeed.

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indreams84:
Got mine yesterday. $2499 OTD and worth every penny to an HK fanatic such as myself. I figure I'll pick another one up once they hover to $2100 once the first wave is fulfilled. Just in time to watch Die Hard on Xmas Eve.

Oh, and I also scored a vintage box for my W. German Nickel P226 and a Nickel mag. A great Christmas indeed.

HO HO HO!!!

Now you have an SP5!

Congrats indreams84! Looks great!!! Big Grin

Now you need one of these:

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I have not been following this gun all that closely, so forgive my ignorance, but are some of the clones more faithful examples of the original than this gun? Or is this a real deal with something just blocking an auto sear?

These things are pretty much what HK fans always wanted. True three lug (and threaded) MP5 8" barrel with correct MP5 magazine release. Does have internal block to prevent F/A carrier and still has shelf instead of push-pin lower, typical to all 90 series HKs.

MAC's SP5 video is out too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6nll5CSllo

posted Hide Post
but to esdunbar question some of the clones can take an autosear.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
but to esdunbar question some of the clones can take an autosear.

Perhaps so, but I was under the impression that the Zenith clones had a similar block to prevent a F/A carrier as well. It could be different though. I believe the general consensus on these SP5s is that they are not sear candidates. Perhaps some of the clones are.

One thing is for sure, they are selling like CRAZY. Just got back from my local gun shop. They said they had 4 come in and they never saw the shelf. All sold at MSRP as soon as they arrived. My online sources have had them and are sold out as well. There are a couple places that show them in stock for well over MSRP. I can wait. Not in a hurry to get mine.

posted Hide Post
There are currently HK gunsmiths that are evaluating the new SP5 as to legally modifying them to take an auto sear, or modify the FA bolt carrier so as to being able to use it in the SP5. These are very talented folks that are motivated!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feasibility of making these sear-capable as a host was confirmed by a well known HK Smith on another forum.

What's more laughable is that detail has no bearing on 98% of gun owners whatsoever who will ever own an SP5, so I question the actual importance.

Plenty of HK94s/SP89s/Clones/etc to convert if necessary.

Posts: 93 | Location: Gulf Coast, FL | Registered: September 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indreams84:

Great price on the HK compared to the crazy GB prices. Was that from a local shop ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post