SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New HK SP5 coming to the U.S. in Dec.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HK SP5 coming to the U.S. in Dec. Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
Looks to replace the current SP5K. The factory model looks like it has what the MP5 crowd wanted out of HK

Big thread on it at HKPRO. Supposedly some shops are taking reservations on them, no idea on the price.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
MSRP is $2795. They have three models; K, full size and full size 16", all being sold as pistols and made at HKO.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh.... With the perceived lack of support to civilian products by HK and coupled with the insane prices for mags and parts. HK has let it be known far and wide that they don't give a hoot for civilian customers or their problems.

As Sig has the MPX and CZ the Scorpion.... the 9mm carbine pistol is had for much cheaper and with better aftermarket support.

Personally, sold all my MP5s as I could get a great return on my investment. And I don't anticipate returning to the HK well for more water.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The MP5 is a cool gun for anyone who grew up watching it in movies, but considering it has expensive mags, no bolt hold open, poor sight options...it’s just not worth it for me. Owning one is cool, but do me, There are simply far better guns available.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
MSRP is $2795.

Ouch. Didn't think it would approach that amount. Considering I'm interested in a Zenith ZP-5 at a thousand bucks less, that is quite a price to keep it HK. I love the idea of an HK MP5 product, but man, that is quite a difference.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
As soon as they are available below MSRP,I will buy one.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
An oversized 9mm. Let me know when they introduce an HK53 pistol.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
At least the photos demonstrate that it is equipped with the paddle magazine release.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
They should do from the factory what 90% of the buyers are going to do, and put a stoc...er...stabilizing brace on it. As a pistol it's useless, as an improvised, legal, sorta-SBR, it's somewhat interesting.

Then again, I'd do the same thing with a CZ Scorpion Evo at a fraction of the price.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
As soon as they are available below MSRP,I will buy one.

Yeah, this one I might get too. I'm an Hk fanboySmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think HK will have any problems selling these new pistols and someone will quickly produce a adapter to add a brace. Years ago I'd be adding one to the collection but now a days my interest in firearms has waned so I'll handle one in the store and give it back to the sales guy.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
What does it do that a G19 with a 33 round mag can't do?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have a pang of nostalgia from my SWAT and protective service days. I regret not buying one for myself back in the day. But I don't think I like the pistol configuration, would much rather have a SBR.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
What does it do that a G19 with a 33 round mag can't do?

It lets you recreate "Die Hard" as John McClain, for one. The G19 just doesn't have the same feel Wink

I might consider one as a suppressor host if someone makes a decent pistol brace for it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I don't think HK will have any problems selling these new pistols and someone will quickly produce a adapter to add a brace.

They are already readily available. Also, there are some quality braces available for these guns.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK seemed to sell every SP5K they made without issue. My local dealer was on allocation and couldn't fill customer orders he had. I suspect HK will sell all of these they care to make.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are already readily available.

Where? I don't even see this model on HK USA website yet.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

YES!!!

That would be fantastic.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Meh... but I have to agree about the HK53 pistol.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post