SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 238/938 safety detent pin.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 238/938 safety detent pin. Login/Join 
posted
FWIW when cleaning either model IF you intend to remove grip panels WEAR EYE PROTECTION!!!
Safety detent pin (housed in the frame) can spring loose unexpectedly. The grip panels are what limits the downward movement of the safety.
When engaged (w/Panels implace) the safety swing is limited to approx the 8 O'clock position. Remove the grip panels and the safety is free to move past that point releasing the detent pin like a miniature DART and could cause serios eye damage....Don't ask me how I know!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you can use the colt mustang pin as a replacement if u cant find the Sig pin after it goes into orbit.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
When working on the safety of the 238/938, best advice is to disassemble is a Zip Lock bag.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post