SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New addition and New AXG Frame for the M17!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New addition and New AXG Frame for the M17! Login/Join 
posted
Really loving the AXG.

Chuck

U.S. Army Distinguished Pistol (2015)
12B/19D/79V

Posts: 12 | Location: OH | Registered: July 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I am really struggling between enjoying no credit card payments vs. buying the AXG at my local Sportsmans Warehouse!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s only money Big Grin
Cp

12B/19D/79V

Posts: 12 | Location: OH | Registered: July 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eaglecp6:
It’s only money Big Grin
Cp

That's what I said when I pulled out my credit card just now

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does the AXG grip feel compared to stock? Been debating getting this grip for my 320 X-Carry. Currently is wearing a Wilson Combat and it was a major improvement for me.

Posts: 17 | Location: Golf Cart City, GA | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allsmiles:
How does the AXG grip feel compared to stock? Been debating getting this grip for my 320 X-Carry. Currently is wearing a Wilson Combat and it was a major improvement for me.

I have an X carry wearing a Wilson and an AXG Scorpion. It doesn’t feel like it’s the same gun. The AXG feels like an even more ergonomic P228 with an obviously different action. The Wilson is about as close to perfection for me as an ergonomic fighting tool. I can’t decide if there is a clear cut winner between the two. I like them both equally for different reasons. I may get around to purchasing another AXG frame just because I want a black one.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I bought an X-Carry with the ROMEO1 included finished in FDE on sale at Cabelas for $650 plus bonus points. I already had a nitron X-Carry but I couldn’t pass on the deal. Since then I have put the Wilson Combat grip module with the tungsten rods on it.

That slide, of course, fits on my new AXG and the color matches almost perfectly, allowing me to have the best of both worlds: A Scorpion AXG grip frame with the X-Carry slide with the lightening cuts and a ROMEO1 that looks like it was bought that way. Very cool.

The added weight of the aluminum grip frame makes a pretty significant difference in the balance and feel. The pistol doesn’t feel anywhere near as top heavy as the polymer grip framed pistol, being much more neutral top to bottom. IMHO the added weight and feel of the aluminum frame makes it feel like a much higher quality piece. It does feel more like a classic SIG, like my P226s. The trigger is pretty light also, having a bit of a rolling let-off once you get past the take up. Reset is typical P320 mush, which doesn’t really bother me too much. Unfortunately my pistol is a California/Massachusetts compliant model with the 10 round mags, not really a big deal as I usually only load 5 rounds at a time at the range. That, and I have hi cap mags for it also, 17 & 21 rounders.

I’ll see how it shoots soon. I am sure I will mount an optic on it at some point in the future, probably a delta point pro.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
quote:
Originally posted by Allsmiles:

I have an X carry wearing a Wilson and an AXG Scorpion. It doesn’t feel like it’s the same gun. The AXG feels like an even more ergonomic P228 with an obviously different action. The Wilson is about as close to perfection for me as an ergonomic fighting tool. I can’t decide if there is a clear cut winner between the two. I like them both equally for different reasons. I may get around to purchasing another AXG frame just because I want a black one.

I love the Wilson but the AXG module is hands down the best addition to this series I have seen. If people knew how good these were it would destroy the ret of their sales. It’s that good and only 5 ounces difference.
Get one!
Cp

12B/19D/79V

posted Hide Post
Did you machine out the slots for the safety on the M17?

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The AXG module is my favorite also.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
If people knew how good these were it would destroy the ret of their sales.

Maybe...if they weren't $400. I've seen entire CPO guns go for less than that! I'd love to try one out, but the folks at Sig who set the prices are going to have to stop smoking crack first.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Actually, $400.00 doesn't seem that bad when we consider the machine and finish work vs molding polymer.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
AXG for the win.

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t really care for the P320 and if I’m honest some of that is due to the teething problems/drop issues etc.

That said those alloy frame P320 are gorgeous and the first “NEW SIG” in a long time that calls to me. I am certainly not a polymer hater by any stretch. Trust me I have enough plastic in the safe to fill a landfill for 10,000 years or so they say. Smile. But the alloy 320s really are fetching to my eye and the 320s I have shot have shot really well.

At any rate good looking guns there.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:

The added weight of the aluminum grip frame makes a pretty significant difference in the balance and feel. The pistol doesn’t feel anywhere near as top heavy as the polymer grip framed pistol, being much more neutral top to bottom. IMHO the added weight and feel of the aluminum frame makes it feel like a much higher quality piece.

I totally agree it’s the balance and feel, but side by side there is only a 5oz difference between the AXG and the Wilson compact grip.
Cp

12B/19D/79V

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have questions of the alloy frame guns. In these, the slide is riding on metal inserts as on the polymer frames? No rails as a standard auto pistol correct? How is it achieved in the metal frames? Has anything changed in the guns striker assembly and FCU for the metal framed guns? If there are differences, can someone point them out?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I have questions of the alloy frame guns. In these, the slide is riding on metal inserts as on the polymer frames? No rails as a standard auto pistol correct? How is it achieved in the metal frames? Has anything changed in the guns striker assembly and FCU for the metal framed guns? If there are differences, can someone point them out?

The slide rides on the small rails on the fcu, just like on the polymer pistols. I don't think there are any differences in the fcu between the polymer and metal framed P320s.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
[T]he slide is riding on metal inserts as on the polymer frames?

As stated, the P320 does not use metal inserts in the polymer grip module to support the slide, as is true of other guns that have polymer frames. The slide bearing tabs are an integral part of the separate stainless steel receiver of the gun which holds the other parts of the total fire control unit. There would be no reason for the metal AXG grip module to use the FCU any differently.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that information. Perhaps I can find some pictures of the frame and FCU assembled. As for the striker assembly, I'll assume it remains the same and needs to be free of oils or lube.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for that information. Perhaps I can find some pictures of the frame and FCU assembled. As for the striker assembly, I'll assume it remains the same and needs to be free of oils or lube.

It is the exact same striker assembly as on the polymer framed pistols. There is no difference.