SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you still like your Glock 43 or have you moved on?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you still like your Glock 43 or have you moved on? Login/Join 
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted
Carried a Kahr PM9 for years until the G43 came out.

I still shoot the PM9 better but have never been 100% convinced of its reliability (occasionally fails to return to battery). My G43 has been perfectly reliable but I'm just about to concede I can't get accurate (even though my G19 and G17 feel natural and shoot great groups).

I still haven't given up on the idea of a single stack 9mm. Anyone else give the G43 a try and move on to something else?

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I traded mine but only because I wasn't carrying it alot so It was a trade victim toward an expensive acquisition. It shot very accurate for me, literally one ragged hole at 10 yards. It was 100% reliable with probably 8 different kinds\weights of ammo over probably a total of 3,000 rounds. I will say that because of the smaller grip, it took a little more practice to get good with it but once I did I found it every bit as accurate as the full size and maybe even a little more so. It was actually uncanny in that regard. I only traded it because I wanted one of those Wilson Beretta pistols, and didn't want to lay out the full $1300.
I am a huge fan of the G43, and for its intended purpose i think it is at the top of its class.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a great gun but too low on capacity for me so I sold mine. I am however, thinking about buying two and carrying them instead of one gun. It's so light and thin I think that may be possible to do comfortably. Two is always better than one.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad had the same problem with his. I put in an apex trigger kit and new sights and told him to shoot the shit out of it until he gets better with it and the first out he noticed a big improvement

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I tried one. And shot the range rental G43 at the local range as part of my job there. Decent pistol.

But it was not as comfortable as my CS9, didn't have as nice a trigger and I shot the CS9 faster and more accurately.

So I will be keeping the S&W CS9. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry my G43 a lot, including when carrying something else. It travels with me quite a bit, too.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wino:

...Anyone else give the G43 a try and move on to something else?

Nope. It's my primary CCW gun (in Smart Carry) with +1 from Pearce.

It's the LCP & CM9 I have not given up on, both slip into a right front pocket.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
It's on my ankle in a Galco Ankle Glove right now.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried one and although I really liked it, it just didn't hold my attention.
It was accurate but capacity was low. Sights were stock and I don't mind Glock sights all that much but wanted more.
LGS had a Kahr K9 Elite and I fondled that. Bought it, shot it and sold the Glock.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my G43, it has been and will be my carry gun for the foreseeable future. It is slim, lightweight, and I can shoot it just as good as any of my full sized pistols. All I changed were the sights and added a talon wrap around grip.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Got rid of mine, moved on to the P938

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Nope. Went back to my 33 for the rare occasion that I pocket carry.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
It is my primary CC choice. I don't see that changing.

Capacity is a drawback, but everything involves compromise. I carry it with a Taran +1 on the mag in the gun, and a Pearce +1 on the extra mag. Sometimes a second extra mag if I'm feeling the need. That should be enough and I'm comfortable with it.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've worked with a good number of concealed carry guns since I got my license around 1998. I do favor a bit larger gun like G19 but reality is if you're going to conceal with some degree of comfort you may need to give up a little size and capacity. The G43 has been my favorite and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Carries easily, I shoot it very well, it's reliable and I'm okay with 7 or 8 rounds.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Sold both of mine and went back to DA/SA. The 43 was excellent, poppy due to the size but worked as well as any Glock. Just decided to go back to hammers and TDA.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
I have really enjoyed the 43 for easy concealment, fits well in the Remora Holster.

When I am not rocking the larger size pistol this is the go to every time. Recently acquired the Talon Rubber grips and I am glad I did.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased a G43 Talo edition from one of our vendors here with the sole intention of it being edc. While I shoot it just fine, it has since been replaced by my S&W 340 M&P, which I shoot really well for such a small frame revolver. Plus it has the added bonus of being pocketable, not so with the 43 (for me anyway). Speaking of, I need to get some pics of it and put it in the classifieds.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I put all kinds of upgrades into my G43, but I still shoot my stock PPS M2 better. It's a little larger, which may help, but for some reason it's more comfortable and accurate for me.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
For what it is I love mine. I of course shoot a full framed gun better. But as a slim single stack CCW piece. When you need something slim and light. It gets the job done.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Still enjoying is a great deal.

Ameriglo sights and a 25 cent trigger job

Hides very well on my tall thin body

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post