SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you still like your Glock 43 or have you moved on?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you still like your Glock 43 or have you moved on? Login/Join 
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I picked up the G43 because it was a Glock and nice and small. I preferred the trigger over the CM9 due to its very long travel, which often caused me to short stroke it during double taps.

When the PPS M2 came out I was very tempted to get one and sell the G43 but decided against it simply because the G43 was smaller. The PPS was a superior gun but I couldn't pocket carry it.

Now that the P365 is out (and mine is in route to me coming back from Sig), all bets are off. The Sig is far superior to anything else on the market in this class.

As much as I have always been a Glock fan, the Sig is on another level.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that the P365 is out (and mine is in route to me coming back from Sig), all bets are off. The Sig is far superior to anything else on the market in this class.

As long as SIG takes care of all of the reported hiccups that some of the early guns have apparently experienced, then I would agree. 11 rounds of 9x19 in a gun that small is no small feat. And I like that its internals appear to be far simpler than their predecessor striker with its fussy modular needs.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Well, I just went to the 43 from the XDs. I was waiting on the 365 but availability and teething issues have held me off. I don’t want to say the 43 is better than the XDS, it’s just that I am to the point that all I shoot is Glocks and the trigger characteristics being the same enables me to shoot the 43 better. A seamless transition.

The capacity of the 43 is the only real issue. 6+1 is ridiculous in that gun.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

The capacity of the 43 is the only real issue. 6+1 is ridiculous in that gun.
Pearce +1 and Vickers +2 are working well for me.

But yes, I agree that the only OEM option 6+1 is stupid.

I tried ETS mags - they work great in my 19 and 42, but they work like shit in my 43.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with my Pearce +1, Vickers +2, and both 7 and 9 round ETS mags in my Glock 43. I also have one of the Hyve +2 extensions that I need to try, but its a bear to get off of the magazine once installed.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I’ve got the Pearce +1 and am confident in it with HST.

I’ve installed a Ghost +2 but have not shot it yet. Interesting concept. Uses stock baseplate with a spacer and extended spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
I've had good luck with my Pearce +1, Vickers +2, and both 7 and 9 round ETS mags in my Glock 43. I also have one of the Hyve +2 extensions that I need to try, but its a bear to get off of the magazine once installed.
ETS works great in my G19s and G42, but for some reason only feed FMGs with any regularity in my G43. HST 147s fail to feed every round, every time (round jams on the front of the magazine), does marginally better with 124gr HSTs, but still crappy.

So OEM it is with my G43.

WRT the Ghost +2, I have one on a G42 mag that came with the pistol in trade - worked ok the two times I used it, but since ETS mags work great in it, I just use 7rd with a Pearce +0 in the weapon and a 9 or 12rd ETS reload.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I must really want to like the 43 cuz I just picked up another two 43s today.

Cleaned them tonight and will get them to the range later this week or early next week.

Time to put away my 19s for a while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased some of the ETS magazines for my 43; 7, 9, and 12 rounders and got an x-Grip on a suggestive sell. The x-Grip on the 9round magazine in the pistol fits my hand perfectly and is the same grip length measured against the frame of my G19 with the OEM magazine. This gives 10 rounds in a single stack pistol. I will probably use this pistol for my summer EDC.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the G43 for about a year or so. I have struggled with the thin grip, the gun would squirm which reduced my accuracy. Then I put on a Hogue grip which thickened up the grip slightly. This stabilized the grip in my hand and now it shoots great for me. I have about 500 rounds through it, with no issues. I highly suggest the Hogue grip if you find the G43’s narrow grip hindering you.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ETS magazines have been flawless in my G43. I don't carry them, however; I use factory magazines for that. I haven't seen any issues with one ammunition or bullet weight over another in the ETS; so far it's fed everything.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

As long as SIG takes care of all of the reported hiccups that some of the early guns have apparently experienced, then I would agree. 11 rounds of 9x19 in a gun that small is no small feat. And I like that its internals appear to be far simpler than their predecessor striker with its fussy modular needs.

This is where I am at. I pick up my 365-9-BXR3 this week. If it’s as good as people are saying it is with the corrections, I will likely be selling my Shield and Glock 43. The Shield and G43 are great but they can’t compete with 12+1 extended mags.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved on. Traded the 43 for a minty 320 compact from a member.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roadrash
posted Hide Post
The G43 has been my EDC for almost three years,in that time I have fired a couple of thousand rounds through it of all types without a single bobble.
I am intrigued by the P365 as are most in the gun community but given Sigs recent track record it is gonna take more than a couple of weeks of vetting before I move off my G43 in favor of a P365

Posts: 558 | Registered: May 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard in Winter to find time to test pistols. Watched competitor/instructor testing M&P EZ in 380 - ideal for early instruction, though accuracy with first 100 rounds was only fair. Must remember to grip the grip safety tightly. Then fired my G43 with more or less fixed (internally) trigger. After a few rounds, noted that bottom rear of trigger guard was hurting finger. The instructor has short fingers. Fitting frequently is an issue with those with hands at both ends of the distribution.
Then took advantage of the four back-straps that come with the M&P 9 M2.0 4.25 that I shoot in IDPA - found one back-strap that fit instructor's hand and fingers. Proceeded to shoot the center out of the bull's eye!
Fit. All else is secondary.

For me: G43, G42, and LC9S Pro are the carry any where - always-go-boom pistols. Wait for at least the first recall or 2 years on the P365 and it might be added to list.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold the G43 and picked up a SIG P365 and I’m very happy that I did.

The P365 is actually smaller than the G43 in some dimensions but holds 10+1 with its flush mag and 12+1 with an extended mag. I’m terms of shooting experience, they couldn’t be more different. My G43 was much snappier in recoil, especially with +P defensive ammo. Because of my experience with my G43, I was hesitant at first to try +P in my P365, but after I felt the substantial difference in perceived recoil with the P365 with regular pressure ammo, I figured why not give the +P ammo another try. I was really that impressed with the P365’s ability to more effectively tame the recoil and help me focus on my follow up shots. So, I went ahead and shot a bunch of +P out of it and was pleasantly surprised at the relatively tame recoil I felt. In fact, even with 124 grain +P Gold Dots and Federal HST, the recoil felt no harsher to me than when shooting the same ammo out of a much larger, full-size pistol.

The ergonomics of the P365 are superb and again, I’m not sure just what kind of magic the SIG engineers used to make such a tiny gun feel so controllable in the hand, but it is pretty amazing to me. One thing I read is that the P365’s full-length slide rails, similar to a 1911, help to reduce the snap of recoil. In any case, they really did their homework on this one. The one thing I had to remedy, however, was the sharp edge on the back corner of the flush mag’s baseplate. I found it necessary to file it down a bit to keep it from irritatingly digging into my palm when shooting it. A few swipes with a emery nail file and it’s now good to go!

Indeed, I’m glad I waited to pick up my P365 until after SIG did their “production tweaks” to the design after it first came out. All in all, I am very pleased with my new daily carry pistol and really don’t miss the G43 a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again, I'm a complete stranger. What the hell does it matter what I think? (TM)

Posts: 191 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post