SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you still like your Glock 43 or have you moved on?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you still like your Glock 43 or have you moved on? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The G43 does slide bite me annoyingly though. The Shield and Kahr ride higher and never did.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
After being my primary EDC gun for the past 10-11 months, I have sold my 43s and returned to the Glock 19 for my EDC gun.

I loved carrying the 43, it fit my hand perfectly, I just didn't enjoy shooting it. Around 2,500 rounds through several of them - so I think I gave it a far shake.

I'm thinking of picking up a Kimber K6S with night sights for my smaller "I'm not carrying a gun" gun for those dozen or so times that I need/want a smaller carry gun than my 19. Currently I have a S&W Model 38 Bodyguard, but really like the Kimber's trigger.

Then again, I might just pick up another Glock 42 for that roll. I really like shooting the 42, just not a big fan of the .380.

I also want to rent a SIG P365 to check it out, but honestly, the reviews that I have read and seen make it seem that it would shoot just like the 43, so I don't really think that it will be what I'm looking for.

The fun is the hunt Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve been humbled by the capabilities of my G43. Equipped with Trijicons and TT +2 extensions, it’s proven reliable and easy to carry. I preferred it over and sold off my apex’d Shield. With so many methods of potential carry, it will also be my “hot” weather edc. I never leave the house without it now. I won’t be opting towards a P365 anytime soon. No kool aid here Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Hard to come by in CA and Expensive $850 to $1000.
I had mine via a Family Transfer took 6 weeks for approval from DOJ.

That said I liked the way it shot and it was nice and thin for carry. But I just prefer the G26 . I sold it for way below CA market because I don't like gouging fellow gun owners... I used the $ to actually buy a Like new old stock G19 from the early 1990's I'd rather have that or an older model G26 than the 43.. Glad it went to a very happy new owner.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold mine because I never could shoot it consistently well like many of my other pistols. The HK P30SK LEM V1 is my primary CCW and a Glock 42 is around if I really need something that hides easily.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
I had resisted getting one for years. Got rid of all my Glocks (a lot of them) a few years ago and went to other platforms. Just last week I bought a 43 because of the size and feel (and they had it in green). I know it will be reliable. I have a PM9 and a J Frame that will lose rotation time for light carry. Will shoot it this week but have shot others and know I will like it. The long pull on the Kahr is its biggest detractor to me ... mine have been very reliable and accurate. I like the G43 trigger much better.

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave mine away.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold mine. I tried to like it and I did like it but it was the hardest gun to shoot I have ever owned.
I have/had small guns before. Kel-Tec P-32, SA XDS in .45 and 9mm, Ruger LCPs and others and I shot them all well but I found it near impossible to pull the trigger on the G43 without moving the sights left or right.
I have a Shield and a LCP II now and I shoot them much better.

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying my Talo 43 in a Garrett STS for about 2 years now. I'm in an office setting now and it fits much better in slacks and a polo.

No real complaints other than capacity. Guy at work is wanting to buy it and I've really got my sights set on a Sig P365. As soon as my local dealer gets one in, I'll be carrying this 43 M-F.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still a fan. Mine does everything I need it too. Adequate firepower (for my needs) and easy to carry.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
SIG P365....softer shooting, higher capacity, more accurate, you can put lots of rounds on target quickly....makes all the others obsolete....870 rounds through mine, zero issues, couldn't be happier with it

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
Also moved on to the Sig P365. More capacity, better sights and slightly smaller. Its going to give the Glock 43 stiff competition.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 43 for several years and carried it daily, shot it well, reliable etc. A buddy of mine had to have it so off it went and now I carry a S&W Shield PC 9MM......sweet pistol!

Regards
Paul

Posts: 5 | Registered: October 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I definitely like my G43, but I alternate between it and my Sig P938 as a backup gun. I like both very much, but I think I like the 938 a little better.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roadrash
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJM365:
SIG P365....softer shooting, higher capacity, more accurate, you can put lots of rounds on target quickly....makes all the others obsolete....870 rounds through mine, zero issues, couldn't be happier with it

LOL,obsolete. Roll Eyes
Get back to me when Sig has produced a few hundred thousand of these.
Sig sure is setting the world on fire with this game changer rollout.

Posts: 558 | Registered: May 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I always get confused when I read a post like this.

I do get the fact that the 19 is a superior gun to the 43. It should be, it's bigger. The purpose of a gun like the 43 is to be something you can carry when you can't carry something like a 19. That's all fine.

But you didn't like shooting the 43? Okay, it's not a range gun. It's a small gun chambered for a full power pistol cartridge. That's always going to have a bite. You can't beat physics. But are the Smith snubbies going to be any easier to shoot? They are also not range guns. I would think for an "I'm not carrying a gun" gun, the 43 would work better than a J-frame, especially if your "I am carrying a gun" gun is a G19 (same trigger, controls, etc.)

The Kimber looks like a nice revolver, but it's not going to be light (all steel?) Given how the G43 is going to be roughly the same size, have one more round stock (and can easily and reliably add another round), I can't see how it isn't the better tool for the job.

And yes, the P365 is not the joker in the deck. I'd wait six months to think about buying one, but in the end, if it works it's going to put a big dent in G43, Shield, LC9s, etc, sales.

quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
After being my primary EDC gun for the past 10-11 months, I have sold my 43s and returned to the Glock 19 for my EDC gun.

I loved carrying the 43, it fit my hand perfectly, I just didn't enjoy shooting it. Around 2,500 rounds through several of them - so I think I gave it a far shake.

I'm thinking of picking up a Kimber K6S with night sights for my smaller "I'm not carrying a gun" gun for those dozen or so times that I need/want a smaller carry gun than my 19. Currently I have a S&W Model 38 Bodyguard, but really like the Kimber's trigger.

Then again, I might just pick up another Glock 42 for that roll. I really like shooting the 42, just not a big fan of the .380.

I also want to rent a SIG P365 to check it out, but honestly, the reviews that I have read and seen make it seem that it would shoot just like the 43, so I don't really think that it will be what I'm looking for.

The fun is the hunt Wink

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
BBMW,

Maybe I can explain this a little better.

When I made the switch to the Glock 43 - I was switching my EDC gun from the Walther PPS M2 (and the reason for that was pinning issues on 2 of my 3 PPSs – the third one was sold unfired). I have (for the past 30+ years) EDCed a gun, on duty, off-duty, CCW, LEOSA, etc...

I have always shot my EDC gun a lot, trained with it, shot matches with it, instructed with it, etc...

The 43, as my EDC gun was going to get used - now today I don't shoot as often as I used to; I only hit the range 2-4 times each month as opposed to 2-3 times a week at one time. But still, my EDC gun has to be shootable - for me, the 43 was not a gun that I wanted to shoot a lot, carry yes but shoot a lot no.

The 19 – that I have carried daily before, year round for 10 years or so is a very shootable gun. So it goes back to EDC status for me. What I am looking to do with the Kimber K6S, the SIG P365, or other small gun is to replace my S&W Bodyguard for occasional use (a dozen or so times a year). Now could the 43 be put to that use – you bet, in fact I haven't ruled out picking up another 43 and just using it for that roll. Time will tell, like I stated – the hunt is the fun. (Buying and selling handguns has never been an issue for me Wink)

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That makes perfect sense. I would have just held on to the 43 and used it in deep cover role, while EDCing the 19. It always make sense to carry the biggest gun you can reasonably conceal.

quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
BBMW,

Maybe I can explain this a little better.

When I made the switch to the Glock 43 - I was switching my EDC gun from the Walther PPS M2 (and the reason for that was pinning issues on 2 of my 3 PPSs – the third one was sold unfired). I have (for the past 30+ years) EDCed a gun, on duty, off-duty, CCW, LEOSA, etc...

I have always shot my EDC gun a lot, trained with it, shot matches with it, instructed with it, etc...

The 43, as my EDC gun was going to get used - now today I don't shoot as often as I used to; I only hit the range 2-4 times each month as opposed to 2-3 times a week at one time. But still, my EDC gun has to be shootable - for me, the 43 was not a gun that I wanted to shoot a lot, carry yes but shoot a lot no.

The 19 – that I have carried daily before, year round for 10 years or so is a very shootable gun. So it goes back to EDC status for me. What I am looking to do with the Kimber K6S, the SIG P365, or other small gun is to replace my S&W Bodyguard for occasional use (a dozen or so times a year). Now could the 43 be put to that use – you bet, in fact I haven't ruled out picking up another 43 and just using it for that roll. Time will tell, like I stated – the hunt is the fun. (Buying and selling handguns has never been an issue for me Wink)

Hope this helps.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Orive 8

What he said. The G43 has never been an EDC for me, more of a hot a #$%^ weather carry gun and I have to wear certain clothing or stand out as different - like going to a fancy dinner in the summer months down here.

It and the G42 play that uber discreet role for me, but when that doesn't apply it's a G19 for me - for all the reasons he mentions. I can burn 300 rounds in 45 minutes with a G19 and want to shoot more. The G43 isn't hard to shoot but it's not something I want to shoot 300 rounds with in a day, much less 45 minutes. With 6 magazines (+1 or +2), after 100rds of the G43 and I'm done with it. Not because I can't shoot it more, I just don't want to.

As I think about it, my original PPS 9MM is far more fun to shoot - I only went G43 to go all Glock. I love the G19, I love the G42, but I only like the G43.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Dab of 14 year with some 43 protection

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post