SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 value nowadays
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 value nowadays Login/Join 
posted
Seems like Sig Sauer over the past few years has been gradually eliminating a lot of the different P220 models . So do you see the P220 going up in value or is this a dying model all together with all the cheaper polymer mfg’s and models out there now a days?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I think special configs prices will stay high but generic 220's will probably get cheaper. much like the 40's!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
.45ACP will never suffer the fate of what has happened to .40S&W.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P220 is not going anywhere.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I agree with 12131, the P220 is not going anywhere, and as such, the prices should stay the same.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a P220 ASE. Cant wait to try it out.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Many of us love our P220s. But I don’t think values will go up in the short term, because of the higher cost of .45acp ammo. People want to shoot more .22 or 9mm, and will buy guns that use those less expensive calibers.

Just my thoughts. I’m hanging on to my P220!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P220 .45 is safe.

Only a couple of years ago, I couldn't find any P220 factory magazines in stock anywhere, and the usual places had been out for quite some time. I called Sig CS and the rep told me that there had been an unforeseen & unexpected surge in LE demand for P220s, and that Sig was racing to catch up. That's leveled out now, but it's a good sign nonetheless.

FWIW, I paid $450 for my mint condition W. German P220 .45 from a fellow SF member. If I ever tried to sell it, I would sell it for that same amount. P220 market value is steady, IMHO.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
The West German P220's are always good property and folks ask me for mine on a regular basis, they are not for sale.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
The P220 .45 is safe.

Only a couple of years ago, I couldn't find any P220 factory magazines in stock anywhere, and the usual places had been out for quite some time. I called Sig CS and the rep told me that there had been an unforeseen & unexpected surge in LE demand for P220s, and that Sig was racing to catch up. That's leveled out now, but it's a good sign nonetheless.

FWIW, I paid $450 for my mint condition W. German P220 .45 from a fellow SF member. If I ever tried to sell it, I would sell it for that same amount. P220 market value is steady, IMHO.

Here on Long Island, NY you rarely see a P220 for under $600.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
I have noticed some variations in price in my area. Seems like they don't go for as much as they use to.

I blame the cheap LEO trade ins, but I'm not complaining

I have one that came from a local cop shop that had bought a lot from the LA State Police Department. It wasn't as cheap as those advertised on line, but is in great condition.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Our Sheriff's dept went with the disposable pistols a few years ago, is now complaining that they are wearing out and need replaced!! Smile

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if P220 mags are still scarce or not but saw one hanging on wall at local gun store the other day. Looked like it had been there for good while. $42.95 I think it was. Stainless, best I remember.

Posts: 15 | Location: Triad Area, NC | Registered: November 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post