SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320x5 sights off center
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320x5 sights off center Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a new p320x5. Went to the range and the first 10 rounds on the B27 at 25 yards were off the paper on the left side. Cranked in some right wind age and can only get 3 inches left of center.

Took the gun to my local GS who indicated the front sight off center by almost .045”

A little disappointed the a new gun left the factory with sights that are that far off center.

Posts: 14 | Location: minnesota | Registered: March 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Standard responses. Did you bench and sandbag the gun when you shot it? Did you have someone else shoot it to rule you out as the culprit?

4/100's of an inch isn't amazingly off. Its less than 1/16th of an inch. Looking at it you didn't notice it when you bought it, did you?

For all you know the bubba's at the GS knocked them off handling them. And of course, it ain't all that hard to drift a sight. Of course now that you drifted the rear so much, once you center the front post you got some more drifting to do. lol Ain't guns a hoot?

Easy fixes, don't sweat the small stuff, how did it shoot otherwise? Or did the sights ruin it all. I love my buddies X5.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did all the usual stuff, off the bags, guy next to me fired it as well. Just seems to be a general QC issue with most of the firearms makers today.

Seems to shoot nice, nice trigger, otherwise love the sights, once I get the issues with the Romeo 1 worked out (electronic quit working right out of the box) it will be my PPC competition gun this summer. Working on a 50 yard load right now.

Posts: 14 | Location: minnesota | Registered: March 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
PCC gun ? How does that work ? I’m setting mine up for carry optics but PCC does look fun. And the last match I shot had a classifier that we started at 40 yards. The rifle guys kicked everyone’s butt there.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are shooting a club modified PPC course. B27 at 50 yards and 25 yards, with the reduced B27 at 12 and 7 yards. Fun course, we break shooters into groups based on caliber. I am really hoping I get the gun up and running so I can shoot 9mm this summer.

posted Hide Post
Other than the sights sounds like a nice gun. I might have to break down and get one eventually.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gunsmith says the front sight is in REALLY tight. Soaked it in Kroll oil, using a sight pusher and even then it is very stiff to move. Should not shoot loose!

Have always shot full size guns, could not really get into the compacts, grip does not fell right. For competition concelability is not really an issue (except for IDPA) so the full size handles great. Really like the 5" barrel.

Overall seems like a really nice piece, just ran out of lateral sight adjustment. I have heard from other shooters that given the tall front sight, some people have run out of rear sight elevation (due to using six o'clock hold) and lost the elevation spring. In talking with Dawson sights, they indicated while they made the sights for the pistol, they were made to Sig specs. Their recommendation was to use a .215 tall front sight. If you change out the front sight for a .215" tall sight, this will eliminate the rear sight run out but the sights will not co-witness if you install a Romeo-1.

Looks like the trick is to use a zero hold and the run-out issue goes away (at least out to 50 yards)

posted Hide Post
I will admit I have never understood 6 o’clock hold for anyone besides bullseye shooters. To each his own.

posted Hide Post
When shooting a B-27 at 50 yards, the typical sighting dot on a front sight is much larger than the x-ring. Can't get a good aim point so I use a 6 O'clock hold on my PPC guns. Have used a neck hold on occasions but I guess my preference has been the 6 hold.