SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PALAFOX Sig XP 226R?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PALAFOX Sig XP 226R? Login/Join 
posted
Just read about this Sig and looked it up. Is this pistol worth the money they ask for it?

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats it. Put out by Palafox Solutions.

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Palafox Solutions

I'll relay the firsthand interaction I've witnesses with Palafox Solutions Group.

A friend purchased 4 suppressors, cash, with the understanding they were in inventory and would Form 3 to his local NFA dealer in a nominal amount of time from Palafox Solutions.

After 3 months, no suppressors on F3s, and little to communication (I even did a driveby of their business location to see if they were still open), we found out through a third party that the suppressors were not in stock and the owner of the company had been arrested for sex with a minor. Basically he was paying a prostitute for sex but she was only 16. Arrested, charged, the whole bit.

This was oh, 8-10 months ago IIRC. My buddy was able to get his bank to reverse the charges on the suppressors that never showed up, with much wanking from the owner (every excuse in the book coming from him).

Last I heard before he shut his facebook down was he was doing a fire sale of everything under the sun (to pay for legal expenses).

I didn't even know they were still in business. Maybe he beat the rap, but I wouldn't do business with them with your money.

And it looks like the palafox.com website has been shut down for non-payment.

Tread carefully, IMO.

posted Hide Post
I was just interested. In the last book I read by Brad Thor his operator Scott Harvath is using the 226 by PALAFOX. Some one should mention this to him.

posted Hide Post
IMHO, there's not a lot you can do to a 226 to make it "better" short of the Grayguns treatment. The base gun off the shelf is an outstanding shooter. Just my opinion, but all the rest is simply window dressing.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
IMHO, there's not a lot you can do to a 226 to make it "better" short of the Grayguns treatment. The base gun off the shelf is an outstanding shooter. Just my opinion, but all the rest is simply window dressing.
+1

posted Hide Post
I have a 226 Legion so I am good to go. Like I said I was just interested.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
It definitely would not be worth the money to me for the little action work they actually do. Most of the cost is probably in the slide modifications. Those slide cuts are going to significantly change the slide weight and balance of the gun (I wonder if they change the recoil spring). Plus, I'd rather earn my "worn" finish honestly via holster wear than pay for it. Smile

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
These rank up there with the Salient MK25. The reason they never really made it mainstream with that gun is because the P226 needs very little to be perfect.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
These rank up there with the Salient MK25. The reason they never really made it mainstream with that gun is because the P226 needs very little to be perfect.

yeah, I'd have to agree.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
There are a few shops that machine slides for Glock, S&W, and Sig... nothing special.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Save your money. Sometimes there is a vast gulf between "looks cool" and "actually works". For the money he's asking for one of those, you can get a heck of a lot done at GrayGuns that will actually work and has a proven track record of reliability.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For that price, you could pick up a few LE trade in 226's that will have honest wear on them.
I also agree with all here saying the 226 needs little done to be an excellent pistol.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post