SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EMP3 or EMP4?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EMP3 or EMP4? Login/Join 
posted
Having trouble deciding..,won't ever carry it but curious in terms of shootability and looks. Anybody own or shot both??

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my EMP4.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my EMP3; mine has been reliable and very accurate. Fits my medium size hand like a glove!

Posts: 106 | Location: BRP,NC | Registered: January 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the three. Had some trouble with it last outing. Very few choices for aftermarket sights- propriety dovetail on the 3 inch (1998)

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Had the 3" and, regrettably, sold it. Dependable, accurate (at 15 yards and beyond), easy to handle. All around top three guns I've ever owned.

Held the 4" (several times) in the gun shop. Similar, excellent build quality. Much bigger, but not terribly. Wouldn't mind owning one.

Between the two, for me, I'd buy the 3" and not look back. It's very easy to carry, btw.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a EMP4 Concealed Carry Contour since last April and I really like it. The bobtail contour really fits my hand well and it's really a soft recoiling gun that's easy to shoot accurate follow up shots. I would like to get a 3" in the near future.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Emp4 concealer carry contour. No issues and a great shooter

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 3 and it has been flawless. I only wish it had checkering on the front strap but a great gun.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have never shot the 3", but I love my 4". Incredibly accurate, easy to shoot, and reliable. It has also consumed pretty much any ammo I fed it.

It's actually kinda bad, because I like shooting it so much that I neglect my carry and duty guns somewhat.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the EMP 3 & 4. The EMP3 is in 9mm and the EMP 4 in 40 s&w. The shot great and are accurate. Her are two photo's.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
While it is mostly a safe queen that gets a taken to the range once or twice a year, I love my EMP4 in 9mm.

Having smaller hands, it just feels perfect.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
As much as I want Springfield to fall back in it and die right now, you guys are killin' me with those photos. I love the .40 EMPs, and have almost convinced myself that I might need a 4 incher in the concealed carry contour, and a two tone 3 incher.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys and sharing the beautiful pics...I have smaller hands so I've always liked the feel of them. I love the wood grips on the EMP4 but held the Contour model this week and man that thing sits in the hand like it belongs there. May end up going with it.

Agree with others that wish the EMP3 had front strap checkering of some kind.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the awesome looking wood grips on the contour and maybe do some carpentry work to get them to fit...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EMP3 frame with EMP4 slide would be perfect. The golf ball texture on the 4's I've seen is pretty good too.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like my EMP3. It is my CC gun. Very reliable, great ergonomics, and easy to conceal.
As much as I find the EMP4 tempting, I have a Sig Nightmare carry in 45 so I just cannot justify picking up the EMP4 (though if I come into 1K of extra discretionary funds, I might succumb...)

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post