SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cut slide for RMR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cut slide for RMR Login/Join 
posted
I really stink when it comes to searching on this forum. I found only two posts, none of which was relevant. I am sure I saw more a few months ago.

So, I'll just ask, if you don't mind.

First, the Holosun 507c DaBigBR sells on the Classifieds here does fit the plain old Sig P365. right?

Secondly, Who do you recommend to cut the slide?

Thirdly, should I (or would you) have the cut refinished by the company who cuts it? One company gets $50 to $80 to do that, but the slide is stainless-not sure why it needs to be done.

Next, does the Holosun come with the Plate (platform, adapter or ...?) to mount the Holosun on the 365 slide? I think he does supply the screws.

Lastly, Anything else I need to have or buy or ask about before I do this?

I'd start by buying one of the Holosuns from him if they fit the P365. Then send my slide to whomever you recommend.

I would like to only deal with the Holosun seller and the cutter, so one or both having all I need is sorta important. Not a deal killer, but important to me.

I had an XL with the Sig RZ and loved everything about it but the size of the XL, so I sold it. Now considering the smaller 365 with a red dot.

I heard the Holosuns were gonna be so much stronger, better, etc. so I thought I'd ask.

I appreciate any assistance. I looked at one cutter's website, but understood very little of the choices I would have to make.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 507c is large for a P365. The following optics would be more appropriate:

Holosun 407k, 507k
Sig Romeo Zero
Shield RMSc

I don't see the point of having a different company refinish the cut unless you're going for some type of custom look. You'd have to have the milling done, pay for shipping to / from the other place to use to refinish. Regarding refinishing, stainless is rust resistant. It's not rust proof. That's why most slides are finished in Nitron, DLC, etc even if they're made of stainless steel.

Adapters are typically used with optics-ready pistols that are pre-cut from the factory. There are some third parties who cut slides for use with adapter plates but most of the time when you're the one having a slide milled you send them the optic and the slide and they mill it to your specific optic. No adapter plate.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I meant "k" on second or third thought. I think the "k" is due out pretty quick.

Thanks, now to find some conmpany who'll do that after I get the right optic.

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I recommend L&M Precision. Assuming they’ll do the 365. Worth asking

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I'll check 'em out.

Bob

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Jagerwerks did my Glock.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,David W, I'll check them out, too.

Bob

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Some are getting the 407k already.
I'm doing the same, ditching the XL slide assy and RZ getting a 507k with a green dot when they come out.
I'll be sending my 365 slide to be cut to these guys.
https://fabricatedarms.com/pro...ield-rmsc-optic-cut/
From what I've seen they do good work and should be seeing some pics with the 407 soon.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, these guys look good, too.

Bob

I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
ATEI out of Michigan. The best in the business.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some top shops already mentioned.
Here's one more...
https://www.mapleleaffirearms....cuts/sig-optic-cuts/

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a number of members here said they used used Mapleleaf in another thread (which, with my great search skills, I couldn't find). I have looked at them, too.

Waiting on the "k" to become available.

Bob

posted Hide Post
There are some 507Ks in the wild, but I have not been able to get them yet. In fact, I now have four distributors that sell Holosun, and between the four of them, there are ZERO Holosun products in stock right now. Very frustrating.

I will be using Maple Leaf to have my P365 milled for a 507K, though.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I plan to wait to buy till you get the 507k in stock.

Bob

posted Hide Post
I would contact C&H Precision to see if they have a mounting plate system in the works for the P365. Their plate system is similar to Glock's MOS system, but much better and not just for Glocks.

The benefit is going to be the modularity. Red dot technology is expected to move very fast over the next several years. What happens if the 507K footprint doesn't become the standard, like the Trijicon RMR? If you direct mill, you may be stuck with that.

I don't currently see an adapter plate system listed on their website for the P365, but seeing as it's one of the most popular guns on the market, I would kinda expect it to be in the works. If it is, that's how I would roll.

If you choose direct mill, there's a bunch of fine companies. ATEI, JagerWerks, Vulcan Gun Works, Primary Machine, and L&M, just to reiterate a few.

(I'm not affiliated with C&H, nor do I own any of their products. This is not a review of their products.)

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Namelessarms.com makes mounts for the 3 recommended devices that fit the 365 SAS without alteration. You take off the bullseye and mount the plate. Costs around 40 bucks. Might be better off going this route if you think it's worth it.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fredward, I dumped my SAS, and am sticking with the standard 365.

Thanks to the two posters above.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

posted Hide Post
Primary Machine

https://primarymachine.com/optic-milling-combos/

They don't do a generic cut; your optic must be sent with the slide and the cut is specific to that optic. It's not just the screws that retain the optic, but the slide cut itself. A hundred fifty bucks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
ATEI out of Michigan. The best in the business.

I completely agree.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their plate system is similar to Glock's MOS system, but much better and not just for Glocks.

I'm going to disagree with that one. I happen to like C&H plates and use them for a couple of applications, but its not a universal system. It gives you 'a' to 'b'. Where 'a' is the factory cut and 'b' is one they make to adapt. But not like Unity Atom or MOS where the plate interface is neutral and you can then add whatever you need.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post