Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985: Remembering now that I would need a complete 9mm slide for a P226 conversion.

Or just a conversion barrel and use the existing .40 slide.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same situation. Best way is to use a conversion barrel. Only problem is you'll spend most of the $250.00 to buy the barrel and there is no guarantee that even a drop in barrel might not need some fitting. So pretty much a straight up trade for you. By the way I bought my Legion 226 .40 LNIB for 639.00.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P226 tacops in .40sw, but wanted to shoot 9mm out of it as well.
I still shoot 40sw just as much as 9mm though.
Well I bought a Silenco 9mm suppressor barrel for a P226 and it dropped right in and functions perfectly fine. Had to make a slight sight adjustment but it wasn’t a big deal.
I’m sure you can probably do the same with a Legion.
That silenco barrel also fit my old school West German P226 9mm, so the variation in barrels hasn’t changed much. Whatever small difference there is in lock—up and accuracy it’s not noticeable shooting below 25 yards freehand IMO.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold the Barsto 9mm conversion barrels for Sigs for many years. Barsto says they "are a semi=drop in" to CYA if they didn't drop in. When they were still in California, it was rare for one to not drop in' but when they moved to Dakota's, it was much more common for them to not drop in. Odds higher if unused new gun, less likely if fairly well used.

Doing the slight bit of fitting paid dividents in accuracy; but many customers don't want to lay out extra money for fitting, assuming it will drop in. Also, many of us don't live near a competent gunsmith, not that hard of a job, usually done in less than half an hour; but some consider it a hassle. If you want best accuracy and you can afford it, I'd get barrel that needed to be fitted, not semi drop in.

KKM makes great barrels for Glocks and theirs drop in and improve accuracy and options for ammunition: but Gen 5 has pretty much eliminated that need. The word for last several years was they were going to start to do Sig barrels: but they always "say they'd like to; but no definite plans"? KKM's 9mm conversions for Glock does for the what Barsto for Sigs; plus if you like multi-caliber guns like I do, KKM is an excellent choice. If you have AEP or Gray Guns treatment for your Sig or Apex, etc, done to your Glock, it is much more economical to shoot multi-calibers out of a such modified gun!

What I don't know if there is any issue with a 22 kit on AEP or Gray: but can tell you a Tactical Solutions or Advantage Arms 22 kit will not work on modified Glocks!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goforbroke:
I bought a P226 tacops in .40sw, but wanted to shoot 9mm out of it as well.
I still shoot 40sw just as much as 9mm though.
Well I bought a Silenco 9mm suppressor barrel for a P226 and it dropped right in and functions perfectly fine. Had to make a slight sight adjustment but it wasn’t a big deal.
I’m sure you can probably do the same with a Legion.
That silenco barrel also fit my old school West German P226 9mm, so the variation in barrels hasn’t changed much. Whatever small difference there is in lock—up and accuracy it’s not noticeable shooting below 25 yards freehand IMO.

I did the same.

I bought a police trade-in P226 DAK in .357 Sig.

Added a silencerco barrel, 9mm recoil spring, and 9mm magazine. It functioned 100%, even shooting to point of aim with the stock sights.

with the 9mm barrel:

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post