SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any non-decocker Grips for P229 DAK?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any non-decocker Grips for P229 DAK? Login/Join 
posted
I have found an as-new P229 DAK on crook broker. But, I know nothin' about DAK grips. Are there any grips available which don't have the cut out and relief cut for the de-cocker? I did a search here on SF but couldn't find anything. Also, will regular screw-mounted grips work on DAK's? It's pretty pricey but I was able to sell my used P239 and want to replace it with a metal SIG. Thanks!

Posts: 424 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Hogue offers G10 and or Aluminum smooth or Checkered and in many colors for the DAK series P229

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
I have found an as-new P229 DAK on crook broker. But, I know nothin' about DAK grips. Are there any grips available which don't have the cut out and relief cut for the de-cocker? I did a search here on SF but couldn't find anything. Also, will regular screw-mounted grips work on DAK's? It's pretty pricey but I was able to sell my used P239 and want to replace it with a metal SIG. Thanks!
I need to look through my spare grips tonight, but I may have one of the Original sets of OEM wood grips for the 229DAK/DAO pistols.

I no longer own a P229 DAK

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen - Thank you very much!! I am doing the GB order today.

Posts: 424 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
Hogue offers G10 and or Aluminum smooth or Checkered and in many colors for the DAK series P229

I had those on my P229 SAS for awhile.
Nice grips..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
I need to look through my spare grips tonight, but I may have one of the Original sets of OEM wood grips for the 229DAK/DAO pistols.

I no longer own a P229 DAK
I just found them this morning

They are a honey color

[IMG]http://calzaretta.com/scans/PC219148%20(Small).JPG[/IMG]

Not sure why the image is not displaying

Grips

This message has been edited. Last edited by: colt_saa,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for an ancient thread resurrection – but, my 229DAK is at the FFL. Ran out of money in 2018 and it took two years to get this Frown. Now, my major concern is that the grip frame may not have grip screw bushings. It is a US-made frame, with serial prefix 55B07, and it has the E2 grips on it like the other one in the photo above. Looks like I may be screwed, for now, if this US frame does not have grip screw bushings. I have the new Altamont grips, and Hogue Grip screws, but the screws have a very shallow/short threaded part on them which I am pretty sure means they were designed to be used with grip screw bushings ...

Edited to add: Did these ‘E2 Style’ 229 DAKS (2016) ship with grip screw bushings installed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GeoJelly,

posted Hide Post
Sig also made a pair of factory black plastic gips with straighter backstrap for DAK models. These are very rare.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post