Find
Notify
Tools

P365 FTEs Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted
My excitement over my new summer carry pistol has hit a snag, unfortunately.

I run my carry guns through 250 rounds of Speer Lawman, 100 rounds of Winchester NATO, and 150 of my carry load (in this case, Speer's Short Barrel Gold Dot load). I was quite pleased when my P365 - born on date 29 November 2018 - made it through without so much as a burp or hiccup. I cleaned the pistol thoroughly, gave her some TW-25B, stuffed some GDHP in some mags, and put the pistol in a holster.

Thirty five rounds into practice with the holster, I got a failure to extract. Casing stayed in the chamber and the slide attempted to feed a fresh round into the back of the casing. I paid careful attention to my grip to ensure my thumbs weren't contacting the slide and I wasn't limp-wristing the pistol, and had the failure occur three more times in the following forty rounds. Ammo was Speer Lawmen 124gr FMJ out of the same lot that I use in pretty much everything I shoot, without issue. When inspecting the pistol, the extractor looks OK - but what I thought was just cosmetic wear on the barrel hood includes gouging from the slide. I didn't catch it until a friend with a little more diagnostic experience started checking the pistol out.

So...massively bummed, and a call to SIG is in order.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's depressing.

Extractor condition and tension, chamber dimensions and ammunition would be my punch list of possible causes. I have a 220ST that simply will not run with most reloads but works with all factory ammo. The extractor is fine, so we've long believed the chamber is slightly undersized.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Mike at CS was very helpful. She goes back to the mothership tonight.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I've seen some videos of people now having issues with the 365xl, too. Granted, the number is small compared to how many pistols are out there, but it seems to be happening more than you would like to hear. Especially with a carry pistol. I am a big SIG fanboy but I just can't get on board with the 365's yet. I hope you get it running and can have confidence in it.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Pic of the gouge?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Good Lord, based on the numerous threads about people having nothing but problem with the Sig P365, I can pretty much know I'll never be buying one!

Posts: 33759 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just purchased one yesterday, manual safety version.

Finger's crossed. Wink

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish all Sig firearms well, but it seems Sig is always coming out with so many new firearms, pistols and rifles both that don’t fully have all the bugs worked out of them, or that the quality control of their firearms leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent my 365 back today as well for failures to extract. Purchased January of this year, manufactured in December.
First 250 rounds or so were flawless. Last 2 range trips (about 160 rounds) had about 40 failures to extract or partial extraction. Factory ammo: Speer Lawman and Blazer Brass had the issues. A few rounds of Gold Dot +Ps didn't. All 6 of my mags had issues. Sending some of the brass back to Sig with the gun.
Disappointed as this had become my carry gun.

Posts: 27 | Registered: July 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Good Lord, based on the numerous threads about people having nothing but problem with the Sig P365, I can pretty much know I'll never be buying one!

Sig forum has been pretty quiet about 365 problems for a long time and dont let one or a few folks deter your decision when sig makes thousands of these handguns and some will fail. My wife and two of her friends are in a pistol leaques, all have 365s, build 2008 and later and all have 500 to over 1000 rds with no issues. All three are business owners and carry 38 revolvers for backups that always go bang and where you can imagine, Luv'em.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozzy14559:
quote:

Sig forum has been pretty quiet about 365 problems for a long time and dont let one or a few folks deter your decision when sig makes thousands of these handguns and some will fail. My wife and two of her friends are in a pistol leaques, all have 365s, build 2008 and later and all have 500 to over 1000 rds with no issues. All three are business owners and carry 38 revolvers for backups that always go bang and where you can imagine, Luv'em.

oops, meant 2018 not 2008. Must have been thinking about our 2003 german 225.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
oops, meant 2018 not 2008...

I'm sure we all knew what you meant. Smile
FYI You can edit a post with the middle icon in the lower right (eraser) of a your posting.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put the first 100 rounds of 115gr Blazer Brass through my P365 (made on 7/12/2019) today, and had no mechanical issues of any kind. No primer drag either...took a pic of 5 spent rounds but am too lazy/tired to upload it presently.

Trigger is gritty, but getting better after lots of dry firing. Sights needed drifting, but other than that it seems fine. Perhaps SIG finally worked the kinks out?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update.
Got my 365 back from Sig in 8 days. I was shocked.
Paperwork says slide and extractor replaced.
Hope to get it out this weekend to run a few boxes thru it to function check.
Impressed with the turnaround time.

posted Hide Post
Update:
Put 100 rounds (50 Speer Lawman, 50 Blazer Brass) and no FTEs.
However.....

I am getting major brass to the face/head now. Extraction looks to be coming out at 5-6:00. Gonna call again on Monday

Also think I got my first "dead trigger" incident. Round discharged, gun cycled but nothing on the trigger pull back (no click). Hand cycled the round out and next round fired ok.

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Mine came back with, according to the paperwork, a whole new top end. We'll see how she shoots.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Mine came back with, according to the paperwork, a whole new top end. We'll see how she shoots.

I'm sure that SIG got her all squared away for you, though it's still a bummer that it crapped out on ya in the first place.

Did they mention anything about test firing it?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Imagine if everyone who owns one actually put more than 200 through theirs and was part of a forum to report their experiences. Just a guess using the sampling of this forum id venture to say its 25% or more.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I posted before but I ran 4 break in sessions of 200 rounds each because of all the problems I read about. No issues of any kind including the 2 extra 12 round mags. Well I did break two cheap mag loaders before I bough a Upula.

The ammo was Blazer, Federal, some unnamed surplus, WWB, Federal HST 147gr (which will be my carry), and Fiocchi. The only complaint I had was WWB was the least accurate.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Imagine if everyone who owns one actually put more than 200 through theirs and was part of a forum to report their experiences. Just a guess using the sampling of this forum id venture to say its 25% or more.

You're guessing that 25% would like their P365, or 25% would complain about their P365?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post