SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sigforum's pistol serial number list. Submit your classic P series
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum's pistol serial number list. Submit your classic P series Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Recently purchased a pre owned Sig Sauer P230, serial number : S 109549.-
I had contacted Sig Customer Service USA, and anwered they had not files predate 2005.-
I would appreciate if anyone knows the year of manufacture of this gun. Thanks in advance
By the way, there is NO two letters code.

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by URUGUAYO:
By the way, there is NO two letters code.
Interesting. It should be on the right side of the slide.

Posts: 87564 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, is what I learned Parabellum. On the right side of the slide, you only see the Eagle over a N letter....And have no signs of a reblued gun, that maybe has erase stamp letters..

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, with the depth those letters are struck (or rolled) onto the slide, it would have to be one Hell of a polishing job to remove the date stamp, and all other markings as well would be obliterated.

Got pics, by any chance?

"The world's in a bad way, my man,
And bound to be worse before it mends;
Better lie up in the mountain here
Four or five centuries,
While the stars go over the lonely ocean"
- Robinson Jeffers

Posts: 87564 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parabellum, Sended Pics to your PM. Hope this give light to find the date of manufacture. Thanks in advance¡¡

Picture of M@D-M@X
posted Hide Post
Had this since 2009 but just now is when I finally got around to verifying it's born on date.

Sig P226R Tactical, serial# 26DC12 XX made 06/09/2009 in Exeter, NH.
No proof marks..

Max

Disclaimer:
Any governmental agencies monitoring this thread should know, that I no longer own any weapons of any type. Any serial number of an autoloading rifle and or pistol linked to me is either in error of your filing system or has been sold in an untraceable, yet legal way

Posts: 84 | Location: S.FLA. | Registered: November 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 3 older SIGs

P220
-G118-8XX-JC-1982-45acp-InterArms Alexandria VA
West German with Euro heel mag release w/ lanyard loop, triple matching serial numbers, Kiel proof & Ulm (eagle-N) definitive nitro proof under chin, 2 7rd. mags, Interarms box, test target

P220
-G202-9XX-KC-1992-45acp-SIGArms Exeter NH
West German with std. mag release, triple matching serial numbers, Kiel proof & Ulm (eagle-N) definitive nitro proof under chin, Ulm (eagle-N) definitive nitro proof on rt. side of frame, SRT kit installed

P225
-M553-1XX-JG-1986-9mm-PW Arms Redmond WA
No country on slide (except PWArms Germany rollmark), with std. mag release, triple matching serial numbers, Kiel proof & Ulm (eagle-N) definitive nitro proof under chin, Ulm (eagle-N) definitive nitro proof on rt. side of frame, Swiss BernerProbe proof (BP) on rt. side of barrel, Canton of Solothurn coat of arms on top of slide

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased a P226 WestGerman triple s/n from 1993, Exeter import.
Has EAP. S/N U489 434 KD. Leo only magazines dates 1994.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 X-Five Allround of the first generation
U890-720-BC-2012-9mm produced in Eckernförde / Germany

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning BDA(Sig P220)S/N 345RR1786 HH 1977 9mm para

West German Sig P220, P6, P226

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post