SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on the M&P 2.0 - small upgrades
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on the M&P 2.0 - small upgrades Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I notice that the pistol Keely is selling has a thumb safety. What are your thoughts on that? I think on a striker fired pistol it may not be such a bad thing.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Not Ray, but a lot of guys, particularly guys coming from 1911s like it. My old friend Hilton Yam ran nothing but M&Ps when they came out and ran them with the manual safety. And did it REALLY well.

It's just another step on the draw stroke, not good or bad, just remove the safety on the draw.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
... I shot some bill drills toward the close of the session and had several good hits that were .14-.15 splits.

Can't wait to see what the compact holds......

This is embarrassing. I shot .90 splits on a steel plate rack with my 2.0 Compact and was ecstatic. Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Dude, nothing to be embarrassed by.

NOTHING.

Good shooting!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Maybe this is the one for you to comp and put a RMR on, eh Ray?

Oh man - maybe that new "Compus-Vaginus" compensator!!!!!!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I notice that the pistol Keely is selling has a thumb safety. What are your thoughts on that? I think on a striker fired pistol it may not be such a bad thing.

I've used them in the past, but at the time I was heavy into 1911's. If you ride them during shooting (like a 1911) they are good to go. I've seen some disengage it and place their thumb underneath it only to have it engaged during recoil.

Awhile back there was inconsistency in the thumb safety mechanism - some were good, some were not so good. I stopped using them awhile back, but it seems that S&W has made positive improvements and I'm sure they are good to go.

Like Jones said, as long as you manipulate it properly and ride it, should be no problem.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I am still warming up to mine, no range time yet but that will change today. Shooting both my new Glock 19.5 and my 2.0 compact. I am not feeling this trigger on the 2.0, the take up is gritty, long. I appreciate the crips, light break and short reset. I shall see how it performs but I am liking the Glock more at this point. My CZ P10C even more than both.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
jljones... did you ever try or will you try to warranty the barrel on your M2.0 4.25" since you said it started to lose accuracy at around the 8.5K mark? Or are you just going to replace it with a new one or after market barrel? That seems like a pretty low round count for it to have significantly lost accuracy.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post