SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on the M&P 2.0 - small upgrades
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on the M&P 2.0 - small upgrades Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
I have a 2.0 compact inbound.
I plan on a set of HD XR's for sure.

What have you guys done to your 2.0's?

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
100% on the HD XRs

I don't have one YET, but I was foundling two compacts and a full size today.

It needs some apex love, at least the duty/carry kit, I was disappointed with the stock trigger.

But that's about it, the 2.0 feels great, texture is perfect.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my second one today. I didn't think the triggers on mine were bad at all out of the box, but I am going to to put the Apex Tactical Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger Kits in mine as soon as they are available. Going to *try* and get some Ameriglo Bold sight for them. I ordered some extra 17 rd M&P mags today for $19.99 each and I should be getting the extra 15rd compact mags I ordered in around two weeks. I also ordered a Blackpoint Tactical leather winged OWB holster for it today. I already have some Raven Concealment's new, universal Pistol Magazine Carriers. I will pick up a few extra recoil spring assemblies for them also. Lube them with Geissele's oil and thin grease. They don't need anything else.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I just brought mine home today I've ordered some 17 round magazines and I'm waiting for the 15 rounders from Smith and Wesson
I was able to put about 200 rounds of various weight ammunition through it mostly full metal jacket some hollow point. Everything functioned perfectly and very easy recoil, of course it is 9 mm I personally don't mind the trigger I just need a different contrast color front sight.
I will have to look into a good outside waistband holster and will probably start to carry it. Even though I still favor my Glock's

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sounds like from most reviews the trigger still leaves something to be desired. I didn't care for the first generation, and I'm thinking I'll skip this one also.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Sounds like from most reviews the trigger still leaves something to be desired. I didn't care for the first generation, and I'm thinking I'll skip this one also.

I recommend before you write the pistol off, try one of the M&P 2.0 triggers at a gunshop in your area. IMHO, the 2.0 triggers in *my* two M&P compacts are much better than the 1.0 version. I could easily use mine as is, but I have the money, so I choose to install the Apex Kit in mine to improve not only the trigger shoe feel, but also to improve the other trigger characteristics, to make it even better for me. To be honest, I have two CZ P-10c pistols and while to me their *overall* trigger characteristics are better than the 2.0 pistols, they are not that far apart IMO.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, the triggers in my two new M&P 2.0 pistols are much improved compared to my old 1.0 pistols. Now if you want, you can make them better, just like you can by adding a Gray's Gun trigger to your Sig P320c, Wilson Combat fire control parts or action work to your Beretta 92, aftermarket trigger parts to your Glock pistols, etc. Once again, try the triggers on the new 2.0 M&P pistols yourself, I think most people will agree, out of the box, they are not a bad carry trigger. Also, the accuracy on my two new 2.0 M&P's are equal to my new Gen 5 G19 and my CZ P-10c pistols.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The trigger on the new 2.0. is *much* better than the original. Accuracy is WAY better. I had 6 original M&P's with and without Apex parts and have two 2.0 guns. Every handgun out there has an aftermarket trigger available, some need it more than others. Can it be improved more? Sure, but the 2.0 trigger is just as good as any factory Glock. Night sights are a must, trigger...well thats certainly optional

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I am really liking my new 2.0 9c I really think the stock trigger is comparable to my HK VP9. I have close to 400 rounds through it now and feel very confident that it will get even better.

If this is what S&W is doing they will really get a good share of the market.

Unless you've actually held and SHOT one of the 9c MP's you can not make any qualified remarks about it nor go by what keyboard commandos say if they haven't shot one.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of trigger time on the 1.0 M&P. They have made significant improvements to the platform and a stock 1.0 out of the box is pretty good.

My 2.0 Compact came in from Keely today. The trigger is good, better than the 1.0 with a pretty decent reset if you're into that kinda thing. (I don't shoot to feel the reset much these days)

I'm hoping to put some rounds through it Friday, but my initial impression are very positive and if this gun performs like other reports, I'll have ZERO use for my G19.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I am really liking my new 2.0 9c I really think the stock trigger is comparable to my HK VP9. I have close to 400 rounds through it now and feel very confident that it will get even better.

If this is what S&W is doing they will really get a good share of the market.

Unless you've actually held and SHOT one of the 9c MP's you can not make any qualified remarks about it nor go by what keyboard commandos say if they haven't shot one.

I am right there with you. S&W might just have emerged from their slumber and finally liistened to their customers. I have over 500 rounds on my 2.0 9c and am liking that trigger better with each pull. I have a 1.0 that I had to add an APEX to. I'll put an APEX on my 2.0 at some point, but just not today!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody running the apex trigger shoe, either polymer or aluminum on a 2.0. I can't make myself like the articulated stock trigger shoe.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is a pretty good price on the new S&W M&P compact. Shows they currently have one left in stock.

http://www.keelyarms.com/product_p/sw_11686.htm

posted Hide Post
I bought a 1.0 fs nine last year,a 2.0 earlier this year, and bought the 2.0 compact last week. This is the best one yet. Feels GREAT, trigger is very much to my liking for a carry gun,and while the 1.0 safeties were way too "mushy" for me, the safety on this compact is as positive as most of my 1911's. VERY nice bonus is the price!

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ll admit that I’ve already put an aluminum shoe Apex trigger in my 2.0 compact. I didn’t do it because the stock one was bad, I just don’t care for the hinged safety thing.. plus I have a hard time leaving well enough alone. Anyway, the Apex setup is phenomenal for a striker gun. Smoooooth uptake and a clean *snap* for a break. Reset is short and has solid click as well. Did this gun really need it, debatable.. as I said earlier I think it’s as good as any stock Glock trigger. The Apex kit just continues to make it sing.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
Mine has the complete Apex duty carry kit with aluminum trigger, XS Big Dots, sand paper to the grip texture to tone it down for carry, AIWB holster, carrying a full size mag with Taran +6 extension for a 23rd reload. Nice carbon fiber kydex for the time being while I wait for my Stealth gear Appendix carry holster.

This one is everything I wanted it to be. They really hit a home run with this gun in my opinion.

My PPQ M1 is up for sale, if that tells you anything.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I still love my 2.0 despite after about 8500 rounds I'm not getting the groups at distance I was did.

I got mine out yesterday and shot some drills in a warm up for MOAC, and I am still really impressed by the pistol. I shot some bill drills toward the close of the session and had several good hits that were .14-.15 splits.

Can't wait to see what the compact holds......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO, the new M&P 2.0 pistols accuracy is right up there with the other top tier pistols like the VP9,CZ P-10C, Sig p-320c, etc. But if have to have the best accuracy available for the pistol, I would look no further than Apex Tactical's gunsmith fit barrels.

https://youtu.be/sKz9QarKa80

Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
IMHO, the new M&P 2.0 pistols accuracy is right up there with the other top tier pistols like the VP9,CZ P-10C, Sig p-320c, etc. But if have to have the best accuracy available for the pistol, I would look no further than Apex Tactical's gunsmith fit barrels.

https://youtu.be/sKz9QarKa80

Good to hear, no doubt Apex is the best. Randy Lee fit a barrel to my M&P 9, it will probably shoot better groups than any custom 1911.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Bang, bang, Click

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Maybe this is the one for you to comp and put a RMR on, eh Ray?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post