SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 night sight choice?...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 night sight choice?... Login/Join 
posted
What are your P220 night sight mfg choice? Over the oem ...

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
My P220 (and P228) are topped with green Trijicon "Bright & Tough" night sites.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also... what’s the correct number front and rear sights for a P220?

Wasn’t sure if this guy is correct .. https://www.realgunreviews.com...ights-sight-numbers/

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been using the Trijicon HD XR, and really like them. However Gray Guns recently installed some Sig X-ray3 sights on a P938, and I am very impressed with them.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm an OEM fan and like the Siglite night sites. As far as size, 6/8 are correct for 45 and 8/8 for 9mm. I have tried Trijicon green sites and they were ok for me but I found I like the Siglites better as they are a little bigger.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I put the new Sig Xray3 sights (SOX10004) on mine. They are really nice sights, easy to acquire in a hurry. Did it myself easy couple adjustments and dead on #8/#8.
Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This past weekend I purchased a like-new P220 10mm Elite locally from a private seller, but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. It has the factory contrast #6 front sight and Sig adjustable rear. It will be an outdoor range and target pistol, and based on my experience with some of my other Sigs, the contrast front may actually work better for my planned needs. But, have started to look at options for night-sight or FO front.

I have a Dawson FO on my P320 FS, and for outdoor use it works fine. My P226 Extreme has been fitted with the X-ray3, and I prefer them over the factory Sig night sights. I may try the Trijicon XD sight on the P220, based on the positive reviews for them on this forum.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
This past weekend I purchased a like-new P220 10mm Elite locally from a private seller, but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. It has the factory contrast #6 front sight and Sig adjustable rear. It will be an outdoor range and target pistol, and based on my experience with some of my other Sigs, the contrast front may actually work better for my planned needs. But, have started to look at options for night-sight or FO front.

You will love this gun. I put a TFO from SIG for the front sight. The combination with the adjustable rear notch is just about perfect. Like Chris Anchor, I also started with SIG XRay3 sights (for my FS P320), but later swapped out the front for a TFO from Sig. It is a fantastic tritium sight with extra light in daytime around the tritium dot for easy pickup.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Henryaz, thanks for the suggestion regarding the Sig TFO. I want to shoot the pistol a little to confirm that the front is the correct height for my planned loads, even with the adjustable rear. But, will likely try the TFO when the time comes.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
I'm an OEM fan and like the Siglite night sites. As far as size, 6/8 are correct for 45 and 8/8 for 9mm. I have tried Trijicon green sites and they were ok for me but I found I like the Siglites better as they are a little bigger.

OEM for when in time though...Trijicon were the original Slights then Meprolight and now X-ray...

Good luck with your choice

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I am getting pretty long in the tooth and struggle with seeing the sights. The Trijicon HD sights improved things for me and I have put them on most of my Sigs. Except the P226 Legion which came with Sig's version of HD's.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post