New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Burke Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Do y’all not know an FFL that can ship for you? It costs us less than $20 to ship a handgun most anywhere in the cont. USA

Yes, if an FFL works for free and uses the post office. Not to mention the pistol has to be shipped back to your FFL.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, if an FFL works for free and uses the post office.

Considering that any handgun is required by law to ship with 1st or 2nd day delivery, $20 doesn't come close to covering the actual carrier shipping cost (not including any dealer fees or markup), even through the post office. A 2 lb boxed parcel (say a polymer framed gun like a Glock) shipped Priority Express (next-day, since regular Priority 2-3 day can't guarantee 2nd day delivery) comes to over $40 usually. We regularly use FedEx 2-day AM, which would be about $50 for that same package.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

Considering that any handgun is required by law to ship with 1st or 2nd day delivery, $20 doesn't come close to covering the actual carrier shipping cost (not including any dealer fees or markup), even through the post office. A 2 lb boxed parcel (say a polymer framed gun like a Glock) shipped Priority Express (next-day, since regular Priority 2-3 day can't guarantee 2nd day delivery) comes to over $40 usually. We regularly use FedEx 2-day AM, which would be about $50 for that same package.

Law or company policy?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mustang-PaPa,

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Do y’all not know an FFL that can ship for you? It costs us less than $20 to ship a handgun most anywhere in the cont. USA

That’s what it costs me. Find an independent FFL in your area and have him/her ship it.

Robert has done all my semi-auto pistols. A set of HK P30/P30sk’s, and a set of Beretta PX4’s (full/comp/sub), excellent work on all and significant improvements from stock. And in the case of the PX4’s, no aftermarket parts necessary.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I was unaware that there is a law requiring 1 or 2 day shipping. It was my understanding that FEDEX and UPS instituted this as company policy due to employee thefts of handguns?

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
I was unaware that there is a law requiring 1 or 2 day shipping. It was my understanding that FEDEX and UPS instituted this as company policy due to employee thefts of handguns?

Yep!

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
Robert does fantastic work. Worked on my X5, P226 and as well as P210A. Great results !

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:

Yep!

Yep. Companies' policies, not federal law.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is no law requiring 1st or 2nd day delivery.

Handguns:

FFL to FFL- Priority mail is not an issue as long as all USPS rules are followed.

FedEx- Priority Overnight with signature. This is FedEx company policy unless your account specifically allows for standard overnight or 2nd day (many manufactures are set up on 2nd day) I hope your outfit is authorized by FedEx to ship 2nd day.

UPS- Any next day air service with signature. Unless your account specifically allows 2nd day shipments.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
mr burke worked on a 228 for me.The sig 228 had the nicest smoothest action of any gun i have handled.Smooth,and tight.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
He's the man for SIG action work. Not only exceptional work, but fast turn around time, too.

Given your experience and expertise on anything SIG and with Mr. Burke's work ... I would very much appreciate your opinion/advice.

I am interested in the QTR Trigger system for my P220. Would you recommend the Carry Level Trigger Job or the Carry Level Action Job to go with it? I guess what I am wondering is if the extra $50 is worth it? The P220 I would do the QTR on is already amazingly accurate and has been 100% reliable in the thousand or so rounds I have ran through it since I bought it in 2003.

Lastly, I like the trigger on my P220 as far as how it feels (much like the one on my older BDA). Will the QTR change/replace my current trigger? Thanks!!!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

is required by law

Show me please.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R K9 J:
quote:
He's the man for SIG action work. Not only exceptional work, but fast turn around time, too.

Given your experience and expertise on anything SIG and with Mr. Burke's work ... I would very much appreciate your opinion/advice.

I am interested in the QTR Trigger system for my P220. Would you recommend the Carry Level Trigger Job or the Carry Level Action Job to go with it? I guess what I am wondering is if the extra $50 is worth it? The P220 I would do the QTR on is already amazingly accurate and has been 100% reliable in the thousand or so rounds I have ran through it since I bought it in 2003.

Lastly, I like the trigger on my P220 as far as how it feels (much like the one on my older BDA). Will the QTR change/replace my current trigger? Thanks!!!

I’ll add to what 12131 will likely say. I have the Carry Action work and the QTR trigger on my used P224. It’s like daylight and dark difference. It was worth every penny. Robert does excellent work.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
He's the best

X-Carry (ACRO & DPP slides), X5 x2 (w/ DPPs, gas pedals, Springer guide rods)

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
He's done a half dozen guns for me. Super results and super fast turnaround.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
quote:
quote:

I’ll add to what 12131 will likely say. I have the Carry Action work and the QTR trigger on my used P224. It’s like daylight and dark difference. It was worth every penny. Robert does excellent work.

I'll try to expand a little. Sorry for the late response.
I only had the Carry Level Action + QTR and the Competition Level Action + QTR done. So, I cannot say much about the Carry Level Trigger job, except to mention what's stated on Robert's website. DA is lowered to ~ 8 lbs and SA to no lower than 3.5 lbs. "Factory values of springing, take-up, creep, overtravel, and reset are kept intact.". So, if you only care about the reduction in trigger pull weights and not the creep, or if your gun is already creepless or has a minimal amount of creep, then might just get the trigger job. But, if your gun is creepy (or gritty), then definitely go with the Carry Level Action job. The man is a SIG artist. Nothing else needs to be said.

Now, you talk about the QTR. If you don't care for your SIG's long reset and really want as short of a reset as possible, then definitely get the QTR, not the factory SRT. QTR has a shorter reset. And, the QTR, like the SRT, is a reset system. It does nothing that affects the physical trigger itself. It does not replace your trigger.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He worked on my 239. Fast turn around and superb work. And a really nice guy to deal with. I highly recommend.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
If your FFL ships, I believe you have to transfer in and out to follow the law?
So, $20 shipping plus $30X2 $60 = $80.00
Or you can ship it FEDEX for about the same.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thank you!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll try to expand a little. Sorry for the late response.
I only had the Carry Level Action + QTR and the Competition Level Action + QTR done. So, I cannot say much about the Carry Level Trigger job, except to mention what's stated on Robert's website. DA is lowered to ~ 8 lbs and SA to no lower than 3.5 lbs. "Factory values of springing, take-up, creep, overtravel, and reset are kept intact.". So, if you only care about the reduction in trigger pull weights and not the creep, or if your gun is already creepless or has a minimal amount of creep, then might just get the trigger job. But, if your gun is creepy (or gritty), then definitely go with the Carry Level Action job. The man is a SIG artist. Nothing else needs to be said.

Now, you talk about the QTR. If you don't care for your SIG's long reset and really want as short of a reset as possible, then definitely get the QTR, not the factory SRT. QTR has a shorter reset. And, the QTR, like the SRT, is a reset system. It does nothing that affects the physical trigger itself. It does not replace your trigger.

Excellent information. Thank you!!