SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Other variants to come?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Other variants to come? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tackelbarry:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The G43 was Glocks's single stack version of the G26. In fact, that's all it is; a single stack G26. Because of the commonality in design in the Glocks, The subcompact frame handles the 9mm, .40, and .357 Sig with a barrel change and different magazine; all fit. The G26 is the double stack G43; the G43 is nothing more than a single stack G26.

The P365 is smaller than the G43 and the G26. To go any smaller than the G43, you'd need a G42 and a move to the .380 cartridge. The concept in the subcompact glocks is very different than where Sig went with the P365; enough so with Sig that the design is a clean-sheet, and Sig designed the magazine first, and then built the pistol around the mag, to produce the results.

Glock did try their own version. It's the G43, and has proven incredibly popular.

You are missing my point. If Sig can build the 365 then Glock should be able to build the same size pistol with 12+ round capacity. That’s why every gun manufacturer has their own group of engineers. But thank you for all of your insights.

Glock is too married to the plastic mag body to get close to the 365 size. I dont foresee anything like this from Glock.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
quote:
The G43 was Glocks's single stack version of the G26. In fact, that's all it is; a single stack G26. Because of the commonality in design in the Glocks, The subcompact frame handles the 9mm, .40, and .357 Sig with a barrel change and different magazine; all fit. The G26 is the double stack G43; the G43 is nothing more than a single stack G26.

The P365 is smaller than the G43 and the G26. To go any smaller than the G43, you'd need a G42 and a move to the .380 cartridge. The concept in the subcompact glocks is very different than where Sig went with the P365; enough so with Sig that the design is a clean-sheet, and Sig designed the magazine first, and then built the pistol around the mag, to produce the results.

Glock did try their own version. It's the G43, and has proven incredibly popular.

You are missing my point. If Sig can build the 365 then Glock should be able to build the same size pistol with 12+ round capacity. That’s why every gun manufacturer has their own group of engineers. But thank you for all of your insights.

Glock is too married to the plastic mag body to get close to the 365 size. I dont foresee anything like this from Glock.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Having dealt with corporate Glock on a project, at least at the time, Glock USA was run and took final orders and approval from Glock Austria. Being fond of Glocks I was just responding to the threads question.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my p365 especially for summer carry in FL. A thin glock 26 size pistol with 15 rounds would be nice for winter here.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winter..... here????? Lol

Posts: 23 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have the 19, 43, 27, and 23. The only one that is dimensionally close in size is the 43 with a (6) round mag. The Glock 26 is: 18% wider, 8.6% longer, 12.9% longer barrel, and 21.9% heavier. What Glock do you have that is the same size as the 365 and also holds 12+1 ?

Oh. A dick measure contest. Didn't realize.

I have a lot of Glocks...pretty much ALL of them. In multiples...which really doesn't matter much. I've never measured them by percentages and can't say I've ever picked one up or the other to kibbitz about a percentage of weight, length, width, or height.

The subcompact glocks pocket carry well, and ankle carry well, which is how I've typically carried them.

For the past few weeks, I've been carrying a P365 in the pocket, and a G43 off body in a satchel. Both in the same model DeSantis pocket holster.

The G33 is just as easy to carry (or G26, if you're stuck on 9X19) in a pocket. It uses the same pocket holster, in fact. With or without the magazine pinkie extension. The advantage is that a G26 can be fed from a G17 magazine, allowing a reload with 17 rounds (or more, if one wishes to carry a bigger magazine).

The P365 stays the most compact so long as it's got a 10 round magazine in place. With the 12 round magazine, some of the grip length advantage in the pocket is lost.

It really doesn't matter much who has what or carries what, other than some experience with the particular firearm makes one a bit better informed for preference...and that's quite subjective.

I don't forsee Glock investing in a pistol platform that's half-way between the G43 and G26, or that's more compact than the G43 while maintaining the same cartridge (go G42 if you want more compact); the G43 is already wildly popular and a best seller. The G26 continues to sell very well.

The P320 issn't too fat a pistol. I have it in subcompact, compact, and full size frames; the subcompact is about the same as a G26 (unless you're measuring percentages, in which case I don't know and don't care). It carries about the same. Nice trigger, same reliability. A compact P320 is about the same size as a G19, great inside the waistband.

At this stage, I like the P365, but it's really far too early to say much about its reliability. My G43 has proven very reliable; I'll look to the P365 with the same confidence when I have a few thousand rounds through it, and tens of thousands of others do too. Presently, it falls into the same category of pocket pistol as other subcompacts; it's just another option for the ubiquitous pocket revolver. Same general size, same type of carry, similar weight, a few more rounds.

There really isn't a massive difference in subcompacts. Minor differences, yes, but so long as it's reliable and fits where it's needed (pocket, etc), a few percentages in this or that don't mean much.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have the 19, 43, 27, and 23. The only one that is dimensionally close in size is the 43 with a (6) round mag. The Glock 26 is: 18% wider, 8.6% longer, 12.9% longer barrel, and 21.9% heavier. What Glock do you have that is the same size as the 365 and also holds 12+1 ?

Oh. A dick measure contest. Didn't realize.

I have a lot of Glocks...pretty much ALL of them. In multiples...which really doesn't matter much. I've never measured them by percentages and can't say I've ever picked one up or the other to kibbitz about a percentage of weight, length, width, or height.

The subcompact glocks pocket carry well, and ankle carry well, which is how I've typically carried them.

For the past few weeks, I've been carrying a P365 in the pocket, and a G43 off body in a satchel. Both in the same model DeSantis pocket holster.

The G33 is just as easy to carry (or G26, if you're stuck on 9X19) in a pocket. It uses the same pocket holster, in fact. With or without the magazine pinkie extension. The advantage is that a G26 can be fed from a G17 magazine, allowing a reload with 17 rounds (or more, if one wishes to carry a bigger magazine).

The P365 stays the most compact so long as it's got a 10 round magazine in place. With the 12 round magazine, some of the grip length advantage in the pocket is lost.

It really doesn't matter much who has what or carries what, other than some experience with the particular firearm makes one a bit better informed for preference...and that's quite subjective.

I don't forsee Glock investing in a pistol platform that's half-way between the G43 and G26, or that's more compact than the G43 while maintaining the same cartridge (go G42 if you want more compact); the G43 is already wildly popular and a best seller. The G26 continues to sell very well.

The P320 issn't too fat a pistol. I have it in subcompact, compact, and full size frames; the subcompact is about the same as a G26 (unless you're measuring percentages, in which case I don't know and don't care). It carries about the same. Nice trigger, same reliability. A compact P320 is about the same size as a G19, great inside the waistband.

At this stage, I like the P365, but it's really far too early to say much about its reliability. My G43 has proven very reliable; I'll look to the P365 with the same confidence when I have a few thousand rounds through it, and tens of thousands of others do too. Presently, it falls into the same category of pocket pistol as other subcompacts; it's just another option for the ubiquitous pocket revolver. Same general size, same type of carry, similar weight, a few more rounds.

There really isn't a massive difference in subcompacts. Minor differences, yes, but so long as it's reliable and fits where it's needed (pocket, etc), a few percentages in this or that don't mean much.

In my original post, I was responding to a simple question to a thread. I didn’t respond to you or even know you were a member of the forum. Apparently, we have different views. Have a nice night.

Scott Jens
C.H.P.D. (ret.)
Check Six Training LLC
www.chksixtraining.com

Posts: 38 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Like I said, guppy is in a small club.

That he thinks his opinion is fact everyone should agree is odd, but what the heck, it’s the internet. I will cover a sizable bet that Glock (and others) makes a direct competitor to the 365. To ignore something like the 365 would be detrimental imo.

I’m 6’1” 200 lbs with about 11% body fat.

I couldn’t pocket carry a 365! My clothes aren’t big enough. Big guys are like, I can conceal a G17 with a TLR-1 and a TiRant 9, why can’t you?

Uuuuuuum, cause i don’t have a big ass belly and love handles to hide it and because I don’t have lard on my hips to cushion that hunk of metal. Razz

Bodies come in all shapes and sizes, so what works for one won’t for another. Gun makers have been chasing this fact with the explosion of the CCW market and I venture to guess they will continue to chase it for many years to come.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would really love a G19-sized P365, but really that would just be a thinner P320 Compact, and I don't know that Sig would want to cannibalize sales from the P320, which I also love.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madcap_Magician:
I would really love a G19-sized P365, but really that would just be a thinner P320 Compact, and I don't know that Sig would want to cannibalize sales from the P320, which I also love.

If they don’t, someone else will. 1” double stacks will cannibalize fatter gun sales no matter what. They might as well sell them a thinner Sig than let us buy thinner Glocks and M&P’s with 4” barrels and 5” height.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I would love to see it in .380. My Dad and my boss are recoil-sensitive.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post