SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92 Centennial "Combat"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92 Centennial "Combat" Login/Join 
posted
I've been after a Beretta Combat for a while now. Just haven't found the right one yet. Recently was working on a deal for a NIB example, but for some reason, just didn't continue. But I really wanted a Combat that I could shoot, so not really NIB example anyways (though I wouldn't pass one up!)

Lucky enough to pick up a couple Centennial models a couple years ago when they were getting sold fairly "cheap", so finally decided to go forward with building one.

92 Centennial w/Combat conversion done by a expert over at Beretta Forum. Including barrel crown.

Planning on shooting it this weekend, and sending it over to CCR for them refinish the slide and barrel weight, hoping to match the slide a bit closer.

Trigger has a nice clean break, but is remarkably heavy. I'll send it off somewhere for a trigger job one of these days. And still need to get the correct grip screws for it.

Still on the lookout for a real Combat, but this one will work for now!

Oh, and my other shooter. 40th Birthday gift from the wife. No heavy trigger on this one!

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it as is. If you get it refinished, it might/could cover the markings on that slide. I think it looks good as you have it.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I had AAGW work over the trigger on my first Centennial and Wilson do the second. Josh for the win! Of course LTT is an option too as well.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I had AAGW work over the trigger on my first Centennial and Wilson do the second. Josh for the win! Of course LTT is an option too as well.

Good feedback, I think I’ll go w/Josh for this one.

Any idea if that LTT trigger in a bag works with the SAO guns?

quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I like it as is. If you get it refinished, it might/could cover the markings on that slide. I think it looks good as you have it.

Thanks. Don’t plan on touching the slide, just the barrel and barrel weight.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
You'd make it DA/SA by swapping the LTT kit in (DA/SA sear, hammer and trigger are in the bag)

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
My preference would be to keep it single action, for whatever that’s worth.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
That looks great! I am always on the hunt for a 92 Combat as it’s my ultimate grail gun, though I don’t want to spend $4K for one so I keep looking. Funny thing I’ve seen those Centennials go lower over the last year or so, sometimes even just around $2K, but for some reason my LGS still has theirs for $3700, and they wonder why it sits.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I can only say its a 92. They are great guns, but compared to everything else I shoot, has to have the heaviest trigger pull. I swear my shotgun has a lighter pump pull than the 92 trigger pull

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet looking Beretta

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post