SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Range Report Vermont ----- FINALLY!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Range Report Vermont ----- FINALLY!! Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
Finally made it out to the range with my P365. Went through a total of 220 rounds this trip.

1. Build date 6/19/2018
2. Cleaned then lubed with Slide Glide
3. Ran 70 rounds of miscellaneous 9mm initially
4. Then ran 50 rounds each of Lawman 124gr ball, 50 rounds Winchester 115gr ball (service grade, flat nose) and 50 rounds Federal 115gr ball.
5. I had four 12 round magazines, and two 10 round magazine, one flush and the other with the pinky grip.

The miscellaneous rounds included 17 rounds of Hornady hollow points, 13 founds FC hollow points, 6 rounds Speer hollow points, 3 rounds R-P ball, 3 rounds WIN ball, 28 rounds PMC ball.

I had 1 fail to return to battery with the FC, 2 with the Speer, 2 with the R-P. All of these were early on and, I'm confident, had to do with my hold. I had one light primer strike/failure to fire, with the Speer.

However, as I became used to the gun I had no failures with any mags for another 150 rounds.

The gun was warm to the touch on the front of the slide, but no warmer than the P320 Carry I also brought after 50 rounds. All the mags were 100%. They were all difficult to load with the last two to three rounds and I used a Maglula loader.

I was shooting at 25ft on paper plates. The gun was very accurate even at that distance. I'm confident the failures were my fault and not the gun.

I did experience primer drag on most or all of the brass I was able to find. Although it didn't seem that significant in many cases and few with none, or next to none. All brass went to my right to about 4:00 o'clock and about four or five feet away. Although due to the roof of the shelter some was deflected depending where I was standing. No brass markings forward of the ejection port.

I'm not generally a fan of subcompact pistols, but I really like this gun and enjoyed shooting it. I expect I'll come to love it if things continue as they were today.

Some people have documented drag lines on the magazines which they contend is due to the trigger bar spring extending into the magazine well. Although the mags are not unmarked, they do not evidence the drag lines. Here are images of all six magazines.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
After reading another thread on another forum, I examined the followers in the magazines I used. They are a little chewed up.

All of them, whether 12 round or 10 round are showing the same pattern. I expect it will subside and is probably due to how tight the rounds are. Although I don't recall seeing this with any other magazines for any other SIGs I've owned.

Perhaps for other guns that have equally tight springs it would be the same.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great report and pics, thank you!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
So I found a couple of 365 locally and they are both priced at 499. Are they worth getting now or should I wait for Gen X? I'm in no hurry to get another EDC, I carry my G19 daily with no complaint.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
So I found a couple of 365 locally and they are both priced at 499. Are they worth getting now or should I wait for Gen X? I'm in no hurry to get another EDC, I carry my G19 daily with no complaint.

If you are in no hurry, they will still be made for some time to come.

If deep down you really want one NOW, I wouldn't worry about the internet reports. If by some small chance you picked one up and there was an issue, SIG will make it right.

I have a "gen 2", a little under #3000, 650 rounds through it without any issues from the pistol. I liked it so much that my wife is trying to lay claim to it so I had to purchase a second.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:

I also would not necessarily wait if you really want one. Mine was built, as I mentioned, on June 19, 2018. I expect all the changes have been incorporated by now. At least any that have been documented to this point.

I really don't buy the Gen this, Gen that thing. SIG is making changes to correct issues that have occurred. Those changes are rolling changes and not every pistol without the changes has issues.

The internet reports are anecdotes, individual reports by individuals regarding individual guns. You cannot draw valid, evidence based conclusions regarding an entire lot of guns (upward of 65K shipped by now) based on these anecdotes.

Did their guns have an issue, yes, for sure? Was that issue resolved if they sent the gun in, yes with only one exception I've heard of? I'm confident SIG will make a gun right if there is an issue. Some people choose to sell the guns because they now don't trust them or don't trust SIG to fix them. That is their prerogative.

In short, I would not let it prevent you from buying one.

posted Hide Post
Great news.
I've been hesitant to buy one myself until the bugs got worked out.
Going to start looking for a recent build date.
Thanks for the report.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen a single one locally and when I inquire about them The merchants always look at me like I have two heads

When the time is right I will eventually buy one I'm sure but for right now my Sigg 938 and 238 really serve the purpose well

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post