SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    An article about the SIG P210A that I hadn’t seen previously
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An article about the SIG P210A that I hadn’t seen previously Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
An article about the SIG P210A that I hadn’t seen previously:

https://www.personaldefensewor...-p210-target-pistol/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Interesting history lesson. Thanks!

Called around a bit the other day. Lookin' like if I want one of these it's gonna be an on-line purchase w/o ever having even fondled one.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Last year I found a good online deal on a new 210A Tgt and jumped on it sight unseen.
Out of the box it was perfect.
Trigger, fit/finish was excellent and the sights were dead-on.
Even in my old hands and fuzzy eyes, I could see it was an extremely accurate pistol, well worth its' reputation and price.

I have a Sig/German Mastershop X5L1 and the American 210 is every bit it's equal in performance.
I'm looking forward to enjoying it, and wish I had more range time for both superb handguns.
But I know if the X5L1 ever needs any work, it may be a major problem to get parts....which is why the 210 is now getting my range time.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Too bad SIG has put the P210A in the back burner, because I don't see the Supertarget of the Carry version anywhere on the horizon.

Q

Posts: 26348 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drshame:
Last year I found a good online deal on a new 210A Tgt and jumped on it sight unseen.
Out of the box it was perfect.
Trigger, fit/finish was excellent and the sights were dead-on.
Even in my old hands and fuzzy eyes, I could see it was an extremely accurate pistol, well worth its' reputation and price.

Oh, I've little doubt that, should the funds become available, I'll probably take the chance. Other than a single SF member having a problem with the trigger bar on his, I have yet to have seen a single negative comment about the P210A other than the grips being a bit too big for some--and that would suit me well, as I have big hands Smile.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Too bad SIG has put the P210A in the back burner, because I don't see the Supertarget of the Carry version anywhere on the horizon.

That’s my feeling too but I talked to a shop yesterday and he gave me hope. He said he sells every one he gets but it his words that was maybe four annually.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
... I talked to a shop yesterday and he gave me hope. He said he sells every one he gets but it his words that was maybe four annually.

That's my problem. As I noted, above: Called around the other day, looking for one. I'm not a "fondle it at the LGS and buy it on-line" guy. If I take your time to show it to me, odds are I'll buy it from you. If I see your price is too high, I won't even bother you in the first place.

Found only two of the five most likely LGS' to have ever had one in stock. The one offered to put me on a waiting list. (I declined. They will undoubtedly want MSRP.) The other had had one, and hadn't seen another, since. "So if I see it on Gunbroker, buy it?" I asked. "I would," he replied. (My favourite LGS for a reason.)

Kinda hard to buy something that's never in stock anywhere, no matter how interested one may be Frown

I don't have the money, yet. Don't even know for sure I will have. But all indications are that, when I do, and should I decide to pursue it, I'll have to buy on-line.

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Yeah I’m waiting for the standard to come out. I called Sig though and they said they are still planning on releasing 3 more versions. They could not confirm when though.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic, that's the way it was with me. W/O ever having had the opportunity to handle one, I bought a 210A online. The vast majority of positive owner reports are consistent with my own experience with the 210A. Precisely fitted,accurate and reliable, with a clean breaking ~3 1/2# trigger. But nothing made by man is perfect, and a few 210A owners have experienced problems with their new guns. Hopefully SIG has, or will, promptly correct any issues. Problems can arise with any gun, and years ago I even returned a new Swiss P210, and later a German one, for warranty work. In any case, at this point I think potential buyers can order a 210A and be pretty confident they will receive a pistol that will perform as advertised.......

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
ensigmatic, that's the way it was with me. W/O ever having had the opportunity to handle one, I bought a 210A online. The vast majority of positive owner reports are consistent with my own experience with the 210A. Precisely fitted,accurate and reliable, with a clean breaking ~3 1/2# trigger. But nothing made by man is perfect, and a few 210A owners have experienced problems with their new guns.

One presumes that, particularly for such an expensive firearm, Sig addressed them promptly and competently?

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic, yes, SIG promptly corrected the issues.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m tickled with mine, bought without ever handling one. As a gunsmith I’ve only run across a few guns that I wouldn’t change a thing about, but this is one. Other than I’d like a small thumb rest on the grip? But I see why they made it ambidextrous. I’ll put the thumb rest on mine. I looked around for a couple weeks and finally saw tombstone tactical had some. Called and sure enough he had 4 of em 1449 shipped. Had never done bus with them, but they shipped quickly fedex. Can’t imagine anyone being disappointed with one of these. Worked up a light load mine likes and having a blast with it. Will shoot a bullseye match in 10 days with it. Go for it.

“It's never too late to have a happy childhood.”
― Tom Robbins

Posts: 20 | Location: N. FL | Registered: January 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brayhaven:
Go for it.

Looks like I'm going to have to finances to do it. Now I just have to decide if I really want to spend $1,550 (with taxes and FFL fee) on a handgun

Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Go for it.

Looks like I'm going to have to finances to do it. Now I just have to decide if I really want to spend $1,550 (with taxes and FFL fee) on a handgun

If you shop around online, you should be able to get it for less than $1550.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Go for it.

If you shop around online, you should be able to get it for less than $1550.

That's at $1,449 + 6% Michigan sales tax + $25 transfer fee at my end. $1,560.94, to be exact.

If I truly decide to do this, I'll call around one last time to all the local Likely Suspects before ordering on-line. At least save the $25 FFL fee Razz