SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig C3 1911 in 45?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig C3 1911 in 45? Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it? I've known about them though they never really intrigued me until I saw some reviews on them and now I kinda wanna try one.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I have had no issues with my C3 through several hundred rounds of various manufacturers 230gr ball and Federal HST self defense ammo.

Accurate, trigger is okay, fun to shoot.

I did change out the factory magazine release button for a shorter one due to my grip. Kept unintentionally dropping magazines but, that was on me not the C3.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had one for quite awhile and it has been 100% reliable, it is a great ccw weapon. Mine is the C3 plus with the factory magwell but it still conceals easily.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a C3. I like CCO pattern 1911's. The C3 is well executed. The trigger is excellent, fit and finish very good.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Good to know guys. It seems like it has a lot more positive than negative so I'm gonna try and find one to hold at least.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also had a C3 and didn't have any issues at all. It fired various manufactures of cartridges with complete reliability and accuracy. I THOUGHT I wanted a regular Commander sized pistol and sold the C3. NOW I realize for CCW, I should have just stuck with the C3. Nothing wrong with the regular sized Commander, but the C3 was an easier carry.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I had my gunsmith replace the trigger with a short one and smooth it out to a 4# pull and it is one of the most accurate pistols I've ever owned. I don't see me ever selling it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We have several customers who happily own the gun, and at least two who did and who now regret selling it. The ones who bought them when it came with the Crimson Trace laser are genuinely pleased with that whole package; that was a killer of a deal during the too brief time that it was offered. We still get occasional requests from persons after that setup. Always disappointed when we have to inform them that SIG dropped that configuration long ago.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
oij[po
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
We have several customers who happily own the gun, and at least two who did and who now regret selling it. The ones who bought them when it came with the Crimson Trace laser are genuinely pleased with that whole package; that was a killer of a deal during the too brief time that it was offered. We still get occasional requests from persons after that setup. Always disappointed when we have to inform them that SIG dropped that configuration long ago.

I was a fortunate purchaser of one with the laser grip. Great gun. Good trigger and excellent balance. Fun to shoot. Absolutely no problems.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the equivalent, I think...Sig's 1911 RCS: alloy frame, Officer's Model grips length, 4" target grade barrel etc. It's my #1 choice for carry when clothing choices allow. It's smaller than a Commander size gun (1/4" in height and length), and just a bit lighter. I've got over 2000 rounds through mine, mostly 200 gr SWC's at 800 fps, but even with full house, duty/self defense loads, it's very comfortable and controlable. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post