SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 XCOMPACT Announced
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 XCOMPACT Announced Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Pic was helpful too!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
That might be the gun that gets me to finally buy a 320. They have a nice feature set there imo.

This may be the gun that gets me to reconsider the 320. Likely when I get my mitts on one.
Never thought I'd say that to be honest, but yea the features/size are to my liking,

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the SIG website, the XCompact is now shipping. Two weeks ago I called to check; was told they were aiming for mid-April deliveries.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These popped up as available to me from a distributor today, but they were gone quick. Hoping to get some in soon.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I was able to fondle the display model that was hanging in the pro shop at Sig Academy while I was there this past weekend. I was considering one myself. I’m impressed with both its balance and the mods to the grip. it’s balance and feel was reminiscent of my Beretta APX Centurion..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CQB60,

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Rogue posted, I want to know if my standard P320 mags will fit. Or will I need to buy X compatible mag bases?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks like $680 is the going rate at the moment.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled a P320 XCompact today.

The standard magazine fit fine. On my X-carry frames that use the 17 round magazines, I have to grind the dog ears off the magazines to fit, but the magazines with the X-Compact had dog ears and fit fine, ejected fine.

The optic base extends under the rear sights,such that the rear signs simply come off with the plate, if an optic is used.

The grip length felt the same as my P320 compact, the slide length being the same as my p320 subcompact. It felt well balanced. The pistol came with x-ray sights, square rear notch, subdued rear sights, tritium but otherwise very plain, and the rear sight assembly looks considerably larger.

The pistol comes with a straight trigger, which felt about like a curved trigger in dry fire. I didn't have an opportunity to shoot it.

Overall, I liked it, insofar as all I did was handle the pistol. I'd like to pick up a couple of x-compact frames to throw on P320 compacts and try them out. I'm using x-carry frames on a full size and compact, and like it quite a bit. I think the x-compact frame would be outstanding on the compact slide.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Thank you for confirming that the the P320 mags will work. I have invested in a bunch of mags for my compact and it would've not been worth it to upgrade to the new grip.

I'm definitely going to get a grip module and give it a try once they become available.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit more awake after a very long trip yesterday, and thinking back on that xcompact. The magazines I tried came with the firearm, and I'll take back what I said yesterday; I *think* it was a standard mag, and I believe I did check for a square peg in the baseplate.

Now that I think about it, the upgraded mags for the x-frames do have dog-ears, but flattened ones, whereas the round-peg mag bases have convex dog ears. I think these had the flattened dog ears, so it probably is true that the xcompact grip will require newer mags, or modification of the baseplates.

That said, I modified a number of my 17 round full size mags for the x-carry grip, simply by removing the baseplate and grinding off the dog ears. They're just as stable, just as secure; it doesn't appear to have had any negative impact on the magazine. It may be that I haven't dropped a loaded one on concrete yet, but don't plan to. I haven't had any problems that way, so it's perhaps a matter of whether it's worth the time to mod any magazines.

Yesterday I thought I'd verified that the standard mags were used, but looking back, yesterday seems in a bit of a fog...so I'll qualify that by saying *maybe.*

Sorry.

posted Hide Post
Well, here is my take on the magazine issue:
Among others, I have a p320c, p320 X-carry, an M17Brvo, all in 9mm. As of yesterday, the 3rd of April, I now own a 320XCompact.
The XCarry mag fit and work with the M17 and vis versa. The 320C mags work with the XCompact, and vis versa. The longer XCarry mags work with the XCarry and the 320C but not vis versa since they are too short to fit the XCarry and the M17.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem is that not all the mags fit. Later mags with the square peg through the baseplate fit fine; they have flat dog-ears that fit the x-grips, but the thicker, more rounded dog ears don't fit, which is why you either need to grind down older mag baseplate dog ears, or get more recent mags.

The logo on the bottom of the mag is also an indication.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The problem is that not all the mags fit. Later mags with the square peg through the baseplate fit fine; they have flat dog-ears that fit the x-grips, but the thicker, more rounded dog ears don't fit, which is why you either need to grind down older mag baseplate dog ears, or get more recent mags.

While that's true of the Full Size and Carry X-Grips, we don't yet know if that's an issue with the X-Compact grip.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd verified that after handling them, but it wasn't my main mission that day; I noted the dog ear tabs and checked the fit and rattle, but I believe that the tabs were flat or tapered, like the square base "gen II" mags that presently fit the x-carry. A string of family emergencies has precluded the chance I'd hoped to spend a bit more time.

Perhaps fquico could take a picture of his mags that he's running in his xcompact.

posted Hide Post
Guns are apparently shipping. Grabagun had them for 564!

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sns3guppy, I stand corrected...you are correct. the old P320C mag does not fit the P320 XCompact. It is the Dog Ear problem.
The P320 XCompact Mag, however, does fit the older P320C.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Damnit.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was afraid of that.

posted Hide Post
I purchased one at The gun Dock. $636 I just checked at grabagun they were $747.99.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it says "grab a quote" they email it to you.
Price dropped 183.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post