SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 XCOMPACT Announced
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 XCOMPACT Announced Login/Join 
posted
Sig has announced a P320 XCOMPACT. Link

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I'll be picking up an X-Compact grip module for my P320, which currently sports an X-Carry. The X-series grip modules are a massive improvement over the standard grip modules.

I just hope they're compatible with the standard P320 Compact magazines, so you don't end up having to swap out baseplates on older mags, like with the other X-Series grips.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
How is it different than the X-Carry?

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
How is it different than the X-Carry?

Shorter barrel (3.6" vs 3.9 for X-Carry)

Not as tall (5.3" high vs 5.5 for X-Carry)

Uses 15rd mags vs 17rd mags for X-Carry

OAL is 7" vs 7.4" for X-Carry

Weighs a few ounces less.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
It looks like the rear sight isn't attached to the optics plate? My big complaint about my Xcarry is no rear sight to co witness with my Romeo. This solves that problem as well as making it more concealable.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in the grip module for this pistol, to apply to my existing compact, as opposed to buying a new pistol. Right now the P320 compact is is in an x-carry grip, which I have on compacts and the full size; I'd like to try the x grip in a compact size (and maybe even subcompact, if they go that route).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm confused.... I think this is what I bought back in September.... with the Romeo sights ....but maybe not the 'X' part... what exactly does that mean?

EDIT: I went to the Sig site and kind of figured it out... different Iron Sights, .2" shorter barrel and thus shorter gun... and looks like an indention in the grip just under the trigger guard. Slide looks different too...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope to look this over, thoughts of an M&P 2.0 Compact with the 3.6" barrel crossed my mind at the LGS Wednesday. Now there's a competitor.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
YouTube video from the Sig website:

https://youtu.be/ydG14X8bptA

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I like the re-contoured grip and that the slide has no cut-outs like the X-Carry. Unfortunately they just had to slap a rail on it. I guarantee you w/in a few years, you will see a rail on the P210 from Sig, just because...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That might be the gun that gets me to finally buy a 320. They have a nice feature set there imo.

I still think they’re making a mistake in not making their 15 round guns no more than 5” in height. I carry appendix, so the 1/4” isn’t a big deal for me, but for 3:00 folks, that makes a real difference.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Thin it up a little, and would be perfect

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good looking gun that will sell well. It looks like Sig had the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact with the 3.6" barrel in it's sights when it designed this one.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I guarantee you w/in a few years, you will see a rail on the P210

Big Grin

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Sig says it will be available in April in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wHdY_nYxCc

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'll be picking up a grip module for my P320 RX Compact!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
Looks like I'll be picking up a grip module for my P320 RX Compact!

Will this frame work with that slide? Looks like this gun has a 3.6” slide and the RX Compact has a 3.9 slide.

I don’t know enough about the 320 to know. If it fits, will it result in a gap between the dust over and the frame?

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes it will fit and it will look just like that on your compact slide.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37073 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Will this frame work with that slide? Looks like this gun has a 3.6” slide and the RX Compact has a 3.9 slide.

I don’t know enough about the 320 to know. If it fits, will it result in a gap between the dust over and the frame?

Below is a Compact slide on a Subcompact-length grip module with a 15 round Compact magazine with adapter.

Note that the Compact slide overhangs the front of the grip module by 0.3".

I believe a Compact slide on an X-Compact grip module will look similar, and have the same slight overhang. The X-Compact is basically a Compact-length grip and magazine, with a Subcompact-length slide and front dust cover.

(The below combination fits perfectly well in P320 Compact holsters, and I suspect the same combo of a Compact slide with an X-Compact grip module will as well.)

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I guarantee you w/in a few years, you will see a rail on the P210

Big Grin

Not from Sig, which you conveniently left out of my quote, but a custom job. I’m telling the forum now that if Sig Exeter continues to produce the P210, a rail is a-coming...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post