SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help with P6 size comparison
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with P6 size comparison Login/Join 
posted
I’m on the hunt for a P6 and would like some idea of actual size. None locally to handle. I’ve owned a Glock 19, CZ PCR & P-01. I know the CZ barrels are same length as the P6. Is the overall size of the P6 comparable to these 3 other pistols? Is someone able to post a comparison pic or two so I have some idea of the relative size of a P6?

Thank you for your help!

Rubec

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
It’s pretty close to a G19. I’m not at home or I’d post a pic.
I have a P225, G19 & a couple others....
IIRC, the P225/P6 is a hair thinner than a G19.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, real close to a G19 only heavier with slightly more than half the capacity.

Not really dissing it tho, I have and carry a P6 not a G-19. Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I sort of figured it is G19 size but not really sure since I’ve never handled one. I’m aware of weight difference & capacity which aren’t the issue for me. Appreciate the help.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a P6, but no G19. I do have a CZ 75D Compact, which is comparable in size to your PCR. The P6 and the CZ are basically the same size...about as close as you can get considering they're 2 completely different designs. The grip on the CZ is a bit bulkier, but the slide on the Sig is a bit wider. The Sig is about 1/4" taller.

My 75D is quite a bit heavier, but it's got a steel frame. I imagine the weight difference between the alloy framed PCR and the P6 would be negligible.

Posts: 8394 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
If you want to come down to Normal, you can handle mine. It is not for sale, I am just offering you the chance to handle one.

quote:
Originally posted by Rubec:
I’m on the hunt for a P6 and would like some idea of actual size. None locally to handle. I’ve owned a Glock 19, CZ PCR & P-01. I know the CZ barrels are same length as the P6. Is the overall size of the P6 comparable to these 3 other pistols? Is someone able to post a comparison pic or two so I have some idea of the relative size of a P6?

Thank you for your help!

Rubec

Posts: 5609 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I just pulled these out of my safe for a few quick shots. They should give you a good idea of the comparison to the PCR & G19.

PCR, P6, G19 Left to Right (Edited this photo, had a P-01 and not a PCR in first shot)

P6 in front, PCR in middle & G19 in rear

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
A P225/P6 is nearly identical in size to a P228. If you go to HandgunHero, you can compare dimensions of a P228 to PCR & P-01, as well as many other guns.

https://www.handgunhero.com/co...s-cz-75d-pcr-compact

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you 92fstech & Tooky13 for posting photos! That helps a lot! Appreciate your offer maxwayne but the photos are what I’m looking for.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
A P225/P6 is nearly identical in size to a P228. If you go to HandgunHero, you can compare dimensions of a P228 to PCR & P-01, as well as many other guns.

Yep. Did not the P228 replace the P6? Single to double stack.

So P6 is noticeably thinner than a G19 because of that, and the P6 is more rounded at the edges, while the Glock is, well, Glocky (Glock blocky, lol).

Posts: 54 | Registered: February 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

This site is supercool! Thanks for the link.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I can add something that a photo won't tell you is the many comments I'v read re the P-225/P-6 comfortably fitting a wide range of hand sizes and the overall excellent balance that has made it so popular. I wouldn't let the magazine capacity be a issue here, 8+1 and a second magazine should meet most needs.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently got a HK USP-C 45. Looks big, but when I started measuring it was nearly the same as a P-6. And the wild thing was that the loaded weight, 9 rds in each, was within 1/8 oz on my digital food scales! Thought about it a bit, came upstairs and put in an order for a Kramer IWB. 9rd of 9mm vs 9 rds of 45 +P, I still like thumb size holes better.....

Posts: 1636 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post