SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt XSE LW Commander.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt XSE LW Commander. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Ok, I want a Colt Commander XSE, chambered in .38 Super. Ideally I want a Combat Commander XSE in .38 Super, but not sure if Colt actually made it.

However, I did pick up a LW XSE in .45.

It was delivered today.

Overall, I am happy with the fit and finish. The trigger pull feels a little heavy and gritty.

Any recommendations from those who own a XSE?

Thank you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have the Combat Commander XSE in .45. Love it!

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I've owned an XSE for a couple of years now, though it's the steel-frame Government Model. It was "new-to-me" and has been flawless thus far with over 3500 rounds through it. The case it came in is marked "2015 Edition," so I think it's among the last of the XSE line (I think they were formally discontinued in 2015).

I converted mine from its original full-length guide rod to a "standard" setup with parts from Wilson Combat. The only other changes I've made have been an array of grips (currently wearing Tru-Ivories) and some stair-safety tape to the grip front strap. I have a solid trigger from Harrison Custom that I may have installed to replace the factory 3-hole model.

I'd definitely be open to another at some point, and I bet the Commander version would be a heck of a good gun.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Attempting to post a pic of my XSE here...as shown wearing some holly grips from WoodCaliber.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Owned a couple for about 6 - 8 maybe 10 years. Excellent pistols. Very pleased with them. Only issue I had was with the wrap around grip with the ambidextrous safety as the wrap around grip was not setup for that. Took me a while to figure out (And the guy at Cabelas) as to why the safety wasn't working with the grip installed.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post