SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lamest justification yet for gun purchase, S&W 625
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lamest justification yet for gun purchase, S&W 625 Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice revolver, complimented by the grips,
2000Z71 !

quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
Rubber grips except on magnums are for pussies.

Ow, Ow, ow.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
You did really well, you found a really rare gun, 1 of only about 1500 made . The 625-2 was the first iteration/run of the model 625 (they didn't do a no dash or dash-1). Being 3" I would guess that it's a Lou Horton gun and rare, most were 5" barrel and some 4". Only about 1500 -2's were ever made. So you found yourself a quite collectable piece. I'd leave the finish alone. Factory grips were pachmeyer wrap around rubber grips for it.

There were 3200 of the 3" 625 made. Not all were Lew Horton. Lew Horton ordered 478 of the 3". The only way to know for certain is to get it lettered.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Where does the premise that you need justification come from?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Kinda sorta understand the concept of justification. But it simply is not a factor in the case of 3-inch N frames.

Posts: 65 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: December 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you made a great choice, whatever your reason. That can be a great home defense gun as well as a range toy, with the faster reload capability of moon clips.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well those purdy stocks DID need a nice gun to call home, after all.

I've sort of done the same recently. First time I came across a box of .224 Valkyrie I just had to buy it to see what it was all about. Next thing I know I'm ordering up parts for a new Valkyrie AR build. Though it's not done yet, it's an example of having the ammo and then needing a gun to shoot it.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
You're an adult you don't need to justify buying something. Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't understand the justification part. But think of it this way. You could always sell that gun for what you paid for it, and in the future for more than what you paid for it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I feel a bit better about myself after reading this thread. About 3 years ago I bought a 4 inch model of that same 625 because the ex boyfriend of an ex chick of mine died of cancer at the age of 45. I got all, “You can die at any time, so buy what you want!” So I did. I may have shot it three times, but every time I pick it up I am smiling! You did the right thing. There is nothing like a no lock Smith and Wesson revolver.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
No need to justify. I bought my 625-3 simply because I wanted it.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im not even in to revolvers, but even for me the only justification needed was in the title; “625-3!”

Thats a sweet gun, I don’t have grips but plenty of .45 brass and a set of dies to load it!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Hey those are nice grips. Can't have them go to waste. But the 625 is a really nice revolver, too.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice pre-lock version!
I'm not far behind you. I've bought a gun because I had a holster for it once!

I love mine. If I ever get back into camping or serious 4 wheeling I'd get a chest rig for it.

DSCN0669 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post