SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 acquitted itself well in 3-gun yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 acquitted itself well in 3-gun yesterday Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
I shot a local multigun match yesterday using my SCAR-16S with aimpoint H1, Geissele trigger and PWS rail extension, along with my trusty SIG P226 and recently modded Remington 1100. I shot pretty well all day, particularly by my standards. I'm usually good with shotgun and handgun but iffy with rifle. P226 with 20-round Mec-Gar mags allowed quick and accurate hits on plate racks and falling poppers. I was able to flip the 80-yard spinner and clean plate racks quickly with the SCAR as well as hitting the long steel flashers out to 375 yards, which surprised me. I won two of five stages in limited division but placed second by one point. I induced a jam with my thumb against the charging handle and then a double feed resulted, because I was prone and didn't clear it properly. I was able to clear it pretty quick but it cost me the win, along with a couple jams from the shotgun. FWIW my shotgun was more reliable than the Benellis in my squad.

No pics or video this time as i as I was too busy having fun.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3185 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great time!

I took a 3-Gun "clinic" a while back and that alone was a blast. Just haven't taken the full plunge yet.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I've been shooting primarily my hk's in uspsa but just cleaned and got all my 226's and my 229 ready to run for a while. Every time I shoot them I remember why I love them so much!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I have always had faith in my 1100...too.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 181 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I never have had any jams hunting or at the range, even when I was running it fast getting set up with the long tube, etc. I guess I probably soft-shouldered it under pressure, or I guess it could be dirty/dusty. It was windy.

Another guy in my squad was running an 1100 with an X rail in open division... ran like a top all day. Surprising to see that in Open.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3185 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Surprising to see that in Open.

LOL.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post