Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CC Insurance Login/Join 
posted
I am about to sign up for concealed carry insurance probably through the NRA. I was wondering how any people actually have that and what kind of limits do people get? They have low for about 150 a year, 250 a year medium and high $350 a year. The GE repair man who is helping me out my refrigerator has it through I think US concealed carry and he makes a lot less than I do but he got the $1,000,000 maximum coverage for about $350 a year.

He highly recommends it. At my meeting with the Virginia Citizens Defense League last year we had some Fairfax County police supervisors speak to our group active shooters and the one acting commander highly recommended it. He stated that him and his colleagues are covered by the state or county to act in an off-duty capacity since they are sworn law enforcement officers 24 hours per day. He stated while it is unlikely, a self-defense shooting could get very difficult for a civilian especially if the family sues.

I do know that homeowners insurance will not cover intentional discharges firearms usually since policies usually deal with accidents.

Anyway any views would be appreciated. And yes I usually buy a lot of insurance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Good question, but might get more traction in the LOUNGE.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My thought is be wary of the many small start ups in this insurance area. How long will they be around.

Now that the NRA is offering something, I would be more comfortably with their longevity.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Report This Post