SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My range Rebuild
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My range Rebuild Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great progress there! Something to consider and food for thought..

I've been at Blackwater/Academi a few times in the last few years. Some of the berm material is old and recycled shredded tires. Full-auto dumps or multiple rounds fired into the back stop caused these tire shreds to smoke and smolder with visible smoke clouds.

I don't know if wood mulch would be a bad idea or not for berm material that might be impacted by rounds. My brother's berm is just dirt and old trees and we have had no problems. We only shoot semi-auto though.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't really do mag dumps, and I have 0 intention of dropping the coin for full auto. Hell I can't feed what I have. The idea behind 3-4 inches of wood chips is that I think it would keep down the weeds, keep the erosion down, and help keep the soil in decent shape.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last of the targets up and in place.

Put up the 1" bullseye targets for my 22lr, and air rifle shooting.

Added a couple of poppers. Incidentally, the best paint i have found that covers fully in 1 pass is Rustoleum marking paint. The stuff meant for spraying on the ground marking foundations, power, sewer lines. It seems to be really cheap compared to other spray paints. You to have to angle the can down while spraying though.

The full-size IPSC bullseye target.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Fantastic set-up!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am waiting to give the full thing a rundown. I did try it with my 556r yesterday. I havent had any time to run the 22lr's yet.