SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    les baer does not sell retail in their own store
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

les baer does not sell retail in their own store Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
The break in thing is just shooting the damn gun anyway. I don't get all the consternation and hang up on that...

I get any new gun and take it out back and shoot the shit out of it. To me it is the fun and experience. I have NEVER had an issue with a Baer and I've had 15 of the dang things. (6 or 7 now)

I say its all just shooting it. Just keep shooting y'all prolly need the practice anyway. Smile

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
The break in thing is just shooting the damn gun anyway. I don't get all the consternation and hang up on that...

I get any new gun and take it out back and shoot the shit out of it. To me it is the fun and experience. I have NEVER had an issue with a Baer and I've had 15 of the dang things. (6 or 7 now)

I say its all just shooting it. Just keep shooting y'all prolly need the practice anyway. Smile

I’m not saying Baer’s are bad guns, I’m just saying there’s a reason why they are cheaper than other semi-custom guns...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Oh I do the same thing with the Wilson's or Dan Wessons I've owned. Heck even the Springfields and Ruger or ATI. Glocks and FN's.

I treat them all the same. Spray some lube in them and shoot 'em fast and hot. Slow and steady it doesn't matter.

I still personally prefer how the Baer feels over most other 1911's other than maybe my Springfield TRP.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have had a few of them and I now own none.I must say they are for the most part a very accurate gun but there are areas (finish, fit, and consistency) that I have issues with for the money. I must say as of late I have found my Dan Wesson(the last couple years) have been better guns for the money! In every aspect. Also have you ever dealt with Les? I had a peening problem with a couple of his blued models and he pretty much told me "it normal" get over it!! The finish on the blued models wears through very quickly on mine also. Frown

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:

I’m not saying Baer’s are bad guns, I’m just saying there’s a reason why they are cheaper than other semi-custom guns...

I am not a biggest fan of Baer guns but at least they don’t use semi-drop in barrels like Wilson, Brown and charge twice the price.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am gonna check the inner net to see if there are 1911 forums , to see what they have to say

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:

I am not a biggest fan of Baer guns but at least they don’t use semi-drop in barrels like Wilson, Brown and charge twice the price.

And just where are you getting this BS from???

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Les Baer represents a decent value in that market. I own one and it is very accurate.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mike56:
They are the best kept secret in 1911's.
Spend 3-4k on Wilson or Nighthawk.

2500. on a Baer for the same quality and arguably better accuracy.

Ever hear of the term “hard fit”? It is what you want in a custom 1911.

I have owned a number of full custom 19/2011’s... none have required 500 rounds of break in. It’s a cost savings measure for Baer, plain and simple.

To be fair, my Les Baer Monolith heavyweight with 1.5" accuracy (50 yards) "required" 500+ round of break-in...but not really. I had one (1) malfunction in those rounds, and that was a failure to extract that I couldn't determine if it was too dirty or some measure of limp-wrist. You can't really call that a required break-in. If it were any other 1911, there wouldn't have been a smidge of difference. I happen to like mine - finish great, fit great, accuracy beyond human constraint, features quite nice, etc., etc. - I think LB gets a bad rap and deserves better. Mine will never be sold on to someone else.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
quote:

The only BS is your post. All non-Supergrade 45 ACP guns use Wilson's semi drop-in 33D barrel. Wilson Supergrades use the full fit 33G barrel. I have a few Supergrades, I might have a little knowledge on the subject. See post #6

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=487840

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkyk:
quote:

The only BS is your post. All non-Supergrade 45 ACP guns use Wilson's semi drop-in 33D barrel. Wilson Supergrades use the full fit 33G barrel. I have a few Supergrades, I might have a little knowledge on the subject. See post #6

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=487840

and charge twice the price????

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
after visiting four other forums , I decided that
The L.B. is way , WAY ! out of my league .

The first (and only) 1911 I have shot was a Spring armory "professional"

( many years ago)

after two mags , I was grinning ear to ear.

I was envisioning all kinds of grandiose expectations,
but nine of the forty posts that I read had any kind of elation,
involved.

It's a gun, you load it and shoot it

was generally the sentiment.

will probably end up with either the sig or the ruger 1911

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

( many years ago)

involved.

That being said, I bought a new Colt Competition s/s a little over a year ago. The quality on it for the money is incredible. (I own 1 Wilson and 1 Ed Brown to give you an idea). The barrel bushing fit and slide to frame fit on the Colt is incredibly tight, and the finish is amazing on it. It comes with everything I'd want on it, FO front sight, and all the bells and whistles and is a great shooter. I would go that route, I bought mine in 9mm, but they come in .45 in both blued and s/s and can be bought for around $860 new.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

( many years ago)

involved.

Interesting. I took your original post as a comment on Les Baer's lack of customer concern by them not as a question on how good their 1911's are. Which was my first response. And yes they are nicer no question.

If you don't want to spend that much you could send your 1911 in to Wilson Combat for a trigger job. A WC trigger job is between $250 and $275. You could also have them install a barrel and you should have a very nice shooting 1911 for a lot less. The Ruger 1911 would make a nice 1911 to build on.