SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Should I buy a standard P365 or the XL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I buy a standard P365 or the XL? Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted
Finally have the $$ for my first P365. Should I buy the standard or the XL? ( SAS is out...) I really would like to hear from people who own or have shot both. I am a big guy so concealment is not really an issue but this IS Florida ( Heat index today over 100 )so shorts and T-Shirt mostly while pocket carrying...Your thoughts and advice is appreciated. And thanks!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Since your primary method of carry will be in your pocket, I'd go with the P365.

P365XL is a bit large for pocket carry, but works well OWB/IWB.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Have both and if you intend to pocket carry then you should go with the standard P365.

My XL is used when I carry IWB which is most of the time.

Occasionally I will need to pocket carry so then the standard P365 gets the nod.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have both but have not shot the XL much past sighting in the RMSc I put on it. I would go with the first iteration as well. Of course, if I intended to try pocket carry he XL, I wouldn't have put the dot on it.

I have a dot on the non-XL as well, but also a complete extra top half with irons for carrying in those instances where the dot would be prohibitive. I do pocket carry mine sometimes but with a 10 round mag.

For pocket carry, the XL is too much for me, both in slide length and grip height.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
IMO, if pocket carry is where it'll live, then standard is the way to go. Can always get some aftermarket 15-round mags to bring along.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
IMO, if pocket carry is where it'll live, then standard is the way to go. Can always get some aftermarket 15-round mags to bring along.

This. I think the XL is a touch big for pocket carry. So get both! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All pistols are compromises in one way or another. ** You** will have to decide where you want to compromise.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I didn't like either one. I guess my hand was too big. I did like holding the new X-compact. Fit my hand much better and I may be picking one up in the near future.

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you are getting a concealment weapon, you may as well get the most concealable. I have the 365 and toyed with the idea of getting the XL also. Then I recalled that when I first became an LEO I carried a 6 shot S&W K frame and was allowed to carry 6 extra rounds. The I considered that in the 365 with the 12 shot mag(the only one I use)I am packing all the firepower +1 that I did back then. Add another 12 rounds and I have doubled it! And it all fits in s nicely concealable package.
Somehow the XL seems more like a Colt Commander when compared to the smaller gun. YMMV.....

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both is always the answer! But the standard seems to fit your requirements.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Advice taken. Standard P365 ordered on Gunbroker. I went with the Lipseys NRA FDE Limited Edition.I sold my Beretta Nano to a good friend. It was (is) a great gun but really can't compare to the benefits of the P365.
Thank you my Sigforum Family for steering me in the right direction. Greatly appreciate all of you.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post