SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 Pistol : Show me a great looking one.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Pistol : Show me a great looking one. Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fusion 6" 10mm. I actually have a matched 5" .45 slide for it. Just swap out the ejector.

I thought perhaps that was it. It has the look of a Fusion.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:
Wilson CQB's.
Fullsize .45, Compact 9mm.

Gorgeous!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson

Ed Brown

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favorite 1911;
https://imgur.com/a/FhQhkPY

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/a/7QtodK6

LOVE MY DAN WESSONS

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
How about a 2011.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Custom Colt Government by Ikey Starks in Denver

Ikey Starks Custom Norinco 1911 build

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fyimo,

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat Professional Black Edition

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Several people have posted the Dan Wesson CBOB already.

Here's mine (a 10mm), it's a little different.

I sent it to Grayguns years ago to get a bunch of work done on it, part of which was to apply Superblack to the entire gun. They weren't happy with how the finish went on the slide flats, so they polished it off the flats to redo it - and then thought it looked good enough they asked if they should leave it that way. I decided I liked it, too, so I told them not to reapply the finish to the flats.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
To me there are only three attractive colors/finishes of 1911s:

Matte Stainless
Blued

And to a lesser degree:

DLC Black (or maybe Dan Wesson's Duty Black, or whatever Chuck Rogers does)

I'd never Cerakote a 1911, myself, but IIRC renowned builder Chuck Rogers does Cerakote over Parkerizing and his come out great and he builds working pistols / shooters...

Example pics to follow.

A blued Colt by Ted Yost:

A Cerakote (over Parkerizing, I think) by Chuck Rogers:

Matte Stainless by Jason Burton:

Ion Bond's DLC on a Fusion pistol:

Blued and Matte Stainless, however, are timeless classics, whether safe queens (shudder) or EDC pistols. The wear that develops on well used Blued ones looks great too:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
My CZ 1911A1. Beautiful pistol. Everything I need in a 1911 and an absolute bargin at the $750 I paid.

I didn't know CZ made a 1911. Your gun and photography are both excellent.

What exactly is that finish ? It looks pretty good. If durable in a holster without finish wear, that's the kind of finish I would be intersted in.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:
one of my latest acquisitions...

Man, you are my hero! That's my grail pistol, and I've often wondered if one could be done with a matching case colored slide (and jeweled barrel hood). Very nice, sir!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:
one of my latest acquisitions...

Man, you are my hero! That's my grail pistol, and I've often wondered if one could be done with a matching case colored slide and jeweled barrel hood. Very nice, sir!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I’m in love with that Volkmann... But there’s something to be said for just “as is”:

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
So many sweet 1911's !

My one and only.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think this is a great looking 1911 photo and have ever since I first saw it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a few of mine.

I kid I kid. This thread did make me realize I do not have a picture of my lone 1911.

This is not my gun below but I have always liked the way this one came out. Great looking grips and light colored controls on a dark gun. Looks fabulous to me.

Posts: 3915 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I think this is a great looking 1911 photo and have ever since I first saw it.

Beauty!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a 9mm Dan Wesson Discretion.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post