SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guide rod laser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guide rod laser Login/Join 
posted
Anyone here using one of these on there Sig's ? Don't really have any guns with rails and not to fond of the laser max grips .
Thanks in advance

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LaserMax guide rod lasers on a P229 and P239. They work perfectly. I also had one on my P220 that I sold a while ago.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
used one for years on my 228...worked flawlessly..after a cpl mags, you'll have to wipe the lens bc the dot gets dull from fouling...that's it

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks That's good to here I have a 228 and a 229 so I can use it on both which is nice any preference on the color ? although I think I will get green .

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
when I had mine, red was the only option. I think you'll be good to go with either color option you choose

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had one in a P225 for many years, and recently put one in a P228. With the P225 I used to take it out before I did a lot of range shooting (anything over checking function and aim) just to be careful with it. But I took a day long pistol class and forgot to remove it. Didn’t hurt it a bit, still running great years later. That one is red and the P228 is green. Green seems a little easier on the eyes and easier to see in daylight, IMO.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I had one in my Glock 26 for years with nary a problem. The flashing dot catches my eye easier than continuous beam models.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I had one early on in a Beretta 92, loved it. At the time everyone was all about the CT Grips, so I was able to pick it up used for a great price.

I wanted to get one for my P-series collection, but I've moved away from laser dots lately.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Good to go with the vintage P220s also.

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Also have had a red lasermax guiderod laser in my p229 for a very long time. Works great albeit I would go with green now as they are easier to see in all light conditions.

Posts: 3696 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Dang you people!

Y'all just cost me almost $600!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Bought my first Sig P226/9mm LaserMax guide rod laser back in 1993 and have owned/used at least one every since. Never had issue one with them.

My LM have always been for P series Sigs and have never tried the LM for Glocks. Would really like to own the LM for my G26 & G19.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think I posted this in another discussion but I'm actually buying a Glock from a member here. Glocks don't do a thing for me ... I don't care for striker fired or that strange double trigger or the looks but I broke down an bought one to go with my new work vehicle rifle which only takes Glock magazines... and since I have lasers on something like ll other guns... I think this Glock should have one too. I ordered one for my MK25 at the same time....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well the two guide rod lasers came in from Lasermax.... don't have the Glock yet but did install the other in my Mk-25 and then realized I already had a laser on the rail of it.... So, I took it off and installed it on another P226... the interesting thing about ordering these is you have to order a different one depending on the caliber of the gun... I guess this is because of the recoil spring.. which you get a new one with the laser guide rod.... Installation on a Sig is pretty simple... but I did read and follow the instructions...It will be interesting to see how easy it is for the Glock. Oh and one other thing... these now have the ability to have a constant laser as well as the blinking one... mine for the p226 came in the constant mode and I have not tried to change it to the other yet.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Blume the OD of the P226/40-357 LaserMax guide rod laser is larger then the P226/9mm.

I to used to think that it was only a difference in springs between the two but after buying a P226/40-357 LM guide rod for one of my P226/40 I went to install it on one of my spare P226/9mm and it would not insert into the slides guide rod opening. This was about 8 years ago that and have since sold the P226/40-357 LM unit.

I had never known of the P226/40-357 slide opening being different before that time as all purchases for the P2269mm & 40-357 factory & aftermarket guide rods were listed as being the same between the two guns with the exception of the GGI "Fat" guide rods.

I have had P228 & 229/9mm & P229/40-357 LM lasers and the springs were the only difference in the units.

Posts: 18013 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post