SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any Kahr P380/CW380 Owners Here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Kahr P380/CW380 Owners Here? Login/Join 
Picture of BloodyThumb
posted Hide Post
I have a P380.

I had one or two FTF's in the first 50rds of ball when it was new. No issues at all in the last ... oh.... probably 800-900 by now. Ball, 2 or 3 different hollow points.

It is my daily deep conceal (3rd gun) on duty and has been for about 5 years now.

To quote L Thompson from years ago... "It's a nice thing to have in your pocket when you can't carry a gun." But then he was saying that about a Seecamp 32 at the time.

Thanks,
BT

Seek out those called “experts” by the ones who have earned your respect. Avoid those who publicly proclaim themselves as one. Especially if they are selling T-shirts.

Posts: 167 | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CW380 has been flawless. I did a little fluff and buff to it when it was new, and probably racked the slide 500 or so times before I shot it. Never a malfunction in at least a thousand rounds. Also shoots Gold Dot HP's like candy. I have a box of xtp's, but haven't tried them yet.

And yes, you need to use the slide lock lever to chamber a round. The only pistol I've ever fired that won't go into battery from slingshotting.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a new P380 for a good price. First 380 for me. How do Gold Dots or Sig V crown fair in these? Any particular target ammo that these do not like?

Thanks

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
I just picked up a new P380 for a good price. First 380 for me. How do Gold Dots or Sig V crown fair in these? Any particular target ammo that these do not like?

Thanks

Good luck finding ANYTHING to put in that right now! Eek

My go to's have been:

Range/FMJ: Aguila .380 (PPU has worked well too)
Carry/JHP: Hornady Critical Defense .380

Both function very well in this pistol. Don't forget to use the slide release to chamber a round, Kahr does not advise slingshotting these guns.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
Mine doesnt like Gold Dots. But its never failed with Hornady Critical Defense.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a relatively new CT 380 in the Tungsten (gray) color. It had a couple of FTEs in the first 50 rounds, but it’s been great since. Exceptionally accurate and easy to carry. I put Magguts in the magazines to gain an extra round and they’ve worked well. I have many Kahr pistols, both metal and polymer, and have appreciated their quality and value.

---
Kent in MI

P226 in 9mm
P220 in 45acp
P320 X-5
P365
P365XL
P365-380

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Michigan (USA) | Registered: August 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys who just purchased one, I have 2 excellent Kydex holsters for sale in the classifieds. A pocket and IWB. Thanks.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I was able to scrounge up up HST and Underwood to try out along with some ball target ammo.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P380 that struggled with reliability. i found that it does not like thick rimmed ammunition. Seems to digest domestic brands better than european stuff. Magguts magazine followers and springs brought it into the "reliable enough" realm, I would buy the Magguts again even if they didn't provide for an extra round. They are that good.
Tiny, well made, and very accurate. My take on it is that just a bit to tiny for total reliability].....
I carry it.

Oscar Zulu

Posts: 159 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar Zulu:
I have a P380 that struggled with reliability. i found that it does not like thick rimmed ammunition. Seems to digest domestic brands better than european stuff. Magguts magazine followers and springs brought it into the "reliable enough" realm, I would buy the Magguts again even if they didn't provide for an extra round. They are that good.
Tiny, well made, and very accurate. My take on it is that just a bit to tiny for total reliability].....
I carry it.

Oscar Zulu

My experience with my P380 is similar. Won’t even chamber a Fiocchi hardball. Domestic stuff, fine.

Oddly enough 100% reliability so far with Hornady XTP. So that’s my carry ammo...

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife's current EDC is a PINK Kahr P380. It took the place of her S&W 351PD about 3 years ago. She absolutely loves it, especially with Ruger ARX rounds.

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd share this-

This CW380 has about 600rds+ through it and has always been a great little pocket gun which is always with me regardless if I have my Glock27 or not.

Memorial Day (Monday) a few friends and I did some fly fishing and afterwards we were chatting about pocket guns and full-size guns, etc.

My little 380 is always in my pocket so I offered if anyone wanted to try it and one guy shot the pistol, but after 3 shots he said the trigger wouldn't fire the gun anymore.

So after I got home and stripped it down I found the firing pin had snapped off the assembly body. After sending a pic and email off to Kahr Customer Service, I continued to poke around the internet and found that other people had this same problem (seems just with the 380).

I also saw that a company named Lakeline LLC makes a tool steel replacement which is beefed up in the problem areas. I sent them an order Monday night and I just received the new part today (Friday), great service!
The new part features a more robust construction of steel (I'm assuming the original was MIM?), but it also addresses the issue of the bottom of the striker foot dragging on the top round in the magazine (which I wasn't aware of).

Anyway, installed just now and seems to cycle and dry fire smoothly, I'll shoot it tomorrow.

Also, Kahr Customer Service sent me a nice email first thing Tuesday morning after the holiday. She asked that I register the gun online and then let her know and she'd send a replacement firing pin asmy out asap. I did and we will see what arrives. Some of the online posts about Lakeline LLC indicated that thy are supplying Kahr with upgraded firing pins, but I'll see when it gets here.

If it is the steel unit I'll put it up for Karma to anyone who has a P or CW 380.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post