SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320...going...going...gone...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320...going...going...gone... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK, I admit it - I jumped on the bandwagon. Saved up and bought 2 (9 compact and a full size 45...). The first thing I want to be clear on is the P320 is a fine gun...it's just not for me I've found.

What I found out was that the P320 has different grip angle and trigger pull than what I am used to. (I've carried a Glock for over 25+ years...and my current duty gun is a G17.4, with a G19.4 was an off-duty/desk gun.). Every shot with the P320 was low or low left...and it wasn't the sights which were dead on.

I soon realized that if I wanted to get better on the P320 I would really need to focus only on the P320...and I'm sorry I just like the Glock more.

I sold my last P320 and have invested in more Glocks. They just work for me.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
To each his own. If the Glocks work better for you, then by all means.

I started with a P320 Compact, then I bought a second.

Then along came the P320 X-Carry, and after that a P320 X-Five.

Now one of the P320 compacts is gone and the other is for sale....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always tell new shooter to try a Glock first. If it points right, buy a Glock (or Steyr). If it doesn't work, try any of the other options. It just happens Glock doesn't work for me. So I got to try a bunch of pistols before finding the P320 works for me.

You'll be happier sticking with what works for you.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
O..k?

So, you don't like the P320.. It doesn't work for you. Got it.

You're not going to post one of these for every gun that doesn't work for you, are you? I don't think we have that kind of bandwidth.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree, everyone shoots different with various pistol platforms. I retired with 28 years in law enforcement and carried them all starting with a S&W Model 10 38 cal Revolver. I too carried a Glock 19 as a detective. That said, I shoot low left with Glocks. It takes me a couple magazines to adjust my sight picture. A Glock regardless which generation feels like I’m holding a 2x4. I gave Glock one more chance and tricked out a Gen 4 Glock 19. It still in my hands felt horrible. I eventually sold it off and all my Glock parts and holsters. I now have invested my money in the Sig P320 and M&P platforms. My Sig P320s have feel great in my hand, phenomenal triggers, are accurate and reliable.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I have owned a lot of pistols over the years and when I picked up the Sig 229 in .40 I sold all my other stuff except the two Sig P232 and my 22 Ruger Mark-II.

The Sig 229 is the finest shooting pistol I have ever shot. So I am down to just the four pistols.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Sig 229 in .40

Well see, there you go.

The P229 in .40 was actually among the earliest pistols I ever owned, and I think it's garbage.

But I'm not going to start a thread just to say that.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I commiserate. The same epiphany happened with me as well. The 320 just wasn't what I was hoping/thinking that it would be. Move on, buy something else and see how it goes.

As it should be.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
I was in love with the P250 but just couldn't get past the cheap plastic frames (same as P320). Have not been tempted at all to buy a P320 for the same reason. That has absolutely nothing to do with the original post. LOL

If I had to work 24/7/365 carrying a Glock, I would focus on perfecting my Glock skills.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
I was in love with the P250 but just couldn't get past the cheap plastic frames (same as P320). Have not been tempted at all to buy a P320 for the same reason. That has absolutely nothing to do with the original post. LOL

I kinda know what you mean. I was turned off by the P250. My buddy had an early one, so in addition to it just not feeling "SIG" to me, it had problems. So I stayed away from the P320 for a while. Still not in love with how it feels, but goddamn do I shoot it well. Not saying rush out and buy one, but at least rent one.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sensing some hostility. Hahaha

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the same. Sold all my 320's and purchased my first Plock (P80 Glock. That turned into a G19.5 and then a G43. Not looking back.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I can't stand glocks, you made the wrong choice.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live and let live. Lol. I embrace both Glock and the 320 line. I “trust” Glocks more because I have more rounds through them, never had a problem with any of mine, and they never had a recall that I had to go through. That being said I shoot 320’s better and like them more. If I was going to be dropped into a jungle, Glock. Pick up a gun for HD in my house, 320.

Most of my Glocks have aftermarket something in them. 320 I can run stock if you don’t count homemade stipple job.

I prefer 320.

Edited. Oops, I said “run”. Ha ha

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I guess I am just weird. I just don't find myself unable to shoot a particular brand of pistol. Oh, they are different for sure. As the OP stated, the grip angle is different. Then the manual of arms...striker vs DS/SA, etc.

But I compare it to cars. Each car is different. When I drive my wife's car or my daughter's car...there is a few moment of adjustment..but then it is fine. I have never gotten a rental car and say...nope. can't do it. If you can drive, you can drive. If you can shoot...youd better learn to shoot other guns. In an emergency, there is no choice of your favorite firearm.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I guess I am just weird. I just don't find myself unable to shoot a particular brand of pistol. Oh, they are different for sure. As the OP stated, the grip angle is different. Then the manual of arms...striker vs DS/SA, etc.

But I compare it to cars. Each car is different. When I drive my wife's car or my daughter's car...there is a few moment of adjustment..but then it is fine. I have never gotten a rental car and say...nope. can't do it. If you can drive, you can drive. If you can shoot...youd better learn to shoot other guns. In an emergency, there is no choice of your favorite firearm.

Drive all cars equally fast on a race track and then tell me it doesn't make a difference what you're driving. It absolutely makes a difference for most people how fast and accurately they can shoot different pistols.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
O..k?

You're not going to post one of these for every gun that doesn't work for you, are you? I don't think we have that kind of bandwidth.

A bit grumpy are we today? I thought this forum was to talk about handguns we liked or don't like and why. At least he wasn't posting about every single new gun he's gotten or built, I note he had 2 Sig 320's to come to his opinion. ;-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I started shooting with a SA XD. Hated it! I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it. Switched to a Glock and showed immediate improvement.

Stayed with Glock and have been a huge advocate for many years. I have dabbled with various Sigs over that time but always found them too big and heavy for carry purposes as they seemed more of a duty gun versus a carry gun. With that being said I still have always been fond of them and truly like the idea of DA/SA pistols. Besides the classic series just look way cool!

When I first picked up the 320 I loved the look and feel of them. I prefer polymer over metal and I loved the concept of the modular design however as soon as I pulled the trigger I put it down and walked away. The trigger was just way too light for my liking and I would never use it as a carry gun.

I'm one of the odd balls that thinks there isn't anything wrong with a stock Glock trigger. I'm also not part of the fascination with getting triggers as light as possible with the shortest stroke as possible. I'm not into bullseye shooting and strictly work on defensive shooting.

So since I have alway been a slow learner, I recently discovered the P250. I much prefer hammer fired and find the trigger excellent. While I don't really like the SC grip I find it very comfortable to carry and for some reason the Compact grip feels great but its a little uncomfortable for me to carry all day. So I keep going back and forth with them.

I've been trying to find a compact grip in "S" size but haven' been successful. I have very small stubby hands with arthritic fingers so many guns just don't work well for me.

Now, I'm waiting to get my hands on a Walther P99C AS. Again an old gun that I am just learning about.

At the end of the day, to each his own.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
O..k?

A bit grumpy are we today? I thought this forum was to talk about handguns we liked or don't like and why. At least he wasn't posting about every single new gun he's gotten or built, I note he had 2 Sig 320's to come to his opinion. ;-)

Can we get an authorized thread topic list, to ensure it conforms with the waiver we all signed?

Or was it in the waiver somewhere and I missed it? Was it in the fine print somewhere????

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
To each his own. If the Glocks work better for you, then by all means.
Yes, and there's nothing wrong with the man telling us this. Grip angle is what has kept me away from the P320.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post