SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just found and bought this P220 German w/nickel slide
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just found and bought this P220 German w/nickel slide Login/Join 
posted
No one else bid. Did not have to pay $100 more for the buy it now. Best sub $500 gun I have ever bought! (Well, maybe that Colt 357 in rare 6 inch barrel that I got at Cabelas 4 years ago for $350 was a better deal !)

Are the nickel slides fairly rare? I do not know much about them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 754 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congrats! TT SIGs are not at all rare though, even in LNIB condition.

Posts: 10883 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Congrats! TT SIGs are not at all rare though, even in LNIB condition.

Thanks. This one has some use on it, but that is ok. Using it for a suppressor host, since my threaded barrel does not work in the P220s compensated. Gunsmith says P220 and P220s have slightly different barrels. Not too many p220 models out there less than $495!

Posts: 754 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the two tone uppers are stainless, not nickel, correct?

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
Gunsmith says P220 and P220s have slightly different barrels.

What do you mean when you say 220s? Have never seen a 220s designation.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3543 | Location: Springfield, MO...for now (Texan by birth) | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most of the two tone uppers are stainless, not nickel, correct?

Folded carbon steel slides are nickel plated.
Stainless slides are stainless.
As to the exact numbers, no one knows.

Posts: 10883 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

My WAG is that he was talking about the ones with the stainless slides.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:

My WAG is that he was talking about the ones with the stainless slides.

Kind of what I was assuming too.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3543 | Location: Springfield, MO...for now (Texan by birth) | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220 s sport compensated

Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Great price.
You did well.
How does it shoot?

Posts: 1081 | Location: in the cornfields | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Great price.
You did well.
How does it shoot?

Thanks. Will advise. In the
Mail to my ffl now. Due In tomorrow

Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Great looking P220 you have there. The Nickel adds a nice touch.

Another P220S here. This one was made just about 11 months ago.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 1887 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have bought that at under $500. Nice score

Posts: 216 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Great looking P220 you have there. The Nickel adds a nice touch.

Another P220S here. This one was made just about 11 months ago.

Very nice. I bought some grips like yours but they are sao (for supermatch model), and do not fit my da/sa 220s.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

P220Stretch

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 33969 | Location: My Happy Little Tire Swing | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^LOL$$ Bet that S model wasn't a sub $500 gun:-) Fantastic deal OP. Congrats.

BTW, I thought Sig exports to the US were done. Apparently knott. That S is a beaut. Was it closer to @ $1700 or so ?

Posts: 709 | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:

BTW, I thought Sig exports to the US were done. Apparently knott. That S is a beaut. Was it closer to @ $1700 or so ?

Actually, my 220s sport compensated is older, was at my regular local gun shop on consignment last year. The owner of the gun shop brought it to my attention, as he knows I like Sigs. The owner of the gun died, his son, a non shooter, wanted it gone. The gun shop owner never looked the value of the gun up. It is a sig 220, he thought, so $650 out the door was the price! In box with all paperwork. I could not buy it fast enough. Someone posted they bought the same model used for $1600 the prior month, and thought that was a good deal. I had posted here about this when I got it. The compensator finish was spotty on the side laying in the box. Sig Academy Store sent it back to Sig (I live 2 miles from the Sig Factory here in Portsmouth, NH). Sig refinished the compensator for free,function checked the rest of the gun, gave me the proper hex key to remove the compensator (my hex key was stripped) mailed it back to me. THAT was a deal. I have been taking it to the range every warm day. Yesterday, today, and a day last week. So smooth shooting and well balanced.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

P220Stretch

A little photoshop action there?????

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Actually, my 220s sport compensated is older, was at my regular local gun shop on consignment last year. The owner of the gun shop brought it to my attention, as he knows I like Sigs. The owner of the gun died, his son, a non shooter, wanted it gone. The gun shop owner never looked the value of the gun up. It is a sig 220, he thought, so $650 out the door was the price! In box with all paperwork. I could not buy it fast enough. Someone posted they bought the same model used for $1600 the prior month, and thought that was a good deal. I had posted here about this when I got it. The compensator finish was spotty on the side laying in the box. Sig Academy Store sent it back to Sig (I live 2 miles from the Sig Factory here in Portsmouth, NH). Sig refinished the compensator for free,function checked the rest of the gun, gave me the proper hex key to remove the compensator (my hex key was stripped) mailed it back to me. THAT was a deal. I have been taking it to the range every warm day. Yesterday, today, and a day last week. So smooth shooting and well balanced.

Dear lord. Thats amazing. I'm not going to tell you what I paid, but feel free to gloat! Congrats!

Posts: 709 | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are ways to still import them, but not through Sig.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post