SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a CZ-40B...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a CZ-40B... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...and never had heard of one till I saw it at a local gun store. I really like the 1911ish grip angle and of course it has standard CZ quality. I waited a night to do some research on it as there isn’t much on it. This is the best write up I found on its background...

https://ezine.m1911.org/showth...hp?205-CZ-40B-Review

Got it for $425 out the door, maybe a little high but not outrageously expensive. It will be a range, fun gun for the most part.

4EE29302-6444-4FD9-834A-4AA0EDE651E3 by jon marlar

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well with all of that steel I would imagine that it should be a tame shooter by .40S&W standards. Cool stuff, and congrats.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough the CZ40 was also sold by Colt in the early 2000’s and marketed as the Colt Z40. I think it was there attempt at getting into the 40 cal race.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great lines on this gun. Have never heard of it, would love to find one as nice!

Sigs
S&Ws
Walthers
H&Ks
and a few others

Posts: 399 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Well with all of that steel I would imagine that it should be a tame shooter by .40S&W standards. Cool stuff, and congrats.
That link above states its reciever is aluminum alloy. I have handled a nicely blued all steel .45 ACP CZ.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Stumbled upon one in a pawn shop several years ago for $250. I had never heard of this model and decided to wait until I could check it out. And of course, when I went back a couple of days later it was gone.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Traded for one a while back. It's got some reliability issues. I've ordered a new recoil spring and I have a new mag here for it. I just need to shoot it some more. It seems it may be a tuner's gun if you have any issues. Mostly fixed by springs it seems.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It nice to see a post regarding the CZ40B.

I bought mine brand new at the gun show in Wilmington Ohio before we relocated to Richmond, VA which was in Nov 2001.

I actually mentioned this discussion to my girlfriend earlier this afternoon.

I had always had a love affair with CZ weapons since I was young but I never could afford any. Earlier in the year I rectified that by buying my first CZ-75.

Fast forward to the Wilmington gun show. We had made one lap around the outer perimeter and was half way through the middle tables when I came across a dealer that had a CZ-40B and a Steyr 9mm (I think) . I was fascinated with the Steyr pistol because it had trapezoid sights.

I put it down and picked up the CZ-40B and that was all she wrote. The grip fit perfectly, it was a little heavy to handle the .40SW rounds and I loved it.

I still do, but the only thing I do wish it had was a decocker.

It has never give me one hiccup and I have fired everything type of ammo and weight through it.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
It nice to see a post regarding the CZ40B.

I bought mine brand new at the gun show in Wilmington Ohio before we relocated to Richmond, VA which was in Nov 2001.

I actually mentioned this discussion to my girlfriend earlier this afternoon.

I had always had a love affair with CZ weapons since I was young but I never could afford any. Earlier in the year I rectified that by buying my first CZ-75.

Fast forward to the Wilmington gun show. We had made one lap around the outer perimeter and was half way through the middle tables when I came across a dealer that had a CZ-40B and a Steyr 9mm (I think) . I was fascinated with the Steyr pistol because it had trapezoid sights.

I put it down and picked up the CZ-40B and that was all she wrote. The grip fit perfectly, it was a little heavy to handle the .40SW rounds and I loved it.

I still do, but the only thing I do wish it had was a decocker.

It has never give me one hiccup and I have fired everything type of ammo and weight through it.

Rectified? I like that. I think I'm over-rectified when it comes to CZ's. SmileMaybe an illness?

The history of the CZ40B is posted on one of the CZ forums by Angus Hobdell. He has specific personal insight on the requirements that Colt required for the Z40 version. Between the B, the P or the Z versions- they seem to be highly sought after.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a video about these on youtube. Pretty sure it was in the "Forgotten Weapons" series and the host was Justin ________, but I cannot remember his last name.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Folks just call him 'Gun Jesus'.

I had a chance to buy a CZ-40B when they first came out. Unfortunately I had a pretty tight budget at the time and had to pass.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ian, not Justin. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks for the correction! Good thing I didn't bet the farm on that!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post