SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LOK Grips for CZ - Your experience, and a discount code
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOK Grips for CZ - Your experience, and a discount code Login/Join 
posted
Braintrust,
Before my question, there is a 10% discount using LOKCD19 that ends at 11:59 10/13.
I am planning to order a couple. Have put it off because I am not sure of what texture to opt for.
(For thickness, plan to get the palm swell, even though I have small hands -- I much prefer the rubber CZ - made palm swell grips vs the flatter synthetic OEM grips, and the overly thin [but sexy] aluminum grips.)
What has your experience been with the more aggressive textures? The most aggressive is Bogie, followed by Roughnecks and Ridgebacks, then several other less aggressive variants. Have you been surprised that any of those choices proved not aggressive enough for you, or more than you had bargained for? And do you use any of those textures for concealed carry?
Any other thoughts on LOK also welcomed.
Thanks,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have two sets of palm swell bogies on my CZs, but both are full size competition guns. A Shadow 2 and a TSO. I really like the grip they provide. They’d probably be too wide and irritating/sticky to clothing and skin for carry.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have the full checkered palm swell versions on two CZ75s (different colors) and a pair of Ridgebacks on a Browning Hi Power. For me, the full checkered type is more comfortable, and the Ridgeback is about as aggressive as I would go. But that's really all about personal preferences. Fit and finish of all three pairs is excellent. I would definitely buy from LOK again.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Here’s mine FYI. https://youtu.be/a1KKugP5VRw

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm the same as you, I preferred the stock rubber palm swells over stock flats. I put palm swell Bogies on my 97BD and palm swell Grenades on my PCR. The 97 is for range and home, PCR is for carry. Both are awesome.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
The bogies are sharp enough to cut skin. I had to file the points a bit on areas of mine.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I'll go less aggressive than I originally thought.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
The bogies are sharp enough to cut skin. I had to file the points a bit on areas of mine.

Yes, did mine, too. Felt much better after.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Does anyone have experience with "Roughnecks"? They specifically describe them as "sharp".

And what did you file the Bogies down with?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nail filer.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
i hit them with sand paper, but anything of the sorts will work.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Does anyone have experience with "Roughnecks"? They specifically describe them as "sharp".

And what did you file the Bogies down with?

I do not, but from looking at them, I'm doubtful that they're sharper than the bogies.

posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for all the helpful input. I ordered a set of bogies and set of Roughbacks for 2 75B's that I use less and not for carry vs my PCR size 75's. Based on that experience, will order more for the PCR's.

Interestingly, the next day I was at Cajun Gun Works dropping off four toys for beautification (I am so excited and can't wait). They happened to have a gun with bogies. Felt very very good in the hand, though I could see that they could get sharp over a bit of shooting. I'll probably be reaching for that nail file...

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
LOK: I have/have had two different thickness CZ grips and three(?) 1911's, all Bogie. I've been happy with all of them. I like the texture, but I like very aggressive grips. (they could be more aggressive and I wouldn't mind. Smile

I bought their first CZ offering, which was just a little thicker than the aluminum CZ thins. I sold them when they came out with thinner "thins" that match the aluminum thin width.

I sold one set of 1911's when I added a mag well. (replaced with flat bottom ones from LOK)

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Grenades on my 75 compact. They did require “fitting”.

Posts: 8 | Location: Jonesboro Ar. | Registered: May 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Thanks very much for all the helpful input. I ordered a set of bogies and set of Roughbacks for 2 75B's that I use less and not for carry vs my PCR size 75's. Based on that experience, will order more for the PCR's.

Interestingly, the next day I was at Cajun Gun Works dropping off four toys for beautification (I am so excited and can't wait). They happened to have a gun with bogies. Felt very very good in the hand, though I could see that they could get sharp over a bit of shooting. I'll probably be reaching for that nail file...

If I still shot cz's, I'd run the palm swell bogies. My issues were slapping the gun aggressively on the draw and cutting the palm of my hand.

posted Hide Post
I usually get the most abrasive grips available.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post