SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So, i am looking for slim bobtail 1911 grips.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, i am looking for slim bobtail 1911 grips. Login/Join 
posted
These are for my guardian, my smooth ivory micarta grips are well used.

I spent an hour scrounging the net with little luck.

What I am hoping the great an knowledge base of sig forum can do is help track down some of the following.

1) must be thin grips, i dont want to change out grip screw bushings.

2) I am looking for the following Bone, ivory, antler, buffalo horn, rosewood, desert ironwood. Out of all of those desert ironwood and buffalo horn are numbers 1 and 2.

3) I would like them checkered in double diamond patern.

If any of you have any places beside sarge's, spegel, chalis, please let me know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I have Aluma slim grips on 3 of
My bobtail 1911 commanders, and a full size 1911. You can custom order grips directly at their website.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
If you have a file any full sized grips can become BobTailed ones.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Esmeralda, very nice grips. I have a set for my V bob. I switch them out occasionally with the DW grips. Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2762 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, i had forgotten about esmerelda. I have an email to her about some Thin Desert Ironwood Double Diamond checkered.

Houge does not have what i am looking for, vz's are not what i like.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I have a set I no longer need. They are yours if you want them. Email in profile.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I have a set I no longer need. They are yours if you want them. Email in profile.

Email sent

These are what i am replacing. The other side is scratched, two tone from sweat, and disfigured from a kydex holster.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
This pair of slim bobtails from Esmeralda cocobolos might just be what your looking for. I've seen them on several occasions on her site in the past. You may even contact her to see if she will be making any soon that suit your preferences.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
You might find what you need at Finer Grain. He makes a lot of grips especially for Dan Wessons and makes specifically some thinner grips.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Does Ryan (Sarge) checker oe double diamond his grips now? I know he does some beautiful work. I contracted with him to custom install the 2-tone Wilson emblem into a pair of excellent maple burls once and they came out superb!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
A further thought DSgrouse, after I had the Kobra Carry customized I had Larry Davidson do a small favor by running off a pair of cocobola starburst bobtailed grips for the pistol. When I recently sold the KC to a forum member here he loved the starburst cocos and asked if I would part with them. I gave in, giving thought to the fact that I don't shoot anymore and they'd just be gathering dust around here. He now has both, and if you wish, I could try and contact him to see if he would want to part with those pictured on the Kobra Carry above. He may just have them laying around and not used. Let me know and I'll see if I can contact him.

This is the starburst cocobolas that the forum member wanted when I sold him the pistol after it was customized. Btw, Larry Davidson was the one who made the original starburst grips for Wilson 1911's. That's what gave me the idea to see if he'd do a one off for me.

Regards, Will G.

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
A further thought DSgrouse, after I had the Kobra Carry customized I had Larry Davidson do a small favor by running off a pair of cocobola starburst bobtailed grips for the pistol. When I recently sold the KC to a forum member here he loved the starburst cocos and asked if I would part with them. I gave in, giving thought to the fact that I don't shoot anymore and they'd just be gathering dust around here. He now has both, and if you wish, I could try and contact him to see if he would want to part with those pictured on the Kobra Carry above. He may just have them laying around and not used. Let me know and I'll see if I can contact him.

This is the starburst cocobolas that the forum member wanted when I sold him the pistol after it was customized. Btw, Larry Davidson was the one who made the original starburst grips for Wilson 1911's. That's what gave me the idea to see if he'd do a one off for me.

Those grips are awesome.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does Ryan (Sarge) checker oe double diamond his grips now? I know he does some beautiful work. I contracted with him to custom install the 2-tone Wilson emblem into a pair of excellent maple burls once and they came out superb!

Not as far as i know

posted Hide Post
quote:
This pair of slim bobtails from Esmeralda cocobolos might just be what your looking for. I've seen them on several occasions on her site in the past. You may even contact her to see if she will be making any soon that suit your preferences.

I have an email to her, thank you.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:

I have an email to her, thank you.

This is the exact set I have on mine. I'll post a photo of them, you know... just for motivation. Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2762 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Raasco makes a Slim Antique Ivory PB Phenolic 1911 grip.
It looks like you can order it as a Bobtail grip.

https://raasco.com/slim-1911-g...e-ivory-pb-phenolic/

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Raasco makes a Slim Antique Ivory PB Phenolic 1911 grip.
It looks like you can order it as a Bobtail grip.

https://raasco.com/slim-1911-g...e-ivory-pb-phenolic/

I have an email into them about their Desert Ironwood grips. Nothing back yet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:

Thank you greatly, they arrived today. They fit cery nicely. I will give it a go at the range tomorrow.

Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Take a look a Sarge's grips...
http://shop.thefinergrain.com/

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post