SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Spring Kit Same for P230 vs P232?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Kit Same for P230 vs P232? Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Would like to replace the springs in my recently acquired P230 as one or two look pretty bad, so just want to do them all.

Does the spring kit for the P232 fit the P230, or do they require specifically different kits?

Thanks in advance!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, I was able to get away with using an older SIG Arms P232 kit.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Look at Wolff Springs; believe they use the same stuff

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Wolff only has recoil and hammer springs listed, and Sig doesn't list a kit for the P232 at all anymore, despite the fact it's only been out of production for two years! Dumbasses... (I e-mailed them and am still waiting on a reply. Also asked the question on their FaceBook page with no response so far...).

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding one. I got one of the last ones on eBay several months ago. I've used the 232 recoil spring in a 230.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P232 kit should work...with minor modifications. The P232 has a cutout inside the frame where the decocker lever spring sits and the P230 doesn't. So you have to snip off a bit of the tail to get it to fit. Otherwise I believe they're the same.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post