SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again) Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Any of them.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
P320. I shot one. The trigger is better than a Glock, and the ergonomics are better than a Glock. I'm just not a striker man.

P227. 10+1 with massive grip. Why not 8+1 with slim grip? Does it really make that much of a difference?

P225. It does nothing that my P239 does not. It's a nostalgia gun.

Spartain 1911. I'm not Greek. My family does not own a restaurant or live in a house that looks like the Parthenon.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
320 and 290. I do not like striker fired guns and the 290 just felt awkward In my hand.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Sig 290 never again

Sig 250 (I think are ok but no point for me to win one again)

Any Sig in 22

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Realizing that some are classic, and others are wildly popular, but these are my no buy:

1- The P230/232 - Clearly classic SIGs, but I've never liked the .380.
2- The P320 - Obviously SIG's latest and greatest hyped gun. But, after fondling them, and shot the "X-Five" Roll Eyes , I was totally underwhelmed.
3- The "1911"- A 1911 with a long external extractor? NOPE!
4- Any long external extractor SIGs - To me, a SIG just doesn't look right with this thing on. Yes, purely cosmetic, but I do care. That's why my M11A1s are gone.
5- The P238 and P938 - Never been a fan of the Colt Mustang types.

What are your no buy SIGs?

I totally agree with no. 3 and 4. Honestly, I don't even look at them when I'm at my
LGS. Same exact reason why I don't buy any S&W revolvers with built in locks. YUCK!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
The only SIG that interests me is the P320. Unless something new comes along, that's the only one I would consider buying.

I have a P228 that I keep out of nostalgia, but if I buy another DA/SA pistol it will be Beretta 92, not a SIG.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mosquito. Shame on Sig for foisting this POS on us!
P210. Want one but not at 2K.
938/238. Too small. And used Colt Mustangs are cheap.
P224. Just odd, IMHO.
Anything rainbow or diamond plate.
On the fence about the Legion series. Is the cost justified?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
320, 250, DAK/DAO models, 290, 238, 1911, 938, I think that's about it.

Incase you can't see the theme, I like DA/SA Classic SIGs. I have no problem with new production vs German, I am happy with both. I haven't ever had a failure of the long extractor either.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
SIG P220-10. Sometime ago, after it was announced, Bruce Gray mentioned in a thread that it wasn't really designed for the stout 10mm hard cast loads. If it can't handle these loads, why own it when the GLOCK 20 is more than adequate?

Posts: 12435 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it would be easier to list the Sigs that I WOULD buy. I have a W. German P228 and I might eventually replace the P229 Legion, MPX, or pick up a P226-9-BSS-GER but that is about it.

I won't be replacing the 1911 Traditional TACOPS, the SP2022, the P938, P238, P239, or the P320. There are also no other Sigs on the market that interest me.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything without a DAK trigger. Wish Sig would make a DAK P225-A1.

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
SIG P220-10. Sometime ago, after it was announced, Bruce Gray mentioned in a thread that it wasn't really designed for the stout 10mm hard cast loads. If it can't handle these loads, why own it when the GLOCK 20 is more than adequate?

I thought his comment about that was in reference to the converted ones he was working on before there was ever a factory 10mm option, and that it occurred back before the factory ones were even announced?

Did he say it again, later, about the ones from the factory? I don't recall that.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
No metal SIGs with a rail.
No SIGs with a long extractor
No plastic SIGs, except for my 2022 with the Swiss frame, and my SC 250.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

I thought his comment about that was in reference to the converted ones he was working on before there was ever a factory 10mm option, and that it occurred back before the factory ones were even announced?

Did he say it again, later, about the ones from the factory? I don't recall that.

I thought it was in context of the converted and the factory manufactured ones. Perhaps I am wrong. It sounds like we need Bruce to pick up the white courtesy phone.

Posts: 12435 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made the mistake of buying a P239 in 9mm. That will not be happening again. I will be on the lookout for a railless p228/9 in 9mm after I rid of the P239.

The P239 had the same issue as my Kahr. Failures to feed.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I originally intended on saying the P6/P225. I bought the last $300 P6 I ever saw in the classifieds here. Terribly inaccurate for me (had the lighter spring in it) so I traded it for something else. I tried that and don't need to again.

Then I saw the thread about the possibility that more Surplus P6s could possibly hit the market. I might fall for that if priced right. Lucky for me they're being destroyed though sad.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
1911 Nightmare Carry - Feature rich but with 'we simply slapped these parts together' assembly.
P938 - Reliable pistol but subsequent pistol choices have proven better for carry.
P320 - After correcting a failure to reset issue I like this pistol and it can be shot very accurately but I already have one and don't need another.

Although the possibility of ever seeing it again is slim, my first P226 (JJ) purchased new Oct. 1989 and sold July 1993 - Good riddance to that one.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
No metal SIGs with a rail.
No SIGs with a long extractor
No plastic SIGs, except for my 2022 with the Swiss frame, and my SC 250.

I'm in this camp. All classic SIGs, no rail, and no plastic. I may consider a 2022 to keep my Glock 19 company but that's all the plastic I'll accept in my stable.

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Realizing that some are classic, and others are wildly popular, but these are my no buy:

1- The P230/232 - Clearly classic SIGs, but I've never liked the .380.
2- The P320 - Obviously SIG's latest and greatest hyped gun. But, after fondling them, and shot the "X-Five" Roll Eyes , I was totally underwhelmed.
3- The "1911"- A 1911 with a long external extractor? NOPE!
4- Any long external extractor SIGs - To me, a SIG just doesn't look right with this thing on. Yes, purely cosmetic, but I do care. That's why my M11A1s are gone.
5- The P238 and P938 - Never been a fan of the Colt Mustang types.

What are your no buy SIGs?

Same list as yours but add the P250 (trigger) and the Mosquito (happy with my Buckmark, why get a Sig that is known for jamming?).

I liked the exchange kit thing on the 250, liked might be a subtle word as I loved it. But the DAO Trigger was out for me. It's easier to train with just one trigger type that runs cross platforms (DA/SA for P220, 226 228).

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

I don't either, I remember that thread, it pertained only to his converted guns at that time.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post