SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again) Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
238 & 938 -- I wanted to like the 938, so I examined one at a LGS, and it's just too small for my hand. I won't be buying either of those.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, the Mosquito, the rainbow/other bizarre finish pistols, the 232 and the 1911-type pistols of all sizes have been covered, so...

I'd never buy a 228, 229 or 239. There's not a damned thing inherently wrong with them, they just don't fit me. The old P6/P225 doesn't fit me well but works reasonably well for me, so I guess that's one that "I won't sell but don't see buying another one of".

In the "bought but wouldn't buy again" category, I'd put aluminum-framed 220s in .45 and 226s in either 357SIG or .40. Again, there's nothing inherently wrong with them. I'm enough of a recoil wimp that there's no such thing as settling into a good, long productive range session with either of those two pistols, and good, long productive range sessions are part of what makes me believe a pistol will make a good defensive weapon.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The No-Sig Sig Mosquito.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I second the 320. Couldnt shoot it worth a damn. My problem though, not the gun.
232 is another i want but would rarely shoot so its out. And then most any of the pocket ones.
Im not a 1911 guy, so i probably wont have one of them either, although the only 1911 i have really enjoyed was a GSR from a couple years back.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stay away from all except P226, P220, P229.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the old, short extractor. The new long extractor just looks wrong.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
Count me in for a mosquito, p230/232, and the p220 carry.....cause my mitts are simply too big and it didn't feel in my hands

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with any Sig but I prefer a Sig which is not striker fired. Also I differ from others in the I have no problem with the long extractor and find it extremely reliable.Also have no problem with the DAK trigger as I shoot it just as well as any s/a. However this may be because for years I shot revolvers and was issued one before the department switched to the Sig P226 in 1985. Since retiring I continue to shoot Sig's and Have Sigs with internal extractor, the short and long extractor which includes the Sig full size nightmare 1911 in 45acp with long extractor. I also have no problem with the Sig P226 Stainless Elite in 9mm which has the long extractor and also is heavy which others do not like. My EDC is the Sig P220 Compact SAS with DAK which is the older one with the internal extractor but with the stainless steel slide. I just love this one have no problem carry it concealed. I just feel comfortable carrying a 45acp. which is very accurate. Looks as if I go against the grain here but everyone has their own preference and nothing wrong with that.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
The only two Sigs I regret buying are the P-245 (too much gun in a small package) and 556ix (while nice rifle no parts/barrels/goodies). Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care for 1911 type guns, but do like some of the SIG offerings. I wouldn't buy a rainbow or tribal type gun, but there's no gun from SIG I wouldn't buy if I wanted it. I have several SIG's and just got a 320x5 and all in all they run perfect. Flawless, in fact. I kind of hate all the marketing and gimmicky stuff SIG does, but I appreciate the need to stay in business and broaden your customer base. I prefer HK's because they don't offer 20 variations of every gun like SIG does, and I think to some degree SIG's qc has dropped, but if you're in the business of selling guns you gotta sell as many as you can to as many people as you can. I'll never sell the ones I have, and will probably own more.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting real picky. I absolutely hate the 290. About the only Sigs left that I actually shoot are the 250's and 226's. Which reminds me, it's probably time to list the ones I don't really enjoy anymore.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me why sig decided to put out the rainbow flavor of their pistols????? I mean some of the Master Shop offerings are horrible on the eyes, but those take the cake IMO

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I agree with your list except for the P230/P232 which has a place in my rotation.

Hate the long extractor also and would add rails to the list which are as useless as tits on a boar hog to me. Ruins the classic style look. Fine for the military and law enforcement. I still use a flashlight if needed

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]posted June 16, 2017 10:40 AM Hide Post
On the banned list:

- Mosquito/GSG Firefly: for obvious reliability reasons, crack-friendly slides and that gawd awful DA trigger
- GSG-made, SIG brand (now SIG owned) 22LR 1911s
- 290/290RS: the trigger break that's just keeps going on into tomorrow
- P224: the G26/27/33 wannabe for hammer guns that still makes no sense to me
- SIG 1911s with the 'SIG' profile slide: sorry, a 1911 should not try to look like a P220 or P228
- R556 rifles and pistols
- any DAK triggered SIG
- marketing theme guns like the Scorpions, Rainbows, Emperors-Guardians-Sentinels-War Mongers-Assassins-Legionnaires-Tyrants-Spartans-Village Peoples, Micro-Combats (really? REALLY?)
- any 238 other than basic black or two-tone
- 938: don't trust them to not break
- P-series Elite Darks: they just HAD to go with that goddamned rear sight
- P229 Carry/Compact/Condensed/whatever: another makes zero sense pistol
- P239: I've always hated that front strap, and now that the P225-A1 is out, the P239 is redundant and even more obsolete to me
- P230/232: odd to include this considering I recently became an owner of a 232SL, but the itch is officially scratched and I don't want another
- bizarro-colored and ornamented X-Fives and X-Sixes: I know that they're relative rare here, but c'mon, man. Understated good taste SHOULD count for something, and these ain't got it.
- Swiss P210: after the first, may I lust for another. And another. There are SO many variants and neat accessories and cool stuff, and yet so little time and money!
- SIG Sauer bolt guns (SSG 3000, SIG50): tepid support, expensive, relatively quick withdraw from the market. How can anyone have faith in that, no matter how well they may shoot? My buddy's SSG 3000 is impressive but his Tikka CTR is even more so at half the price. As for the 50BMG, I suppose the 'I'd rather have a Barrett' thingy played a role; still, SIG didn't give the rifle a chance, choosing instead to cut their losses. Sometimes you MUST be stubborn, and maybe the market will finally get it.

Agree completely. Well Said.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Seems like every Sig I've had that didn't have a folded slide has been traded off or sold. I just couldn't fall in love with them.

Mosquito
Trailside

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Mosquito and the odd colored P226 X5 series.

The Mosquito is a piece of shit.

The odd colored X5's are just not appealing to me.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Never owned, never will: 225, 226, 238, 938, 1911. I like the looks of the 225 & 226 but they just aren't for me.

Used to own but sold (probably will never againSmile 229 in both 40 & 357 Sig

Used to own but never again: 232 - too snappy & I consolidated calibers to 45 & 9mm

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Non DAK guns, I like the DAK and am thinking about getting my 229 converted

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Non DAK guns, I like the DAK and am thinking about getting my 229 converted

I've tried to like the DAK 3 times......and all 3 times I have made the conversion, the pistol either goes or I convert it back within 2 magazines

Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
290, 250 & 224/.40........never, ever again.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post