SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again) Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Realizing that some are classic, and others are wildly popular, but these are my no buy:

1- The P230/232 - Clearly classic SIGs, but I've never liked the .380.
2- The P320 - Obviously SIG's latest and greatest hyped gun. But, after fondling them, and shot the "X-Five" Roll Eyes , I was totally underwhelmed.
3- The "1911"- A 1911 with a long external extractor? NOPE!
4- Any long external extractor SIGs - To me, a SIG just doesn't look right with this thing on. Yes, purely cosmetic, but I do care. That's why my M11A1s are gone.
5- The P238 and P938 - Never been a fan of the Colt Mustang types.

What are your no buy SIGs?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Anything with a rainbow or diamond plate finished slide.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
Anything with a rainbow or diamond plate finished slide.

That is exactly what I was going to put.

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Not even sure this counts as a SIG, but a Mosquito.
238 is a close second, only because it's a 1911-style .380.
Just about everything else I'd have no problem picking up if the price was right.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I carried a SIG on duty/off duty/CCW etc... from 1990 to 2005. I attended numerous classes with one, shot various forms of competition with one, trained other shooters with one, etc...

But as of today, I don't think that there is any SIG pistol that I would buy or buy again. I recently tried out the SIG P320, after all; lots of people really are liking them. Nope, not for me.

Time will tell, but for now - no more SIGs in the foreseeable future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
My Mosquito is one of the worst guns I have ever owned. It's been back to Sig twice, still doesn't work. It's so awful that I would feel guilty about selling it to someone, so the piece of crap is still occupying space in my safe.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:

like you, any of the 1911 stuff, including the little 938. I'm just not into 1911s.

The P224 doesn't turn me on either.

P320. I tried, I really did. At one time I had 4 of them. The only one I kept was a FS 9mm because my son likes to shoot it.

And it may be because of ignorance, but I have no interest in the MPX line, either.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Realizing that some are classic, and others are wildly popular, but these are my no buy:

1- The P230/232 - Clearly classic SIGs, but I've never liked the .380.
2- The P320 - Obviously SIG's latest and greatest hyped gun. But, after fondling them, and shot the "X-Five" Roll Eyes , I was totally underwhelmed.
3- The "1911"- A 1911 with a long external extractor? NOPE!
4- Any long external extractor SIGs - To me, a SIG just doesn't look right with this thing on. Yes, purely cosmetic, but I do care. That's why my M11A1s are gone.
5- The P238 and P938 - Never been a fan of the Colt Mustang types.

Pretty much exactly what he said!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Bought and sold my classic 556 with the fish gills..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
P220. Wanted to love it, twice. Just doesn't work for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything SAO-I like all my Sigs to be DA/SA
P320- I have a G32 and shoot it well
P230/232-Don't shoot .380 much and have an older PPK/S
P224-Don't see the need.
Anything with bling on it
The new P225 or M11A1-I like my German ones

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ONLY buy the Elite P Series Pistols in DA/SA configuration! Considering the 227 Elite right now, putting it up against the HK45. LOVE large Beavertail, won't buy a Legion because it lacks the Large Beavertail!

Posts: 72 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
No fly list: DAO (had a P250 and couldn't shoot it worth a poop). DAK. Striker (P320).

V-Tail approved list: I like SIG DA / SA, might consider SAO.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a mosquito for a while. Quite accurate but too many issues so ever again.

First Sig ever was a 226 equinox in 40. Probably never get another of those heavy pigs.

No current sigs but I'd like to get another 226 or 228.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Mosquito, ( had one and it ran ok, but was never really happy with it, so off it went. )

250, never impressed with it, never bought it.

320, feels good and shot good for me, but I'm pretty much locked into Glock for the polymer framed gun department.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
P239. A tweener. Heavy and big as CCW go along with low capacity. P225 fits this application better IMO. And of course a P228/P229 and G19 blows it away.

P250. Not a fan of DOA

Anything DAK. Tried it, didn't like it.

P938. I've got a P238 and like it well enough not to sell it right now, but the 9mm version doesn't do much for me.

Anything Sig has trick-up. Rainbow et al

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The rainbow & diamond plate are near the top from the aesthetic perspective.
Don't know that I'd carry a SAO, so the P238/98 are out.
Wanted a P250 when I registered here, but have since acquired a P320, so the 250 is a good bit down the want list as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
P227. Wanted to love it, especially for a suppressor host, just never could get comfortable with it.

P238/P938/1911. As others have said none of these have any attraction for me. Owned one 1911 in my entire life and never cared for it.

P239. Like NavyGuy just too big to be good for CCW, too low round count for anything else.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
My Mosquito for sure- I had to get rid of it after really wanting to like it. It always let me down at the range.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
On the banned list:

- Mosquito/GSG Firefly: for obvious reliability reasons, crack-friendly slides and that gawd awful DA trigger
- GSG-made, SIG brand (now SIG owned) 22LR 1911s
- 290/290RS: the trigger break that's just keeps going on into tomorrow
- P224: the G26/27/33 wannabe for hammer guns that still makes no sense to me
- SIG 1911s with the 'SIG' profile slide: sorry, a 1911 should not try to look like a P220 or P228
- R556 rifles and pistols
- any DAK triggered SIG
- marketing theme guns like the Scorpions, Rainbows, Emperors-Guardians-Sentinels-War Mongers-Assassins-Legionnaires-Tyrants-Spartans-Village Peoples, Micro-Combats (really? REALLY?)
- any 238 other than basic black or two-tone
- 938: don't trust them to not break
- P-series Elite Darks: they just HAD to go with that goddamned rear sight
- P229 Carry/Compact/Condensed/whatever: another makes zero sense pistol
- P239: I've always hated that front strap, and now that the P225-A1 is out, the P239 is redundant and even more obsolete to me
- P230/232: odd to include this considering I recently became an owner of a 232SL, but the itch is officially scratched and I don't want another
- bizarro-colored and ornamented X-Fives and X-Sixes: I know that they're relative rare here, but c'mon, man. Understated good taste SHOULD count for something, and these ain't got it.
- Swiss P210: after the first, may I lust for another. And another. There are SO many variants and neat accessories and cool stuff, and yet so little time and money!
- SIG Sauer bolt guns (SSG 3000, SIG50): tepid support, expensive, relatively quick withdraw from the market. How can anyone have faith in that, no matter how well they may shoot? My buddy's SSG 3000 is impressive but his Tikka CTR is even more so at half the price. As for the 50BMG, I suppose the 'I'd rather have a Barrett' thingy played a role; still, SIG didn't give the rifle a chance, choosing instead to cut their losses. Sometimes you MUST be stubborn, and maybe the market will finally get it.

Okay, the last two I admit that I wouldn't mind having. But I doth protest nevertheless. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post