SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again) Login/Join 
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Realizing that some are classic, and others are wildly popular, but these are my no buy:

1- The P230/232 - Clearly classic SIGs, but I've never liked the .380.
2- The P320 - Obviously SIG's latest and greatest hyped gun. But, after fondling them, and shot the "X-Five" Roll Eyes , I was totally underwhelmed.
3- The "1911"- A 1911 with a long external extractor? NOPE!
4- Any long external extractor SIGs - To me, a SIG just doesn't look right with this thing on. Yes, purely cosmetic, but I do care. That's why my M11A1s are gone.
5- The P238 and P938 - Never been a fan of the Colt Mustang types.

What are your no buy SIGs?

Your list pretty much sums it up for me with the addition of the 239. I just don't like the top heaviness and thin grip.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
A mosquito...quite befitting name as it is annoying as a mosquito in the number of time it jams. My buddy had one and insist I shoot it...could not get through a mag without multiple malfunction...how there is not a recall....

And the Sig P226 SAO Legion. I was very excited when this was announced. When a local range had a Sig Demo day, I dropped everything to go shoot that amd the P320. Nice flat trigger. Shot it and glad I didnt buy it. It was nice but the accuracy was very disappointing. Compared to a CZ Shadow Target, I would buy another CZ.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am happy to own just about any Sig! Whether I would buy any Sig other than the traditional P-series is another question. However, I must confess that I own examples of each of those enumerated by 12131.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new 320. I fondled one a few times and it kinda piqued my interest but I got to shoot a friend's and like Q, I was underwhelmed.
Never shot a mosquito but from what I've read, I'm not missing anything. I'll stick with my Ruger.
I genuinely liked my 938 and only had problems with WWB ammunition. Just out grew it finally.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a fan of the P320 - I think it's the future of firearms, honestly. They're practical and given the price point and capability, it's hard to imagine that the classic sigs will be anything other than a niche product. Given the cost to build those nowadays, i have to assume there is an expiration date on that design...even though I prefer it myself. The classic sigs have an emotional appeal that the new plastic guns simply do not. I carry a P938 and for some reason the long extractors on the 1911s dont bother me. Not sure why. And i actually do like the sig profile slides on the sig 1911s (though I only have one 1911 and it's a Sig w/ the traditional slide profile).

Anyway, my no buy list would be:

-P224 (stupid gun)
-Long extractor P series (ugly)
-P250
-Mosquito (not a sig)
-Platinum/Diamond finish (way over the top)
-DAO/DAK
-Elite Dark pistols (rear sight!)

i'm pretty well on board with soggy_spinout's list except the 1911s and the 938s

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
The P230/232 for me as well. They look like nice guns but for me are dramatically overfed for a .380. If - big if - I ever buy a .380, it'll be one of the micro guns for backup use or deep concealment. The only fullsize/compact size I'd buy would be one of the classic Berettas, because they just look sexy to me with a can on them.

I'll avoid their rifles except for the Classic 550-series if I start collecting, and maybe some SBR suppressed MCX/MPX action. If I stay out of tax stamps, there's nothing their long arms do for me that less expensive quality milspec AR platforms can't already accomplish at a lower price point and with greater parts availability.

With the availability of the P220 Legion, I'll probably never buy another P-series pistol that doesn't have those medallions on the grips. Especially with prices coming down I'd rather spend an extra 10% for the Legion goodness.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Realizing that some are classic, and others are wildly popular, but these are my no buy:

2- The P320 - Obviously SIG's latest and greatest hyped gun. But, after fondling them, and shot the "X-Five" Roll Eyes , I was totally underwhelmed.
4- Any long external extractor SIGs - To me, a SIG just doesn't look right with this thing on. Yes, purely cosmetic, but I do care. That's why my M11A1s are gone.
5- The P238 and P938 - Never been a fan of the Colt Mustang types.

These, and the P250, and the Mosquito, or any of their US made rifles. I'll also spew some heresy and say I have zero interest in a P210. Simply doesn't twist my nuts.

That said, your qualifier for #1 isn't true for me, I don't mind .380 and own a old Colt 1908 and a G42, but the P230/232 is big for what it is and is known for slide/hammer bite, and I've got big mitts that get chewed by everything known for slide/hammer bite and then some.

I'll also add the P224. I was a devout P229 fan when these were announced and even then, I thought it was a half-baked idea. Brand "G" does this concept better.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any alloy or striker fired pistol. Don't want any more 1911's but that Sig 357 one I bought is OK.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I will never buy anything made of plastic.
I have the 1911s I want and they all wear a Pony.
The P224 is too damned small for my tastes and hands.
The P239 just doesn't work for me aesthetically.

The P225-A1 is okay but I am content to just keep my original P225.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
, i have to assume there is an expiration date on that design.

Heresy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a 1911 fan so I guess none of those. Had a P226 in .40 and sold it, didn't like the feel of it as much as my P228 or P229s. So I guess I might buy one in 9mm with the classic folded slide and no rail just to have, but probably not. If I could find one in factory nickel I'd be more likely to give it another shot. I also had a P290 and sold it, didn't like it at all, wouldn't buy another. Would consider a P230/2, but not actively looking. Have a P320 in .40, its ok, would probably not buy another. Not too many other models I am interested in enough to buy.

I really like my P228s, P229s, P239 and P225, although I have to admit I have not shot the P225 yet. Would probably only buy another of these if I could find them in factory nickel, otherwise I am all set for Sigs.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Any 1911 based gun. I'm allergic to 1911s. Little ones, big ones, they're all things I stay away from. So many superior choices out there in semiautos.

Non-DAK DAO guns. I have a NYPD P226 trade in that had that trigger set up and I converted it to DA/SA.

I have a .40 229 DAK, but I'm done with .40, and it will be sold soon. Pretty gun, but I'm going to all 9mm and .45ACP.

I don't care about Sig rifles at all really, so many other choices out there.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
quote:

I will never buy anything made of plastic.
I have the 1911s I want and they all wear a Pony.
The P224 is too damned small for my tastes and hands.
The P239 just doesn't work for me aesthetically.

The P225-A1 is okay but I am content to just keep my original P225.

Try a 2022 and see if you change your mind. IMO, the triple serial number French over run 2022 is the best one on the market.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can't find a use for the P290 or P224.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't let a bad caliber get in the way of classic lines. Both mine are in 7,65B

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Would never buy:
SPxxxx models
DAO models
1911 (to me, a 1911 is a Colt and Don Williams)

Have owned but never again:
P23x bites me badly
DAK

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
, i have to assume there is an expiration date on that design.

Heresy.

im not saying I want that; but i think the beancounters will eventually have their way. Or perhaps the classic Sig design will be found only in the mastershop guns, or something like that. It's always about the money. Even now, my local guy is stocking only plastic guns; his customers don't see why you'd spend a lot more on a 226/229 when the 320 does the job.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

These are my Never Buys also, along with the Mosquito.

I have no interest in a Sig 1911; I have shot one and was completely underwhelmed compared to my Les Baer Premier II and Wilson CQB. There are other 1911s I'd rather purchase than a Sig. And I also will not purchase a long extractor Sig, they look funky.

I won't slam the door shut on the 320 or the 230, just don't have an interest in them currently.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320 - owned two and just couldn't get them to work for me. The X5 is tempting though.

938 - oddly it was too small for my hands. Found it difficult to manipulate.

290rs - see above plus the trigger broke way to far back

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:

My list, which also includes some of yours and other's thoughts that I'll echo:

1). P238 and P938 - Micro 1911's are pointless to me. I've got way to many years of muscle memory with Classic P Series pistols to deal with a stupid, tiny safety in an "O.S." moment. If I want to carry a .380, I'll go with the P230...it's pull & shoot and balls accurate.
2). Full size P250 pistols. There's no sense in them in a world that has both P226's and SP2340's. The subcompact? Maybe a decent waistband stuffer since a chance of an AD caused by clothing is less a probability than with the poly-striker P320 of the same size.
3). Yeah, any 'Rainbow Brite' piece never need darken my door.
4). Most any other 'theme' weapon, i.e. Spartan, 5.11, Gadsden Flag, Bill Hicks Zombie, Copperhead custom, etc. I can't use a silly weapon.
5). The P224. Really, what can it do that a P239 can't? So it might have one or two more rounds depending on caliber, its ergonomics are daft.
6). The P225-A1. Why? Nostalgia, I guess? When you can get the original P225 for less in many cases? Using that thinking, if I wanted 'retro', why would I buy a brand new Camaro Z/28 for $75K when I could get a very nice restored '69 Z/28 for $50K? Makes no sense if retro is what you're going for to begin with. If not, what can it do that a P239 can't, and in more powerful calibers?

I probably forgot a few, but those are one's that, for their own obvious tragic reasons, stick in my head....

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post