SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGs that you've never bought (or have bought) and have no intention of buying (or buying again) Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Have bought;

P220 - I have had 4 and just cannot shoot them well

M11A1 - Bought it hoping it was a P228...nope the balance was all off, might as well be a P229

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
My list, which also includes some of yours and other's thoughts that I'll echo:

3). Yeah, any 'Rainbow Brite' piece never need darken my door.
4). Most any other 'theme' weapon, i.e. Spartan, 5.11, Gadsden Flag, Bill Hicks Zombie, Copperhead custom, etc. I can't use a silly weapon.

Couldn't agree with you more about these. Not the kind of unicorns I'm looking for.

quote:
if I wanted 'retro', why would I buy a brand new Camaro Z/28 for $75K when I could get a very nice restored '69 Z/28 for $50K? Makes no sense if retro is what you're going for to begin with.

True. I'd love to have the new Z/28 over the old one, but for some reason I can't find the Nürburgring on my way to work. Somehow I'd be more likely to find the State Patrol instead...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Somehow I'd be more likely to find the State Patrol instead...

You could see how fast that Crown Vic can get around the COA when no one's looking...if you don't get run down on Toll 130 first, while trying to get there, that is.... Razz

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Have bought;

P220 - I have had 4 and just cannot shoot them well

M11A1 - Bought it hoping it was a P228...nope the balance was all off, might as well be a P229

It is a 229, just no rail and grips that say 228.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P230, P232

Posts: 91 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 230therapy:
P230, P232

230therapy, does it mean that you needed therapy after shooting the 230? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P227 just could not shoot it well. Sold it and staying with my 226s for duty.

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot the most important Sigs I'll never buy. Anything made in .40 cal. Don't want to start a caliber war, the .40 is a fine round, but I'm trying to standardize and simplify how many calibers I stock. So 9mm and .45 and I'm good to go. The .40 doesn't do anything for me that those 2 don't do. I could probably drop the .45 and stay with 9mm I suspect except I'd have to sell too many guns.

However, IF Sig came out with a P210 that was DA/SA, was double stack and had at least 16 round mags and only came in .40, I'd most assuredly be forced into stocking .40 cal rounds as well cause I'd be a buyer for sure.

So like that's ever going to happen.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
However, IF Sig came out with a P210 that was DA/SA, was double stack and had at least 16 round mags and only came in .40, I'd most assuredly be forced into stocking .40 cal rounds as well cause I'd be a buyer for sure../

Sure, it's called the X-Five Allround. Big Grin
But seriously, what you're asking is no longer the P210.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Any double action only SIG.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tango Sierra
posted Hide Post
SIGs I've owned and won't buy again.

P220. I've owned four and sold them all. Kept wanting to like the 45acp version and even though the grip angle was right for me, the grip width was way too wide for a single stack. Even my son's duty H&K USP 45 double stack was thinner in the grip. I really enjoyed shooting my P220 Sig Incognito 9mm (Browning BDA) but with the heel mag release it was too slow for IDPA use so I sold it to help fund moving from film to digital photography. I did like the 1911 grip angle of the P220

P226 ST 357sig. Made full house 357sig loads easy to shoot but never liked the European grip angle nor that the grip felt like holding a baseball bat to me. Sold that also to fund the camera equip switch I was making. Won't be another P226 in my future.

P225 I held on to this for years intending it to be my carry gun if by some miracle Illinois got conceal carry. By the time CCW did arrive here, better choices were available than having a fat boat anchor for a single stack 8+1 9mm CCW gun. I still have it but I'll probably sell it also someday.

SIGs that have been around awhile that I won't consider buying.

P228 or P229. Rented to try years ago but didn't care for the grip width or angle.

1911 is my favorite gun to shoot and I have a few (not Sig) that I use for USPSA competition. When I went to the gun shop intending to buy a Sig 1911 a year after they hit the market I was extremely disappointed in the fit and finish of the Sig so I changed my mind and bought a used Kimber Custom Royal (early Yonkers Series I) instead to add to my 1911 collection. Sig 1911s are not in my future.

Rented a SP2022 once. Too fat for me.

When I was younger and liked to fondle my guns I appreciated the feel plus the style that looked like the Electro-Motive Division had designed the Sig P series. These days I don't fondle my pistols, I just shoot them. I haven't checked out any of the recent model Sigs.

Other than my purchase of two CCW pistols from other manufacturers I haven't bought a pistol in ten years and unless another life change thing happens I probably won't buy another pistol again. I guess that leaves SIG out of my future. My current dozen pistols will go to my heirs.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Rural North Central Illinois | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sig p220. Nothing wrong with the design, but after handling a P227 the doublestack seems to fit me better. No point in going back.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ok my list.

220. Just didn't work. No matter what grip I tried, it would squirm in my hand.

230/232. Beautiful. No use for .380 in that size.

1911. I have no use for 1911's. I may try the EMP 4.0 but that's not a true 1911, and not a sig.

MCX/MPX. Better carbine options out there.

239/225. Just too big for capacity.

Milled slide 226. My folded slide just shoots better with updated springs.

320. Great shooter, G19 is still better.

Legions. Great pistols, big investment. A folded slide with custom work works better for the amount of money invested. Besides, I hate the look of a long extractor.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought - Won't buy again
Mosquito - I never had any problems with mine as long as I ran the ammo it liked, but if I do get back into 22 pistols, there are better options at the same price point.

239 - Front strap is too squared off and the finger groove grips made it too bulky for the size. At basically the same size, the 225/P6 or even the new 225A are better guns.

Would not buy
CA compliant guns with the flag chamber loaded indicator and extra writing.

238/938 - Too small and uncomfortable for me.

230/232 - I don't play in that caliber.

224 - Too big/bulky for what it should be.

250/320 - I like the concept, but the cost of the extra slide/barrels is like buying another gun.

Sig slide 1911s - Loved my traditional slide reverse two-tone. I don't mind the external extractor. I do think the Sig slides are ugly though.

Any of the gaudy garbage - does this even need a note? Some of those look like you will get injured just racking the slide.

Not opposed, but probably will never buy
210 - The only things I don't like about these guns are the look (not ugly, but odd) and the price. I am never going to be a target shooter, so I cannot justify the $$$ in my head.

Prefer not to buy
Guns with rails. My 228 is railed, but that was the only one I could at the time. Don't see the need for rails on a handgun (for me).

Posts: 89 | Registered: December 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Somehow I'd be more likely to find the State Patrol instead...

You could see how fast that Crown Vic can get around the COA when no one's looking...if you don't get run down on Toll 130 first, while trying to get there, that is.... Razz

It is a better idea to just behave instead. Outrunning the Crown Vic doesn't seem like a good idea. If I could get an Audi R18 on the road and still not out run the radio, helicopter, spike strips, warrant, etc... THEN have the K-9 unit show up and sic Butterbean on me as he fastens himself to my arm and I scream like a three year old girl playing with bees...

Anyway, I have no intentions of buying any of the 'enhanced' X-series guns either. Just don't like the way they look with the huge X on them. The same can be said for the P320 I suppose. Too many choices out there that don't have billboards...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
P250 full size in .45 - love the modularity & easy cleaning, do not like DAO and it was just too big for only 10 rounds.

SP2022 in 9mm - just hated the trigger.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I have tried 3 different 9mm P229s over the years. Two of the original generation and a P229-1 Extreme. Sold them after not having them very long and have no plans to revisit them ever again. I just can't come to like them as much as other SIG pistols. Nothing wrong with them functionally or accuracy wise, they just don't "feel right" to me. A P228 or P226 handles better and feels better to me.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The 1911 line. I/ve handled several, shot a couple but didn't find the special something that Colt's and Dan Wessons deliver for me.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
The only one that interest me any more is the 228.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Honestly? Just about any of them. CZ pistols are just as accurate and reliable and fit my hands better, for $200 less. While reliable, the P220, P228 and P239 I owned in the 1990s didn't "do it" for me. A 1911 I bought in 2007 was complete crap, so much so that (to their credit) they gave me a new one. Of more recent offerings, the only one I was truly intrigued by was the P320, although initially put off by its looks, and I did get one of those recently. While there is nothing magical about it, it is accurate, reliable (300 rounds so far with zero issues) and easy to shoot. It will be a "keeper."

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post